Author Topic: Mental illness thread  (Read 24144 times)

MeTekillot

Re: Mental illness thread
« Reply #375 on: December 22, 2018, 01:29:30 AM »
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:34:33 PM by MeTekillot »
we are here to hack motherfuckers up with bone swords,

MeTekillot

« Reply #376 on: December 22, 2018, 01:32:33 AM »
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:34:41 PM by MeTekillot »

MeTekillot

« Reply #377 on: December 22, 2018, 01:39:05 AM »
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:35:00 PM by MeTekillot »

MeTekillot

« Reply #378 on: December 22, 2018, 01:43:02 AM »
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:35:14 PM by MeTekillot »

MeTekillot

« Reply #379 on: December 22, 2018, 01:56:50 AM »
My friend's dog cuddled up to me when he found me crying. So that is soothing.

X-D

« Reply #380 on: December 22, 2018, 06:53:42 AM »
Ugh...I will try to work through these.....

I'm finding it hard to make friends that don't share my unshakable self confidence. I try hard (in person) to not talk about myself as people grow obviously insecure oe sniveling or resentful when I do nothing but walk in a room. No one seems to take an interest in what I say (because I speak in a nearly inaudible mumble at all times) or their interest is in service to obvious ulterior motives. People seem to feel entitled to my time or to make attacks toward my self esteem. I receive much more consideration for saying the same thing that someone less attractive would and it is painfully obvious. I'm still just as alienated from people as I was before. Feeding my narcissism feels like small consolation. At least I don't struggle so much with my appearance. Is it unfair to me to downplay my looks purposefully?

I wonder how you define "friend".....and yes, people of course prefer when you talk about them or something else...Stop mumbling then, make no apology, speak loudly and in control as any alpha would. I walk into a room, I own that room and everybody in it. Now that does not mean that I roll in there like some loud brash fucktard, but I do move in with a strut, head high, shoulders back and look everybody in the eye, Confidence goes a long way in social settings. Looks schmooks...it means far less then you seem to think.

Girls my friends are dating keep doing weird presentory stuff to me to communicate interest and I don't know how to fucking handle it. How do you bring that up without sounding like a cocky asshole?

I just want to sit and play some goddamn video games. Where do the people with self confidence with loyal girlfriends hang out? I just want a friendship without some kind of tension hanging thick in the air. I feel so isolated.

The tension is likely in your own head...ignore it. And again, if acting alpha, such things are beneath you anyway. Oh, as to the cocky asshole, I am a cocky asshole, I own that shit bitch. I will take your girlfriend for a night or three and hand her back with a smile, tired, sweaty and worn out. Bleh...soy boy beta males deserve no less.

I let people think they're smarter than me because too often they don't comprehend what I'm trying to say because I lack the social skills and oratory ability to present the information in an interesting way or they grow even more uncomfortable in my presence when they realize I am also more intelligent than average. I'm wracked with anxiety because so many of my social interactions are me trying to assuage the ego of someone uncomfortable in my presence.

Stop it...some people are smarter....the people that can handle it will stay around and the others will not. It is that simple and nothing to worry about.

My friend's dog cuddled up to me when he found me crying. So that is soothing.

Dogs rule. It is likely that we would not be where we are without them.

Also, it seems to me that your major issue is not so much all the things you worry/talk about, but that you worry.

Stop it, worry is useless, I honestly do not understand how anybody does it, but it seems that almost all "normal" People do. I do not, because it is 100% pointless. There is one choice on anything you worry about...either you cannot do anything about it, in which case it will work out however and beyond your control, so wasting thought on it is pointless...OR you can control it and do...so wasting thought on it is pointless.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 07:00:21 AM by X-D »
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

boog

« Reply #381 on: December 22, 2018, 02:36:05 PM »
Have you scheduled an appointment yet?
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

MeTekillot

« Reply #382 on: December 22, 2018, 05:22:27 PM »
I spoke with my therapist a few days ago. My finances are in some stress at the moment due to me not being careful but I'll be fine until next Friday.

MeTekillot

« Reply #383 on: December 22, 2018, 08:31:21 PM »
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:36:47 PM by MeTekillot »

boog

« Reply #384 on: December 22, 2018, 09:48:51 PM »
I spoke with my therapist a few days ago. My finances are in some stress at the moment due to me not being careful but I'll be fine until next Friday.

Dude. They have a sliding scale. I told you this. You need more than just a therapist.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

MeTekillot

« Reply #385 on: December 23, 2018, 12:11:26 AM »
I feel like you assume that because I am extremely open with the thoughts and sentiments other people keep private or don't realize the subconsciously have that I am in a worse place mentally than I actually am.

MeTekillot

« Reply #386 on: December 23, 2018, 09:19:28 AM »
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:37:06 PM by MeTekillot »

MeTekillot

« Reply #387 on: December 23, 2018, 05:40:17 PM »
Or could be the LSD has shifted my brain chemistry in a significant enough way that I comprehend social subtleties like fireworks now, as I do most sensations. People glancing at me out of their corner of their eye is as obvious to me as them turning their whole body to stare at me. A slight shift of their posture, etcetera. I'm still in the after-effects of all my trips, probably. I do hope this social sensitivity sticks around. I was completely disengaged from other people's mind states before the acid, I'm aware of that. The world makes a lot more sense now.

MeTekillot

« Reply #388 on: December 23, 2018, 07:40:33 PM »
Some days I feel like there's an endless amount of things of interest to me. Science, news, music, exercise, friends, working, books, tv, drugs, movies, games, camping/hiking, podcasts, streams, sports... all chock full of great shit I love to experience. Other days it feels like I can't find a single thing that will keep my interest among any of them.

I'm only just starting to realize it's my mood that is causing this disparity, and not a lack of things to find within those examples.
Could be smoking shit-tons of weed depletes your ability to focus on things, which might be already affected with you in the first place?

MeTekillot

« Reply #389 on: December 23, 2018, 09:42:02 PM »
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:37:23 PM by MeTekillot »

boog

« Reply #390 on: December 24, 2018, 01:30:49 AM »
You self diagnosing yourself isn't helping anything. YOU need a professional, beyond the scope of therapy. I've given you the tools and resources, I've asked my family in Louisville for resources that are sliding scale, since you claim you have no money and then you do at the same time, and I check in constantly. If you won't take them to get yourself help, then I've done all I can.

If you polled every single person who has seen this thread, they would tell you that you need to see someone who deals in treating mental illnesses, not just in therapy. I guarantee it.
There is only one boog.

MeTekillot

« Reply #391 on: December 24, 2018, 10:11:05 AM »
Truth be told, boog, I'm not interested in anymore antiboner zombie pills. I know that i haven't tried ALL of them, but I tried at least six and I'm not at all interested in getting my shit fucked up further by them or any other drugs for that matter. I'm kicking the junk. The worst I'll do is maybe a little bit of weed to unwind once in a while, MAYBE, and perhaps a drink or two if I have to go out into a party or something.

I'll try to get a diagnosis for autism spectrum disorder or lack of it for work and school concessions. We'll see how that goes.
Quote from: boog link=topic=52075.msg1025065#msg1025065
since you claim you have no money and then you do at the same time.
Huh?

Jarvis

« Reply #392 on: December 24, 2018, 02:05:17 PM »
antiboner zombie pills

Thats way too painfully accurate.
But I do agree with boog, get a diagnosis done by a professional. Self-diagnosis is not only bad but its also counter-productive.

Its the equivalent of going on webMD looking for how many tumors you have.
Once you get an accurate diagnosis done by a professional,  aka a psychiatrist.
Therapists giving you pills is a worse gamble than lottery. Go see a private psychiatrist, not a hospital once, since you only get 15 minutes with those and they won't give a raining shit about you. Once they diagnose you, you'll be treated accurately, with pills that will actually help you.
The man puts his tongued, grotesque, translucent groin rig on over his eyes.

Lizzie

« Reply #393 on: December 24, 2018, 02:28:29 PM »
...or they might send him to rehab, where he can detoxify properly in a supervised setting, and bring him back to square one where they can see exactly what's wrong (if anything) without all the drugs and unhealthy behaviors interfering with an actual diagnosis.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #394 on: December 24, 2018, 07:51:28 PM »
edit: See next post
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 11:01:39 PM by RogueGunslinger »

boog

« Reply #395 on: December 24, 2018, 08:28:11 PM »
Rehab and detox from what?

It's easy to just say "Go see a private professional, but not one of those general, assembly-line style professionals." But if you don't have money the latter sort is really the only kind you will ever see. And the latter sort should eventually be enough, through enough visits and an open enough patient. But if he's already been through 6 different meds then very clearly he's already been to see the latter sort.

the latter part is bullshit. I gave him the information he needs for a network of doctors who work on a sliding scale basis.
There is only one boog.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #396 on: December 24, 2018, 09:19:35 PM »
Edit 4: You know, I should probably just not talk about things like this, for even the possibility of being misunderstood. But if there's anything I want to say definitively it's this this: If your mental situation is affecting your life negatively, seek outside help from a professional.

And that's all that I should really ever say.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 11:04:32 PM by RogueGunslinger »

MeTekillot

« Reply #397 on: December 25, 2018, 09:29:31 AM »
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:37:54 PM by MeTekillot »

MeTekillot

« Reply #398 on: December 25, 2018, 10:05:31 AM »
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 10:10:26 AM by MeTekillot »

Nathvaan

• Administrator
« Reply #399 on: December 26, 2018, 06:52:27 AM »
Locking this topic.  It has been heavily self redacted so it seem the discussion is complete.