HG intelligence

Started by KankWhisperer, December 30, 2016, 01:28:14 AM

Is your average HG smarter than Derick Zoolander.

Average HG
15 (44.1%)
Zoolander
18 (52.9%)
Other
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Damn, this is a good one.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I went Zoolander, because he's an Above Average HG.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Mandatory watching of both movies before being allowed to play a HG. Get on their level.

Toughest question posed to this community since Magneto vs Tektolnes two thumbs up i literally cannot decide.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

The corollary to this question is why would half-giants be employed as Arm of the Dragon soldiers without supervision and how often do they randomly kill or maim people because they were too stupid to figure out the appropriate action.

Quote from: KankWhisperer on December 30, 2016, 01:34:26 AM
Mandatory watching of both movies before being allowed to play a HG. Get on their level.

Really the most true thing I've read on the GDB.

~Jack Vance~

This is my favourite thread in a long time.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Kalden on December 30, 2016, 02:28:27 AM
The corollary to this question is why would half-giants be employed as Arm of the Dragon soldiers without supervision and how often do they randomly kill or maim people because they were too stupid to figure out the appropriate action.

The honest answer is that people don't want to play characters who have to be chaperoned somewhere, so those giants end up conveniently very smart.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Reiloth on December 30, 2016, 01:31:08 AM
I went Zoolander, because he's an Above Average HG.

https://youtu.be/4xwsZ5vC5Oc

He might indeed be above average male model. Notice in this scene he seems aware that smoking is a bad idea, if not the gas fight. A more appropriate poll would have been average male model vs average half giant. Hansel probably has AI male model intelligence.

There's figuring things out slowly, and there's never figuring things out at all.

I've seen people with really high intelligences, and I thank God I wasn't gifted with THAT. Most of them seem like complete idiots, if you understand what I mean.

So the solid half giant who may be slow on the uptake (very slow) could still function in society. Particularly a primitive one like this and if they've been given some basic instructions to follow. If they were too dumb to follow instructions they wouldn't be utilized at all. They just can't seem to adjust to anything outside of their basic instructions very rapidly.

Honestly, fun flippancy of the poll aside, I'm not sure when half-giants became clinically retarded instead of being just dim-witted, mercurial mimics, but I wish that it hadn't happened.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

But why male models?

I don't think anyone is saying they should be played that way...And those that are should be given a soft hand of guidance. I find this thread to be a mercurial uplift to an otherwise Trolly Tuesday on the GDB.

I think watching Zoolander exactly provides the dim-witted, mercurial mimicry needed to play a good HG.

~Jack Vance~

I answered other. question is too hard

Quote from: Samoa on December 30, 2016, 03:05:08 PM
Honestly, fun flippancy of the poll aside, I'm not sure when half-giants became clinically retarded instead of being just dim-witted, mercurial mimics, but I wish that it hadn't happened.

I think the problem is that a lot of giants are neither clinically retarded or dim-witted, mercurial mimics. I'd like to see more of the latter.

I voted Zoolander in the poll but man. I am still not sure.