What Are You Going to Do in 2017?

Started by Miradus, December 21, 2016, 01:28:52 PM

Tired of these backward-looking threads, so let's try a different direction.

What type of character or play have you NEVER had but want to try in 2017?

For me I'll throw out 3:

A gemmer
A long-lived 'rinthi thug of some sort who actually prospers and survives IN the 'rinth
A stump who actually fills their focus and gets a new one

I have a couple of ideas but... they're very specific (with IC sekrits right off the bat) and if I post them here, I won't be able to play anonymously in 2017.  :'(

In my 15+ years of Armageddon, I've never played a noble PC. I feel like I have the attitude and personality of an Allanaki noble IRL so I don't see why I couldn't pull it off. The next time I see an opening for one I may just apply for it!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on December 21, 2016, 01:35:44 PM
In my 15+ years of Armageddon, I've never played a noble PC. I feel like I have the attitude and personality of an Allanaki noble IRL so I don't see why I couldn't pull it off. The next time I see an opening for one I may just apply for it!

I'll be ur concubine, bb
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I should probably play an elf or rinthi sometime this year. Provided I'm not still playing my current PC.

I want to play a merchant/witch elf woman who survives on her magick and/or crafting. Honestly, I am not interested right now and have not been for some time. But an elf with a witch subguild sounds far more fun than a main guild witch elf ever did.

I want to play a Tuluki citizen living in Morin's, possibly with a witch subguild unmanifested. But probably with the outlaw or grebber subguild so I could live off the land, since I haven't tried a Morin's life yet and don't know what skills are useless for making money there. I still need to stop being so in love with the south before I can try that. I'm one of those players who don't mind going for long stretches without someone to talk to, and you only need one person to breathe life into a place like Morin's, I think.

I want to play a Stormer. Eat bread, drink spice ale, sift spice, forage artifact for pearl. Talk idly to people, don't ask too many questions, raise hood, weat s. Live entirely out of the village, going nowhere else. I like purist type of lives like this. The Morin's concept would be Morin's only as well.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

I didn't see the 'never.' But I would only need to remove the Stormer from that equation.

I would make a really good lives-in-the-niche-place pc. If we ever get a new village or farm you could actually live out of, with like a coded fire to cook over and food and water to buy, I'd probably live there for a good long while. As it stands you can't live out of Yaroch or New Menos without leaving, because of the lack of food and the lack of water respectively, which seems a little weird to me, but I think they are actually trying to keep people from living there, from thinning people out.

Someone with a different sexual orientation than I have in real life. I always play straight people. Even the dudes I play are straight.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on December 21, 2016, 02:48:10 PM
Someone with a different sexual orientation than I have in real life. I always play straight people. Even the dudes I play are straight.

I like mixing this up. I've played both genders and pretty much every combination of orientation. Funny enough, the most backlash I get is from women who only like men.

ArmageddonMUD: where any sexual orientation is okay UNLESS you're a straight woman.

Same thing I do every year, Pinky...
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Quote from: nessalin on December 21, 2016, 02:54:37 PM

Nessalin doesn't need to TRY to take over the world...

I might try an elf, I have a problem with the elven mindset and its difficult for me, which might be great. Either that, or a super-troll pickpocket.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: nessalin on December 21, 2016, 02:54:37 PM

>takeover world
What?

>takeover 1.world
What?

>takeover 2.world
What?

Quote from: Delirium on December 21, 2016, 02:51:34 PMFunny enough, the most backlash I get is from women who only like men.

ArmageddonMUD: where any sexual orientation is okay UNLESS you're a straight woman.

This is so weirdly true.

Asexual all day bb.

Also, I'm gonna try to continue to bio.  I've been doing a good job lately -- the trick is keeping it going.

It's making me very happy, and I want to keep it up.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

December 21, 2016, 03:32:04 PM #14 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 03:34:41 PM by Akaramu
The last time I played a male PC, awkwardness ensued IC and OOC.

The next time I play a dude I'll probably just let him have a VNPC relationship to avoid awkward mudsex. Or I'll hit on one of Moe's girl PCs again because that was akward in fun, purely IC ways.  ;D

To actually contribute... biographies. I always enjoy it when I'm actually writing those.

the boards ramp into sexual orientation/sex chatter pretty quickly nowadays. I sense a tumblr merge fast approaching

Q: What Are You Going to Do in 2017?
A: You.
Whatever happens, happens.

I probably should play in the AoD.

Aside from a stint in Salarr as a Corporal, Oash as a Magus, and about 5 days in the Byn, I've never really played in an Allanak clan (not counting Guild).

#rinth4life
#elvesarebetter

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I've only ever played in Dasari for a noble house role. I was just a grebber, for about a month.

I've been wanting to play a servant in a noble house for a long time. The House you pick is kind of important though, and I'm not sure which one I would want. Also I think they would be all like, damn, we have to keep looking for an aide. But they wouldn't know I have playtimes all over the board--- except peak, never peak. So it would all work out, right? Who the fuck needs to talk to the maid at three in the morning?

takeover world.Zalanthas
You must first remove it.

remove world.zalanathas
You feel sick, and the world around you spins.
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

I've never played a Sorcerer, Mindbender, Whiran, Krathi or Templar. I don't think I want to play any of them next year either.

I would like to play a Mul. I think that would be quite interesting - AoD or Byn perhaps.
I would like to play a successful explorer.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I'd pretty much like to keep my current character alive as long as possible. I'm still pretty new to the game and it's my first character, so I doubt I'll have a lot of karma even if I play perfectly, so I hope she doesn't die before I earn a teensy bit of karma to apply for merchant/warriorly subguild and I can move from outpost to outpost to peddle my goods and spend them all in luxury goods - spice and fine ale.

Boring concept? Yeah, possibly it's been done to death. But I personally want to find out about more spice and crafting.

Really deep exploration of the world with a whiran with travel domain would be my second goal. Then possibly a run-of-the-mill warrior who completely learns about the combat mechanics would be the third.

I will have a 10+ day wilderness character, daggumit!  >:(

I'd also like to try one of the crazier high karma roles that I've never tried, such as a mul or psion.

I'm not sure if I'll have to make another character in 2017, but if I do, I think I'd like to join the Byn. 

It has actually been over a decade since I played in the Byn.

I'm super in love with my current character!

But, like nauta, I should probably play in the AoD sometime. Even though my track record of soldier deaths is far less impressive than his/hers/theirs.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.