How Many PCs Have You Had?

Started by a french mans shirt, December 20, 2016, 07:48:57 AM

One of the reasons why the names cant be recognized is because a lot of people use nicknames and keywords and such.

And holy crap. 98 characters.

20 were stored, including one called "DiddleAlittle"

The rest died. At least 20 or so of these deaths were by Players. Of which I am proud.

The rest were NPCs, falls, starvation, etc. I learned the game the 'hard' (stupid) way.

But I do not play safely :). Once tried to pickpocket a Red Robe while being dragged by my long ear through the templarate quarter, while being totally plastered (/end brag)

My first character was in 2001.  I didn't play again for a year and then when I did I had about three years of insignificant nobodies. 
I was without a computer from 2005-2009, so there was no Armventuring then.  I returned in 2009 for another year of fairly insignificant nobodies. 

Of my first 34 characters:
17 died with less than five hours played
15 died with 5-23 hours played
1 made it 1 day, 8 hours
1 made it two whole days

Then in 2010, with my 35th character, I had my weirdo half-elf with 49d8hr on him over the two and a half years I played him.

Since 2010 I've had eight PCs total, but the one who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and got gortoked at 13 hours doesn't really count.
Of my last eight characters (2010-present) six of them have had 24+ days played.  I'm not really sure what clicked in 2010, but something did.

I've had 42 characters in total.
25 half-elves
10 elves
4 humans
3 dwarves
2 clanned (one in Kurac and one in the Byn)

I've never stored a character but I have had many an uneventful death.  A handful of memorable ones, but mostly uneventful deaths. 
Like Dar, I stubbornly learned the game the 'hard' way!

I've learned why longevity is something to really, at least a few times, strive for.

Longer lived chars have an effect on the more rapidly dying chars around them, and their actions can shift the immediate pc culture in ways 30+ chars can't, because there's almost a seniority that comes in any clan for simply having been there, and alive. Outside of clans, less mainstream plots and mini-rpts gain more momentum when those popular chars are involved, just because of sheer inertia, and moreso, new chars being influenced by the ooc knowledge of who's alive and active.

Just having 90% of the playerbase aware your char exists is an achievement that drives a lot of conflict and brings a lot of roleplay opportunity. If you're a raider who's killed a newbie, but you did it well, that newbie won't be as afraid to be raider by the same char, and might relish a new opportunity to react differently than they did before.

Then again, those of us who died to everything and everyone often learn a whole lot while we're doing it. Highborn and Sorcerers beware, there is always 'the wild card'.
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

Several hundreds I'm sure, since 1996, what started in a small highschool computer lab, led by a dutch 'blue-eyed' teacher who shall remain nameless. hahaha I don't think any of our characters lasted much more than a day even if we were good at it back then.  Most of us died during the ongoing crashes that would leave our characters in game mid-combat and when it came back up hours later.. ohhhh yer dead? weird?  Better start all over again!    :o

I have had a few long lived chars as well, my longest was almost 3 RL years that I played daily.  I was an assassin, and I never killed anyone, but it was a great skill set for the character I portrayed.   Not all your characters have to use their coded skills to "win"

I've never been a Noble, Templar, Sorc, Psi, Nizaz, or Mul... so don't blame their assery on me :P  All those other times.. it was probably me, and I don't feel bad about it in the slightest.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

December 21, 2016, 07:11:54 AM #54 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:19:08 AM by a french mans shirt
I've had one drovian, two krathis, a buttload of merchants, vivs and ruks. I've played every mundane guild in the Byn, and have an idea of where their strengths in fighting fall at chargen. I keep going back to Kadius like a scorned lover. For the Byn I prefer burglars. They suck, but aren't the invalids that merchants are, and they can listen to your conversations and all that mess. I like my mercenaries to not kick butt that well but be able to hold a sword.

I've had one rogue, a c-elf vivaduan back in the days of main guild witches. I'm pretty sure word about her got around, but she lived in Storm so it really didn't matter. I was introduced to scorpion skellebain on that character. She was not an intelligent person. I hate rogues.

My numbers are not really indicative of the time I've spent playing. I'm like a 2008 or 2009 baby. Even before the magick subguilds came out I have always had a problem with storing characters whenever I wanted a different concept. I think the one that lasted the longest was a Kadian jeweler called Siko, an unmanifested ruk in Tuluk who visited Allanak a couple of times. I think the others sort of expected her to manifest. Nope. She lived for two RL months and then quit. She was a sociopath for whom a normal life was the highest thing a person could hope to have. Also mild-mannered. People got attached to her.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

December 21, 2016, 07:16:51 AM #55 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:19:03 AM by Akaramu
Quote from: SuchDragonWow on December 20, 2016, 11:16:37 PM
This thread makes me realize how many people must play this game, or am I unknowingly playing with the same people?  I dunno, but I don't know a lot of these characters.

I think lots of people use nicknames ingame. I know I do!

Edit: nevermind, Dar already said it. I didn't read to the end.  :-[

On my current account I have these: I'll add the nicknames, many of them were totally unmemorable.

1) Landra - Stored
  2) Tola - Dead - killed by people she was protecting, but I guess they never knew that, heh.
  3) Falmie - Dead
  4) Ditara - Dead
  5) Skarp - Dead
  6) Nikia - Dead
  7) Ellaray - Stored
  8) Kata - Stored
  9) Maneya - Stored (aka Chirp)
  10) Irminia (Kadius) - Stored (aka Minnie)
  11) Marthesala - Dead (aka Marta)
  12) Ziljoja - Dead (Joja)
  13) Hanley - Dead
  14) Metheyna - Stored
  15) Mistra - Dead
  16) Katresta - Dead (aka Claw, or Quirri's Claw)
  17) Litsana - Dead (aka Galmet - because for a gal, she resembled a bahamet)
  18) Pegarsha - Stored (because I misspelled her name, existed all of 90 seconds)
  19) Pargasha - Stored
  20) Carine - Dead
  21) Rhini - Dead
  22) Viggy - Stored
  23) Imelia - Stored
  24) Reggie - Dead - epic existence, death by spider nest, doh.
  25) Euphrasia - Stored (Frasie I think was her NN)
  26) Batira - Dead
  27) Nekrete - Dead
  28) Wokleva - Dead (Wok)
  29) Sathamei - Stored (Mei)
  30) Pappintia - Dead (Puppy Fale)
  31) Tyna - Dead
  32) Too new
  33) Too new
  34) Current

Mostly rangers, rukkians, merchants, and a few tries at whirans. One actually made it to near-mastery of the element. I don't think any of the others ever actually branched fly before they were PKed. All mages were pre-elemental nerf.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

December 21, 2016, 08:51:48 AM #57 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 12:09:23 PM by Feco
Yo, everyone is posting their list... I wanna do that too!

1) Feco - Scrab
  2) Akale - Gith (Based on Mr Eko from Lost)
  3) Nemilrer - Rinth (Looked like golum)
  4) Esstas - PK
  5) Swarthy - Poison
  6) Kaves - Rinth (Mastercrafted a metal item)
  7) Arlkadi - Stored (Red Fang -- took a break and couldn't get back into it)
  8) Persapheen - Mul
  9) Thiel - Fell
  10) Ser - Stored (for special app)
  11) Enali - Fell, then githed (fully branched Rukkian -- what a way to go)
  12) Tirden - Creepy-ass silt-sea NPC
  13) Echas - Kryl
  14) Nem - Stored (for special app)
  15) Athelmil - Plant
  16) Thal - Stored (for Templar role)
  17) Kalakiin - Stored (burned out.  Super creepy and obsessed with wierd shit.  Regret storing.)
  18) Ramit - Spider
  19) Amos - Backstabbed by rinth NPC [#3 Favorite PC]
  20) Rakh - (Redacted)
  21) Karlade - Stored (for special app)
  22) Vorsing - Nilazi Executed by Koranth Tor [#1 Favorite PC]
  23) Detum - (Redacted)
  24) Brundle - Stored (took a break and couldn't get back into it)
  25) Tantamar - Stored (stored for sponsored spy role)
  26) Rill - Stored (sponsored spy role)
  27) Enthir - Beetled (Krathi in the Hasan group -- managed to escape slaughter just to get slaughtered all alone, later)
  28) Khalid - Snek'd (psion, only made it 5 hours played)
  29) (Redacted)
  30) (Redacted)
  31) (Redacted) [#2 Favorite PC]
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

December 21, 2016, 10:27:58 AM #58 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:45:52 AM by nauta
Nov 27, 2013:

So, not counting current one: 22, 1 of which was storage.  2 magickers, only one of which lasted more than a day.  I've always found either 20 days played or 60 days played to be the sweet spot.

1) Nauta - Dead (rinth NPCs)
  2) Lume - Dead  (own beetle)
  3) Sira - Dead    (0d, 3hrs, volunteered to fight a Corporal in the Arena for 1000sid)
  4) Aris - Dead    (aka Noise/Voice, rinth pimp, murdered by lover's lover)
  5) Bath - Dead   (rinth NPCs)
  6) Lille - Dead    (erdlu!)
  7) Lira - Dead    (aka The Kid, rinth NPCs)
  8) Isali - Dead    (gortok!)
  9) Sifa - Dead    (aka Sunrise/Sunset, murdered by AoD)
  10) Hali - Dead  (rinth NPCs, 0d, 2hrs, first special app, first time discovered backstab delay)
  11) Alia - Dead (aka Hardly Once, murdered by bounty hunter)
  12) Isabet - Dead (Sun Runner, aka Silly One With the Legs, murdered by AoD)
  13) Laziflax - Dead (aka the Baker/Lame, murdered by AoD)
  14) Kiris - Dead (murdered by AoD)
  15) Aleelee - Dead (magicker, lasted about a day, angk)
  16) Efilyr - Dead (Akei'ta'var - kryl)
  17) Liloleth - Dead (magicker, cactus)
  18) * - Stored (never played, mistakenly made 2 #19's)
  19) * - Dead
  20) * - Dead
  21) * - Stored
  22) * - Dead
  23) * - Dead
  24) * - Alive <-- this is when I learned how combat works

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I love unmanifested people in Tuluk. Outside of Tuluk... well, its one of the few problems in the game. I miss Tuluk, if only for this.

nauta seems to be having a problem with authoritah.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Ascipen - Twitchy, Slack-Jawed death machine.
Ardere - This was the day I learned half giant soldiers hurt.
Belall - Super excited to play my first hunter, got yomp'd.
Claess - Super excited to live through my first hunter, got kryl'd.
Shoir - 'the Krylslayer'. Sun Legions corporal who liked to tell stories.
Zeif - Breed who breeded all over an elf and got murdered for it.
Fayre - Breed who magicked all over an elf and got sent to Allanak for it.
Sayal - Elf. Such low strength she couldn't even EP a dagger. Carru'd.
Sif - Aka. 'Gimpka'. Rinthi working for some Lirathan. Murdered for it.
Ithe   - Sparring accidents suck.
Ryald - Uh. Raptor at the two hour mark?
Sicorra - Super excited to play a hunter that lived past a day. Murded by best friend.
Theyd - Dead.
Eiri - Stored.
Rahnt - 2012 Gladiator role.
Calaliel - Akai Sjir sponsored leader. Kryl sponsored him to death a couple weeks in.
Cerill   - Stored? I can't remember this one.
Laghu - Shaman Laghu, stored for Calaliel, unstored, couldn't get back into the role. Stored.
Ishra - Red Storm guards, man.
Asfaladar - Stored for sponsored role.
Cerina - Dasari, stored because I couldn't do more plants right after Laghu.
Lourens - Murdered by dwarf.
Rea - Arabet, Stored.
Belek - Murdered by elf right before Allanaki invasion on Tuluk.
Nysir - Stored for Sefaj.
Sefaj - 'Blackbolt' of the Byn. Died to RPT.
Sillowin - Stored for Yasir.
Yasir   - RIP Tuluk.
Cassius - Oash bastard. Stored for Prihn.
Prihn - AoD sergeant. Stored.
XXX - Beetled
XXX - Stored
XXX - Alive

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I remember Gimpka and Sefaj. Gimpka was cray-cray.

Quote from: a french mans shirt on December 21, 2016, 11:31:55 AM
I love unmanifested people in Tuluk. Outside of Tuluk... well, its one of the few problems in the game. I miss Tuluk, if only for this.

What I mean by this is that people will see you as a witch they can befriend, but they will need to do it quickly since you're obviously going to manifest right away or 2-3 days after chargen, right? Yeah, this leads to all sorts of behaviors which I don't see as worth playing the character, although I will still try occasionally to see if I can do it better. Its especially bad for me, since I almost always want to be unclanned.

I think I played a Kadian on my fourth, fifth or sixth character... I didn't understand what logging meant. We were in charge of cleaning the Kadian compound in Tuluk because it was right after the Flood. The rooms were described as being dirty and waterlogged. I still remember that.

nauta has an impressive dead/storage ratio also!

YAY FOR DEATH!!!!

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Movers and shakers are so awesome. I'm envious of you sometimes, although you also need people like me who aren't going to be exceptions to the rule.

I've played a single human-looking breed. One. She didn't know it, either. Her parents had the tips of her ears cut off as a child. She was a raging racist. She died east of the Known; her last thought while being killed was "Mom!" She had been looking for her mom, who had turned to the evils of sorcery and left the Known to the east. Her body was probably very delicious to the creatures that killed it.

Quote from: a french mans shirt on December 21, 2016, 02:12:51 PM
Her body was probably very delicious to the creatures that killed it.

Totally was.
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

December 22, 2016, 12:19:20 PM #66 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:46:40 PM by Malifaxis
Ugh... this does not include any of the characters I played in 93 to 9whatever... Rimstalker, Nox the halfling, Syra the mul, all them.  Ahhh, good times chasing sorcerors who could turn themselves to green balls of flying energy and insta-scape any situation.  Aaaaanyway.

1) Traekir - Dead  - Personal bodyguard of Pearl Terash, dead by assassin
  2) Keelortsch - Dead - dwarf raised by halflings, eaten by beetle at Nak gates
  3) Grel - Dead  - Spy and horribly bad assassin, dead by d-elf elkran
  4) Quirrin - Dead  - Tribeless desert elf I think?  Back when you could be one
  5) Rounsdower - Dead  - Throwaway tuluki logger Roderick Rounsdower
  6) Celine - Stored - Lord Celine Borsail... I had no idea how to noble.
  7) Ahrairah - Dead - Fast paced, hard lived d-elf.  Can't remember the tribe.
  8) Jovar - Dead  - I have no idea who this is.
  9) Rhox - Dead  - Who?!  Sounds like a dwarf.
  10) Serenity - Dead  - Hard core pipe hitting warrior woman from Tor Academy
  11) Xaositect - Dead - d-elf krathi I think, died to a vampire maybe?
  12) Klayrgrott - Dead  - silver-skinned assassin for Winrothol, tried to kill Shaleah's silver skinned Salarri and got exiled from Tuluk
  13) Rokk - Dead  - Uh... no clue.  None. 
  14) Kraeg - Dead  - Priest the Kuraci HG that helped with Ten'Sarak
  15) Case - Dead  - Backstreets dealer for Allanak... died super quick.
  16) Kreeshan - Dead  -  No idea.
  17) Haaku - Dead - Tuluki hidden vivaduan who helped out the Sun Legions
  18) Rayge - Stored  - Allanaki krathi - stored to play Corwin Borsail
  19) Corwin - Dead - Corwin Borsail, bastard, SGT of Amber Wyverns
  20) Moskava - Dead  - d-elf super dead super quick
  21) Hirokozu - Stored - d-elf who helped in the liberation of Luir's and made the tapestry still hanging in Kurac's upstairs Tribal Room
  22) Maatok - Dead - Dead halfling
  23) Nuubi - Dead - Super, super long lived halfling rukkian/thug, the terror of the grey.  Believed that north road was a living thing and just referred to it as Road in the totemic sense.  Used to commune with it.
  24) Aranaska - Dead  - d-elf, I believe
  25) Naren - Dead  - No idea.
  26) Malinko - Dead  - c-elf warrior of the Haruch Kemad
  27) Lakast - Dead  - another c-elf I think from Sandas
  28) Brotha - Stored - A dwarf.  I think.  I fucking hate dwarves.
  29) Gundor - Stored  - vivaduan who was kidnapped by Plainsman to help put that fucking castle together.  Stored because being the Plainsman's pet vivaduan was the most boring thing I've ever done in this game.
  30) Htom - Dead - No clue.
  31) Vannik - Stored  - Kuraci guy... Vannik-da I think.  Or maybe it was Veric.  One of these guys was a Kuraci.
  32) Gronk - Dead  - Sounds like a dwarf.  Maybe half giant.  No idea.  Fuck'm.
  33) Veric - Dead - Probably a Kuraci guy.  Dunno.
  34) Torankha - Dead  - Many Faces Sejah.  Sun Runner merchant of long play... ended up getting 3 or 4 sdesc changes I think.  Died pretty old to a carru while carrying like 3 casks of liquor for Shatuka's birthday party... since he had convinced Shatuka that he was her father.
  35) Viiizt - Dead - d-elf nilazi, a real asshole
  36) Raukah - Dead  - human elkran, Raukah the Shockah
  37) Aroogla - Dead  - another throw away
  38) Vejathi - Dead - another dead d-elf
  39) Xhaffod - Stored - Byn Sarge... stored to playyyyyy...
  40) Vlorvaldorax - Dead - Lord Templar Vlorvaldorax Borsail... probably the shortest lived templar ever.  Had a bronze axe, buried it in the wrong half-giants thigh and promtply got murdered because I'm one of those idiots who, when they flee, stops to emote how they're fleeing after they get 2 or 3 rooms away.  The half giant caught up.
  41) Raida - Dead - a mul raider.  GET IT!?  Ha.  I'm so clever.
  42) Ryga - Dead  - Who?
  43) Hazzurd - Dead  - another mul raider
  44) Yaraaj - Dead - a mul nilazi/thug that got smoked by Borsail after he tried to nilazi-devour someone during sparring.  Yeah it was fucky.
  45) Krik - Dead  - huh.  Weird name.  No clue.
  46) Grattik - Dead - More no clue.
  47) Ripper - Dead  - Sounds raidery
  48) Rambleth - Stored - Joke character.  "the tall and muscular man" walked into the Gaj, sat on the ground, got some 'newbie treatment' from a few vets, mentioned he could smuggle, guild guy snapped him up for spice running and the guild guy literally emoted shitting his pants when Pocket whipped out some nilazi magick on him after being asked how he smuggled stuff.
  49) Senaj - Stored - Lord Senaj Zarquod Ozzixilloxis Fale, writer of The Bloodmetal Chronicles.  Hero of the Copper Wars.
  50) Khemmah - Dead  - Soh Lanah Kah.  My only Soh, I think.
  51) Tzuraal - Dead
  52) Kiph - Dead
  53) Uhrgroth - Dead
  54) Azhagthath - Dead
  55) Glehnbec - Dead
  56) Petukum - Dead
  57) Shrike - Dead
  58) Kort - Dead
  59) Kumiss - Dead
  60) Rhagnath - Stored
  61) Krak - Dead
  62) Samych - Dead
  63) Sinjinn - Stored  - Akai Sjir Dealer, unofficial assistant of Faithful Qoriya, funder of mage deaths galore (I think he racked up over 35 'bought' gems), helped maneuver all the events around the death of the Red Fangs to make sure that the RF were totally and horrifically dead since they pissed him off once over shooting his girlfriend.  Made the opal hammer, made the arches in the cemetary, tons of statues.  Fun dude with a hobby of manipulating events around Raleris in order to keep the old Winrothol's life interesting.
  64) Iglamek - Stored
  65) Serkaradine - Stored
  66) Vroxeth - Dead
  67) Hunger - Dead
  68) Szhakaijah - Dead
  69) Vyozzir - Dead  - Private/Corporal/Whatever Wraeth of the Sun Legions.  Gods this was a fun character... just an absolute blast.  Wish he would have lasted longer!
  70) Elithan - Stored
  71) Konstantin - Dead  - Sergeant Savvy, an atypical Sergeant who died in the typical and meme-worthy fashion.
  72) Vaedt - Dead
  73) Prikk - Dead
  74) Shoqay - Dead
  75) Thrunk - Dead
  76) -PENDING REDACTION.... kind of borderline date-wise
  77) REDACTED
  78) REDACTED
  79) REDACTED
  80) REDACTED
  81) REDACTED (Gawds I wish I could talk about this guy)
  82) REDACTED
  83) REDACTED
  84) REDACTED
  85) REDACTED
  86) REDACTED
  87) REDACTED
  88) REDACTED
  89) REDACTED
  90) REDACTED

A lot of my characters are pretty short lived, because I try to make sure they all have sometimes quite literal fatal flaws.  But still, wow... over one a month for 2016?  Vicious.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I wish you had the log from Rambleth.  :'(
Whatever happens, happens.

December 22, 2016, 01:11:17 PM #68 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 01:16:09 PM by Reiloth
Account created in Late 2001, Early 2002 (January I think). Though I think I was playing the game before I knew about the GDB, I forget.

Characters registered to you:
  1) Elegond - Dead - Died to a Beetle outside Red Storm
  2) Elegonde - Dead - Died to a Beetle outside Red Storm
  3) Reilor - Dead - Died to a Beetle outside Red Storm
  4) Malthalur - Dead - Died to a Beetle outside Red Storm (I'm a quick learner, right?)
  5) Celador - Dead - Died to a Beetle outside Red Storm (God Damnit)
  6) Aelithor - Dead - First long lived PC in Tuluk, worked for the 'long armed dwarf', Durg, in Durg's shop, in Freil's Rest. Died to Lt. Sabin of Winrothol, after Aelithor spit on his namby pamby Winrotholi Noble Boss, played by Spawnloser, who's name I forget. Began with an M I think.
  7) Durrit - Dead - Forget who this guy was. I think he was in Kurac, and got backstabbed by some newbie in the training fort after he went AFK.
  8) Zerick - Dead - Spy for House Tenneshi, was present at the Mantis Invasion of Luir's. Saved by Priest, Malifaxis' Giant, at 1HP. Eventually killed in House by a Tenneshi Noble for perceived, non-existent betrayal.
  9) Xavier - Dead - Kuraci Dwarf. Was sort of an unofficial Outrider, a Regular, that was tasked with living in the Tablelands with another Outrider/Regular for months on end. They discovered something that is still probably too IC to discuss, but safe to say, it was a monster inside of a mountain. Xavier died saving his companions, subduing them and throwing them to safety.
  10) Moth - Dead - Tuluki, worked for Winrothol IIRC. He had multiple personalities, and sort of went crazy in the end, and was killed in house for being a liability.
  11) Olath - Dead - Tuluki Legionnaire, died in Undertuluk to a gang of cannibal dwarf NPCs.
  12) Saheed - Dead - I think this was a Rukkian, died in under a few hours in the desert.
  13) Sedgwick - Dead - Leader of the 'Third Eyes' in the Labyrinth, a gang rivaling the Guild. Died to Crime Code.
  14) Funnybones - Dead - Took over the 'Third Eyes' (Yay RP). Died to a Guilder.
  15) Iscariot - Stored - Physician, worked in Tuluk.
  16) Dothan - Dead - Legion Zealot, worked for a Templar that eventually executed him after suspecting he was a spy. He survived a 'mission to Allanak', that the Templar apparently wasn't expecting him to come back from.
  17) Yael - Stored - Rukkian, I guess it didn't click.
  18) Eye - Dead, Magicker in Undertuluk.
  19) Daggin - Dead, I forget.
  20) Earlor - Dead, I forget.
  21) Preen - Dead, I forget.
  22) Yrisi - Dead, I forget.
  23) Jochebed - Dead - Long lived Tuluki Bard, served Cammul Tenneshi, performed in "Man and Dog". Participated in the Copper Wars, was the only bard on the front. Was a great PC. Got killed outside Tuluk's Gate (1 room south) by Delerak's half-breed PC raider. Bad time to AFK!
  24) Nanyevet - Dead - AKA Shirt, Haruch Kemad, ran the Eastside for a bit. Was murdered by Quick after not making good on promises from the beyond...Lots of great stuff happened with this PC, opened up my eyes to a whole different side of Zalanthas.
  25) Ysinna - Dead, don't remember.
  26) Garrick - Dead, don't remember.
  27) Jurriq - Stored, Bynner, stored for a special role.
  28) Redacted - Too IC.
  29) Redacted - Too IC.
  30) Khetna - Dead, don't remember.
  31) Worm - Stored, don't remember.
  32) Amos - Stored, the "Famous Amos", tried to start a troupe in Tuluk, was a boring time up there, no one was interested.
  33) Kilam - Dead, AKA "Githclit", right-hand woman for Midge Salarr. Assassin. Killed a few people.
  34) Aseecarit - Dead, Half-Giant something or other.
  35) Saro - Dead, another Half-Giant something or other.
  36) Enasei - Dead, don't remember.
  37) Bantos - Dead, Oashi Gemmed. Died to Cleaning Fluid! Glug glug glug.
  38) Ranak - Stored - Legionnaire Sergeant who won the Grey Hunt. Turned Hlum Noble, turned Lyksaen Noble before storage.
  39) Aziz - Stored, inbetween PC when Ranak got boring. Oashi Aide. He was more boring than Ranak.
  40) Iskail - Dead, don't remember.
  41) Damerae - Stored, don't remember.
  42) Rumps - Dead, don't remember.
  43) Karkze - Dead, don't remember.
  44) Devri - Dead, don't remember.
  45) Davil - Stored, Private Investigator in Tuluk. Quite a fun PC, but stored for a special app.
  46) Renavi - Dead, a little teenager who happened to be a mindbender. Quite a fun role, while it lasted.
  47) Rhaelin - Dead, don't remember.
  48) Visith - Stored, don't remember.
  49) Eliam - Stored - Kuraci Family Agent, had a great time playing with Fathi and others at this time. Schemer to the end. Had Siltlung, presumably died off screen to it.
  50) Gritegg - Dead, don't remember.
  51) Shallows - Dead, don't remember.
  52) Gazel - Dead, the 'Hawwww' guy. Kadian Hunter turned Legionnaire Soldier very briefly before being killed by Lusts For Blood in the desert.
  53) Yyvel - Dead, don't remember.
  54) Jubaal - Stored, don't remember.
  55) Lantry - Dead - Byn Sergeant. Lantry Stetson. Had visions of his dead friend Clay. Survived a few Sewer Missions. Died to a Gith Arrow to the eye.
  56) Ravan - Stored - Ravan Ishil'Ravan, Amber Wyvern. Tried to recruit people for months, ended up being the butt of political jokes at every turn, just wasn't a fun PC to play.
  57) Savold - Dead, Tuluki Spy. Worked for both Tenneshi and Winrothol, spying on both, getting paid by both. Ended up working for Kurac, known as 'Haffi' to them. Was hired by the Templarate to spy on Kurac, but ended up getting addicted to spice, which turned him into a spy for Kurac against Tuluk. Died to a spice overdose in the Tuluki compound of Kurac.
  58) Herzel - Dead, don't remember.
  59) Toumani - Stored, Bynner. Was fun.
  60) Hederai - Stored, ex-Negean Faithful Lord, around for the 'end days' of Tuluk and the New Order of the Templarate. Was a bunch of fun. Super sad he and Tuluk was stored.
  61) Saivek - Stored, Sun Runner Bahak. Fun, got pretty ISO after a while, stored.
  62) Jani - Stored, Mul, stored for some reason.
  63) Redacted
  64) Redacted
  65) Redacted
  66) Redacted
  67) Redacted
  68) Redacted
  69) Redacted
  70) Redacted
  71) Redacted
  72) Redacted
  73) Redacted
  74) Redacted
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on December 22, 2016, 01:11:17 PM
56) Ravan - Stored - Ravan Ishil'Ravan, Amber Wyvern. Tried to recruit people for months, ended up being the butt of political jokes at every turn, just wasn't a fun PC to play.

If it makes you feel better, if Gavin WASN'T a dirty dirty Tuluki, he probably would've joined. He just had too much lust for returning "home".
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote6) Aelithor - Dead - First long lived PC in Tuluk, worked for the 'long armed dwarf', Durg, in Durg's shop, in Freil's Rest. Died to Lt. Sabin of Winrothol, after Aelithor spit on his namby pamby Winrotholi Noble Boss, played by Spawnloser, who's name I forget. Began with an M I think.

That would be Marillo Winrothol.  I...... may have helped kill you a little bit as Klaygrott.  Good times!
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Two months shy of my second anniversary:

1. Nyx - stored
2. Ceria - stored
3. Ailynn - PKed
4. Sasia- stored after just a week or two. I hated this PC.
5. Redacted - stored
6. Redacted - PKed
7. Redacted - alive

Oddly, my two PKed PCs were the two I had intended to keep the longest.

12. Zpider/Moss (dead) Breed/wannabe elf. Rinth rat (VIv) Displeased AoD. The death I regret the most, there was a lot of stories to be lived, but I guess the odds were that they would all end in the jail.
11. Bud (dead) Byn. Provoked a spider
10. Lili (dead) Dung bagger-Kuraci. Provoked a kryl.
9. Esmer (dead) ATV. Provoked a stump.
8. Kuri (stored) Brief existence while I waited for my d-elf
7. Bug/Stink/Toks (dead) Rinth rat. Provoked a pycho half giant
6. Seda (dead) Byn/Stormer. Ate a plant
5. Stik (dead) Recluse-Kuraci. Arena'd. Provoked the Highlord.

4. Gul (dead) Byn. Provoked a carru.
3. Moleyn (dead). Jul Taven.  Tembo'd
2. Haw (dead). Orchard grebber. Bumped into d-elf NPC's/
1 .Ctchori (dead). Blue eyed, half elf.  Noob. Quit room means Quit Room!

Started this time of year, in 2006, I think. Two year gap between young Gul, and old Gul. Both a liability.

December 23, 2016, 02:58:41 AM #73 Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 03:18:33 AM by deathkamon
Alright, so since we're doing lists here, I thought that I'd put down mine too. Just a few things to reference on, most of my characters I've ever played were rangers. Also, I died a ton of times because Armageddon was my first MUD I played in my life. The bolded characters are my memorable ones, just for reference.

EDIT: I started off with my first character in 2014 so... That meant a LOT of the later characters had to be censored out.

1) Wolvine - Dead (Tried to argue about slaving in the middle of the Gaj. Dragged away by a PC soldier, then was beaten to death by a HG soldier after trying to fight back. Lame on my part.)
  2) Farrowlock - Dead (Did an idiot move back in the Tuluki days by trying to fight a slave crew.)
  3) Foctrus - Dead (Also known as Fucktris by the Byn. Abandoned at a caravan in the Salt Flats after a desperate OOC matter I had to get to, then was raptor'd.)
  4) Pelavius - Dead (Tok'd)
  5) Orilion - Dead (Bleed-out. I think it was from a beast fight.)
  6) Reveli - Dead (Rantarri'd)
  7) Harvashi - Dead (Gith'd)
  8) Tingeri - Dead (Kilori'd)
  9) Bilundur - Dead (Forget on how they died)
  10) Quinafell - Stored
  11) Kentroselope - Dead (Byn contract?)
  12) Alavo - Dead (See above, not too sure about this one's death)
  13) Ranava - Dead (Aka Hairdo. He was a member of the Byn, and was there during the moment with Lucky. He was kicked out after serving as a runner for two IC years w/o promotion, then he was killed by a snake out in the desert. I just loved him to death.)
  14) Nero - Dead (Beast?)
  15) Baine - Dead (Bahamet chow)
  16) Nurn - Stored
  17) Leverex - Dead (Aka Garent. Ended up to be yompar'd in Tuluk. Had a plethora of underground plots going on.)
  18) Terrax - Stored
  19) Frent - Stored
  20) Jinjaro - Dead (Tok'd)
  21) Kamon - Dead (My first d-elf, who was part of the SLK. Gith'd)
  22) Lan - Dead (HOLY SHIT, is there a lot to say about this Tuluki legend. However, most of his work he did is, by my knowledge, too confidential to speak about. PK'd)
  23) Vaxan - Dead (Raider. Found a bunch of dead Tuluki soldiers out by the plains gate and took their armor. Thought he could get away with all of it, but didn't.)
  24) Octren - Dead (Raptor'd)
  25) Yagras - Stored
  26) Tayn - Dead (Carru'd at empty move points)
  27-30) Enak, Krant, Axev and Gravass - Dead (Deaths unknown)
  31-33) Nox, Aethul and Yalm - Stored
  34) Argunbash - Dead (First HG. He was part of the Byn for a good while, and he named his maul Buddy. He also had a bromance with another HG which won't be named, due to existential issues.)
  35-60) Short lived/too recent to post about.

Quote from: Malifaxis on December 22, 2016, 12:19:20 PM
63) Sinjinn - Stored  - Akai Sjir Dealer, unofficial assistant of Faithful Qoriya, funder of mage deaths galore (I think he racked up over 35 'bought' gems), helped maneuver all the events around the death of the Red Fangs to make sure that the RF were totally and horrifically dead since they pissed him off once over shooting his girlfriend.  Made the opal hammer, made the arches in the cemetary, tons of statues.  Fun dude with a hobby of manipulating events around Raleris in order to keep the old Winrothol's life interesting.

People never seemed to understand why the Lirathans and Qoriya in particular had such a fond eye for Sinjinn and the Bejeweled Hand elves. What you wrote sums it up nicely. Very good times back then.