Reactions to the Witch Subguilds

Started by Cind, December 27, 2016, 12:44:14 AM

Quote from: Akaramu on February 16, 2017, 12:53:05 PM
Good for you! I'm glad it's there. I don't remember a single person saying they want magick subguilds gone. They just want elementalist main guilds back in addition to subguilds.

I do. I want the magick subguilds gone, and I want the main magick guilds back. Drov and Elkros I'm ambivalent about but all the others I would prefer back, intact, as they were. Including Sorcery.

I've been pretty vocal about that (textually speaking of course).
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I just want my Drovian and Elkran friends and my Nilazi foes to have a place in the world again.

Unlike the two above me, I'm not as concerned about Subguilds, or a place for Drov/Elkros (despite a burning desire to play an elkrosian)

I just want to be able to play a 'full' Ruk and explore my connection to the world, or a 'full' viv that toys with the fluid forces of the Known. I can do that with subguilds, and MAY do that, but I always considered Full Guilds to be "What you were born to do" and subguilds more of a "what you've trained to do". I know many disagree, but its my personal view, and now it feels more "I was born to be a fighter, but oops I'm afflicted by magick". Its thematically appropriate, and I admit it, but I don't like it.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Synthesis on February 16, 2017, 12:31:56 PM
I only do it because I'm an argumentative bastard.

Prove it.

Quote from: Lizzie on February 16, 2017, 12:59:48 PM
Quote from: Akaramu on February 16, 2017, 12:53:05 PM
Good for you! I'm glad it's there. I don't remember a single person saying they want magick subguilds gone. They just want elementalist main guilds back in addition to subguilds.

I do. I want the magick subguilds gone, and I want the main magick guilds back. Drov and Elkros I'm ambivalent about but all the others I would prefer back, intact, as they were. Including Sorcery.

I've been pretty vocal about that (textually speaking of course).

Never change, Lizzie. You're like the GDB community's cranky grandma. It warms my heart.

I'm in a really weird mood today. For one, I bothered to read the GDB.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Marauder Moe on February 16, 2017, 01:01:34 PM
I just want my Drovian and Elkran friends and my Nilazi foes to have a place in the world again.
Then as other people said, you are obviously a power hungry meta gamer /s

I just want my lich king character warrior/nilazi.

How bout we all get promoted to Sorcerer-King and get our own cities? Then we can rp and war on that level.

OOC: Consent for annexation and pillaging?

Quote from: Miradus on February 16, 2017, 05:04:27 PM

How bout we all get promoted to Sorcerer-King and get our own cities? Then we can rp and war on that level.

Lets all roleplay like kids do on the playground.
"I use my gun"
"I'm an alien immune to bullets"
"I use my laser"
"I'm immune to lasers"

If we all powergame, it's like no one is!