Author Topic: MeTekillot mental illness thread  (Read 9027 times)

MeTekillot

Re: MeTekillot mental illness thread
« Reply #225 on: May 12, 2017, 08:29:46 AM »
I thought having kids with randos would be cool though.
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

boog

« Reply #226 on: May 12, 2017, 08:41:58 AM »
You live in Kentucky. Don't be Kentucky.

And mostly I meant for the STDs. I'm worried you'll engage in high risk behavior, such as not protecting yourself, if only for the thrill.

I want to at least tell you to practice some sort of caution.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

MeTekillot

« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2017, 01:30:13 AM »
Sad and angry about social rejection/isolation tonight, negatively affecting my work performance but I'm still functional. My sex drive is also way down.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 01:31:57 AM by MeTekillot »

Yam

« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2017, 07:58:05 PM »
Hamster also trusts me now from my efforts to assuage my previous cruelty.

Now is the time to strike. Make it a decisive battle.

FamousAmos

« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2017, 08:47:18 PM »
Has Borderline Personality Disorder ever been discussed with you, Met?

MeTekillot

« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2017, 10:54:42 PM »
No, I don't know if I meet the criteria for that. I do have issues with abandonment, but mine are more a result of naivete and poor social skills than a personality disorder, I think.

FamousAmos

« Reply #231 on: May 17, 2017, 02:22:19 AM »
Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment
A pattern of intense and unstable relationships with family, friends, and loved ones, often swinging from extreme closeness and love (idealization) to extreme dislike or anger (devaluation)
Distorted and unstable self-image or sense of self
Impulsive and often dangerous behaviors, such as spending sprees, unsafe sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, and binge eating
Recurring suicidal behaviors or threats or self-harming behavior, such as cutting
Intense and highly changeable moods, with each episode lasting from a few hours to a few days
Chronic feelings of emptiness
Inappropriate, intense anger or problems controlling anger
Having stress-related paranoid thoughts
Having severe dissociative symptoms, such as feeling cut off from oneself, observing oneself from outside the body, or losing touch with reality

MeTekillot

« Reply #232 on: May 21, 2017, 09:08:18 AM »
I don't have objectives answers for all of those.

MeTekillot

« Reply #233 on: May 21, 2017, 09:13:26 AM »
Procastinating until today on quitting harmful coping behavior of weed smoking. Dreading avoiding weed smoking friend will make my weird schizoid loneliness problems worse. Only available regular human interaction is electronic, strangers, work, or toxic family. Unstable relationships is probably a maybe at least. Been stable for last few weeks besides other night at work idealizing suicide rather than move back with family if I can't find living situation. Lease is up and roommate moving out.

MeTekillot

« Reply #234 on: May 27, 2017, 07:42:36 PM »
I'm too squeamish to commit suicide but depressed enpugh that it fucks up my work performance.

MeTekillot

« Reply #235 on: May 28, 2017, 07:06:23 AM »
I've bounced back into a generally content state of mind. Also of note is I've completely stopped use of nonprescription drugs.

MeTekillot

« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2017, 05:44:16 PM »
I have moved out to bumfuck nowhere Corydon to live with my dad, get my license, and save money for college. My anxiety has been steady since I moved out here a few days ago. Does anyone have antianxiety tips? I smoke 1 cigarette a day max if I become too overwhelmed but I want to stop that completely. My dad isn't supportive of me going to therapy but I'll still go when possible. I have twice weekly online sessions as well. I partially moved out here due to guilt over not being as close to this side of the family as well.

Molten Heart

« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2017, 06:36:12 PM »
I don't know if I've posted this on the GDB before, but there's been links found between anxiety and poor gut flora. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/04/gut-bacteria-mental-healt_n_6391014.html

Maybe mix up your diet with some pro and pre-biotics.

Edited to add: Another good tool for anxiety is a thing called "Box Breathing" (http://quietkit.com/box-breathing/)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 06:45:10 PM by Molten Heart »

MeTekillot

« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2017, 11:34:12 PM »
I can't hold a job without quitting from despair inducing boredom 6 months down the line so my job history is a wreck. I have the same problem at every job. I can't go to college because I can't get a license without a car to practice. I moved back in with my fucking mom which was a shitshow and I can already tell will be again. I'm unemployed. I've started smoking cigarettes because they're the only thing that give me fifteen minutes of no anxiety from how fucked I am. I am terrified of driving. My mental health is in shambles. I'm in the safety net of my antidepressants because I can feel how much worse I would feel without them, it's like there's guard rails on how sad I can get, but not on how anxious. I've been vomiting from stress.

MeTekillot

« Reply #239 on: July 26, 2017, 11:44:07 PM »
Actually, maybe not on the guard rails. Every day I've been struggling with suicidal thoughts to escape the wreck that has been and will be my life, just not in sadness, but as a way to cope. Fantasizing about suicide puts me to sleep, but I still can't sleep through the night.