What Are You Going to Do in 2017?

Started by Miradus, December 21, 2016, 01:28:52 PM

Tired of these backward-looking threads, so let's try a different direction.

What type of character or play have you NEVER had but want to try in 2017?

For me I'll throw out 3:

A gemmer
A long-lived 'rinthi thug of some sort who actually prospers and survives IN the 'rinth
A stump who actually fills their focus and gets a new one

I have a couple of ideas but... they're very specific (with IC sekrits right off the bat) and if I post them here, I won't be able to play anonymously in 2017.  :'(

In my 15+ years of Armageddon, I've never played a noble PC. I feel like I have the attitude and personality of an Allanaki noble IRL so I don't see why I couldn't pull it off. The next time I see an opening for one I may just apply for it!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on December 21, 2016, 01:35:44 PM
In my 15+ years of Armageddon, I've never played a noble PC. I feel like I have the attitude and personality of an Allanaki noble IRL so I don't see why I couldn't pull it off. The next time I see an opening for one I may just apply for it!

I'll be ur concubine, bb
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I should probably play an elf or rinthi sometime this year. Provided I'm not still playing my current PC.

I want to play a merchant/witch elf woman who survives on her magick and/or crafting. Honestly, I am not interested right now and have not been for some time. But an elf with a witch subguild sounds far more fun than a main guild witch elf ever did.

I want to play a Tuluki citizen living in Morin's, possibly with a witch subguild unmanifested. But probably with the outlaw or grebber subguild so I could live off the land, since I haven't tried a Morin's life yet and don't know what skills are useless for making money there. I still need to stop being so in love with the south before I can try that. I'm one of those players who don't mind going for long stretches without someone to talk to, and you only need one person to breathe life into a place like Morin's, I think.

I want to play a Stormer. Eat bread, drink spice ale, sift spice, forage artifact for pearl. Talk idly to people, don't ask too many questions, raise hood, weat s. Live entirely out of the village, going nowhere else. I like purist type of lives like this. The Morin's concept would be Morin's only as well.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

I didn't see the 'never.' But I would only need to remove the Stormer from that equation.

I would make a really good lives-in-the-niche-place pc. If we ever get a new village or farm you could actually live out of, with like a coded fire to cook over and food and water to buy, I'd probably live there for a good long while. As it stands you can't live out of Yaroch or New Menos without leaving, because of the lack of food and the lack of water respectively, which seems a little weird to me, but I think they are actually trying to keep people from living there, from thinning people out.

Someone with a different sexual orientation than I have in real life. I always play straight people. Even the dudes I play are straight.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on December 21, 2016, 02:48:10 PM
Someone with a different sexual orientation than I have in real life. I always play straight people. Even the dudes I play are straight.

I like mixing this up. I've played both genders and pretty much every combination of orientation. Funny enough, the most backlash I get is from women who only like men.

ArmageddonMUD: where any sexual orientation is okay UNLESS you're a straight woman.

Same thing I do every year, Pinky...
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Quote from: nessalin on December 21, 2016, 02:54:37 PM

Nessalin doesn't need to TRY to take over the world...

I might try an elf, I have a problem with the elven mindset and its difficult for me, which might be great. Either that, or a super-troll pickpocket.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: nessalin on December 21, 2016, 02:54:37 PM

>takeover world
What?

>takeover 1.world
What?

>takeover 2.world
What?

Quote from: Delirium on December 21, 2016, 02:51:34 PMFunny enough, the most backlash I get is from women who only like men.

ArmageddonMUD: where any sexual orientation is okay UNLESS you're a straight woman.

This is so weirdly true.

Asexual all day bb.

Also, I'm gonna try to continue to bio.  I've been doing a good job lately -- the trick is keeping it going.

It's making me very happy, and I want to keep it up.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

December 21, 2016, 03:32:04 PM #14 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 03:34:41 PM by Akaramu
The last time I played a male PC, awkwardness ensued IC and OOC.

The next time I play a dude I'll probably just let him have a VNPC relationship to avoid awkward mudsex. Or I'll hit on one of Moe's girl PCs again because that was akward in fun, purely IC ways.  ;D

To actually contribute... biographies. I always enjoy it when I'm actually writing those.

the boards ramp into sexual orientation/sex chatter pretty quickly nowadays. I sense a tumblr merge fast approaching

Q: What Are You Going to Do in 2017?
A: You.
Whatever happens, happens.

I probably should play in the AoD.

Aside from a stint in Salarr as a Corporal, Oash as a Magus, and about 5 days in the Byn, I've never really played in an Allanak clan (not counting Guild).

#rinth4life
#elvesarebetter

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I've only ever played in Dasari for a noble house role. I was just a grebber, for about a month.

I've been wanting to play a servant in a noble house for a long time. The House you pick is kind of important though, and I'm not sure which one I would want. Also I think they would be all like, damn, we have to keep looking for an aide. But they wouldn't know I have playtimes all over the board--- except peak, never peak. So it would all work out, right? Who the fuck needs to talk to the maid at three in the morning?

takeover world.Zalanthas
You must first remove it.

remove world.zalanathas
You feel sick, and the world around you spins.
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

I've never played a Sorcerer, Mindbender, Whiran, Krathi or Templar. I don't think I want to play any of them next year either.

I would like to play a Mul. I think that would be quite interesting - AoD or Byn perhaps.
I would like to play a successful explorer.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I'd pretty much like to keep my current character alive as long as possible. I'm still pretty new to the game and it's my first character, so I doubt I'll have a lot of karma even if I play perfectly, so I hope she doesn't die before I earn a teensy bit of karma to apply for merchant/warriorly subguild and I can move from outpost to outpost to peddle my goods and spend them all in luxury goods - spice and fine ale.

Boring concept? Yeah, possibly it's been done to death. But I personally want to find out about more spice and crafting.

Really deep exploration of the world with a whiran with travel domain would be my second goal. Then possibly a run-of-the-mill warrior who completely learns about the combat mechanics would be the third.

I will have a 10+ day wilderness character, daggumit!  >:(

I'd also like to try one of the crazier high karma roles that I've never tried, such as a mul or psion.

I'm not sure if I'll have to make another character in 2017, but if I do, I think I'd like to join the Byn. 

It has actually been over a decade since I played in the Byn.

I'm super in love with my current character!

But, like nauta, I should probably play in the AoD sometime. Even though my track record of soldier deaths is far less impressive than his/hers/theirs.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

I feel it might be time for the deep seeded beggar.   The guy who looks like shit -All the time- and lives on caravan way, hassling the life out of every single passer by for a few coins or a bit of water or a scrap of chalton steak.  Embodying the shitstyle life that is supposed to be _common_ in Allanak.   Also no matter how kind or cruel people are to me, I'll trade every last bit of everything I gather for that next hit of spice.

Until I'm on the spice! THEN, I'm gonna turn this city around! back on itself and get people working for me! Telling them what to do... course.. I only ever get a grain at a time.. so.. not much happens.

s-desc the twitchy slack-jawed commoner
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

I'm not exactly tired of playing <thing> for the past year, but I recently wanted to do a Morin's native with a specific goal in mind. Hoping I can make a living there and not die of thirst, due to the lack of forage food in my idea.

The idea of playing a specific witch aspect rogue in Storm appeals to me for some reason, its kind of weird because that is -so- not my usual thing, every moment of every day.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Nilazi...wait

Elkran...wait
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

spec app elkran nilazi gith ranger.
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

Gonna play again, for one. I've taken an extremely long break because of reasons.

Probably a more non-mundane PC. I cycle between them but never really find Magick all that enthralling. I haven't explored many of the new sub guild options yet.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Twinking

Other than that:

- Barber
- Templar
- Raider
- Prostitute

I have to find my groove with the current magicker guilds. Still not warmed up to them.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Iiyola on December 26, 2016, 02:56:58 AM
Twinking

Other than that:

- Barber
- Templar
- Raider
- Prostitute

I have to find my groove with the current magicker guilds. Still not warmed up to them.

Yeah, me neither. It's like esoterically, I get that they are more well-rounded 'people' now, and not just glass cannons. The best bet so far has been for me to play PCs that are unmanifested, and unaware of their connection with magick beyond the stray 'huh' sort of moment.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I'm just gonna try to play more. It's been a rough last few months for hobbies and work/life balance.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: a french mans shirt on December 21, 2016, 04:48:02 PM
I've only ever played in Dasari for a noble house role. I was just a grebber, for about a month.

I've been wanting to play a servant in a noble house for a long time. The House you pick is kind of important though, and I'm not sure which one I would want. Also I think they would be all like, damn, we have to keep looking for an aide. But they wouldn't know I have playtimes all over the board--- except peak, never peak. So it would all work out, right? Who the fuck needs to talk to the maid at three in the morning?

House Dasari is the best House!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Watched some Anime.

Want to play a yandere character in Armageddon.  ;D

(Look it up and be afraid. Be very, very afraid.)

Always wanted to play an Allanaki Templar. My Northern Templar was my favorite role to date.

Damn you, Armageddon, for actually being good right now.

Damn you.

You vicious creature, Ginka.

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on December 27, 2016, 01:33:21 PM
Always wanted to play an Allanaki Templar. My Northern Templar was my favorite role to date.

Damn you.

Thought you were taking a break? :P That didn't last long.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

December 27, 2016, 03:15:34 PM #38 Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 03:17:11 PM by Akaramu
I think Reiloth would be a badass templar. Go for it!

I want to see more templars in 2017. I've been back to Zalanthas for some time now and encountered 0 PC templars.  :'(

What I'm NOT going to do is cry about that templar role call that popped up when I just fell into a character that I'm loving...

Oh wait, this is a do thread, so come New Years, I'm crying!   :'(  (Damn you, well-timed role calls, damn you!)

Quote from: Iiyola on December 27, 2016, 03:04:18 PM
Quote from: Reiloth on December 27, 2016, 01:33:21 PM

Damn you.

Thought you were taking a break? :P That didn't last long.

I more announce when i'm taking a break for the Clannies that might be looking for me/my PC, but I can't tell them I stored.

I'm not one to claim my breaks are forever :)

~Jack Vance~

JUST APPLY, BROS.
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on December 27, 2016, 07:27:14 PM
JUST APPLY, BROS.

But then i'll have to give up my PC, and i'm enjoying it immensely!

~Jack Vance~

I'd like to just compliment brokkr on a well written post. I really enjoyed reading it. Thoughtful and shows a lot of attention to other people's voices.

Except for the infatuation with Laura Mars. She abandoned us all and went over to Iron Realms.  Hrmph!

I kind of want to try a mul, but I've no idea how to rp one. The only nonhuman I ever played was a breed, and I always felt that I didn't do the race justice.

Quote from: Dar on December 27, 2016, 07:37:41 PMExcept for the infatuation with Laura Mars. She abandoned us all and went over to Iron Realms.  Hrmph!

I still play! Just don't have time for more than a few hours a week at most. :( Super casual pseudo-single-player mode for now.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on December 28, 2016, 08:06:46 PM
Quote from: Dar on December 27, 2016, 07:37:41 PMExcept for the infatuation with Laura Mars. She abandoned us all and went over to Iron Realms.  Hrmph!

I still play! Just don't have time for more than a few hours a week at most. :( Super casual pseudo-single-player mode for now.

I'd guilt and shame you, but I probably play even less then you do. Want to, but no time. Alas. Alas.

I am going to do cool shit, and I am going to help others do their cool shit.

That's my goal.  Faciltitate awesomenesses.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I'm going to try to play less (delegate more) and put more effort into finding my fortune in the real world so that I can retire and play video games at my leisure.

Quote from: Malifaxis on December 30, 2016, 01:23:08 AM
I am going to do cool shit, and I am going to help others do their cool shit.

That's my goal.  Faciltitate awesomenesses.

Amen.

~Jack Vance~

I want to raise more hell. Radical reaction to any provocation.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on January 06, 2017, 02:56:26 PM

Sounds like my brother-in-law.

Quote from: WarriorPoet on January 06, 2017, 02:56:26 PM

Just don't be the guy that escalates to 'i'm gonna kill the motherfucker' if he looks at you weird.

Unless your PC is like, the 'i'm gonna kill the motherfucker that looks at me weird' kinda guy.

I typically see long-lived PCs do this as a way to mix things up, and it can come off really arbitrary.

Or hell, be that guy. I don't give a flip!

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on January 06, 2017, 03:45:21 PM

Since we can no longer play in Tuluk to avoid arbitrarily murderous long-lived PCs, I give a flip.

Quote from: Akaramu on January 06, 2017, 03:55:40 PM
Quote from: Reiloth on January 06, 2017, 03:45:21 PM

Since we can no longer play in Tuluk to avoid arbitrarily murderous long-lived PCs, I give a flip.

Give two flips!

~Jack Vance~

I would be one of those guys that murder. But I am just bad at people and it translates in game to me being awkward and stuff.

It's their fault you're awkward. They're intentionally making you uncomfortable. 'Not all of them', you say? Oh yes, my friend.

All of them.

Murder is the answer.

I don't mind the "kill if you look at them weird" types so long as they ACT like that beforehand. In real life, those people have all sorts of warning behaviors written all over them so you can avoid interacting. It's when random guy who is being nice to you at the bar goes off and attacks because you asked where he's from that it feels strange.

I feel that your IC decisions should have IC consequences, but I dislike just random murder because the other player is bored. And I notice they're never bored enough to "randomly" attempt to murder someone they KNOW is more powerful then them.