How Many PCs Have You Had?

Started by a french mans shirt, December 20, 2016, 07:48:57 AM

Quote10) Sandin - Dead (dwarf assassin, wanted to "take the head of a bahamet solo", 2 hours in and died)

Oh man, 2 hours?!  HE WAS SO CLOSE! ;-)

I hope I'm not the only one who is absolutely loving reading these.  There are so many characters but I am finally putting players too after so long.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I remember Gavin. He was funz. Fiesty little foxy.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Malifaxis on December 28, 2016, 03:22:34 PM
I hope I'm not the only one who is absolutely loving reading these.  There are so many characters but I am finally putting players too after so long.

Right there with you. Sadly my memory for most of the PCs that played with mine is HORRIBLE, so.... I maybe know them, maybe not?
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

1. Aoshi - Oashi Captain in the Elites - died to a scrab after forgetting to redraw my sword

2. Kazyn - Long lived Byn Sarge - AoD Captain - infiltrated the rebellion and escaped back to Nak just before Kul showed up.  Died in the battle of Luir's to a unit of half-giant NPCs

3.  Nev - Rinth elf assassin - died after only a couple hours in the rinth

4.  Lith - Another Rinth elf assassin - was part of a crew that ran the screaming mantis, got in a turf war with the Guild.  His own crew killed him to settle the blood feud with the Guild.

5.  Rakhan - Southern Templar - part of some crazy plots and died to [redacted]

6.  Sano - Half-elven ranger - stored

7.  Elithan - First post-liberation Jihaen PC - Stored twice, once in 2004, unstored in 2006, and stored again in 2009.

8.  Farraj - Byn sarge - Died to the brand new (at the time) Carru code.

9.  Sahaym - Whiran - Worked for the Guild.  Drowned in the silt sea.

10.  Khuz - Benjari Ranger - dDed to wezers.

11.  Luhk - Mul Ranger - Died to a botched raiding attempt.

12.  Ilias - Oashi Whiran - PK'd

12.5  Elithan unstored

13.  Qasim - Another Oashi Whiran - PK'd

14.  Jaleth - Mul Warrior - Died to a beetle after forgetting to redraw my sword (You'd think I would have learned by now)

15.  Thul - Ranger - Stored

16.  Chakal - Jihaen Templar - Stored

17.  Sakhalid - Sorcerer - Died to a beetle

18.  Akram - Warrior - Died to tarantulas

19.  Hasan - Sorcerer - Did so much crazy stuff I probably can't talk about here.  His death is noted on the history page.

20.  Current PC.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Since everyone else is doing it, I guess.  Infamous/long-lived/interesting PCs bolded.  These are just the ones since the bio system went in.

58) Wak – Dead  It's relatively easy to get involved in a lot of shenanigans as a half-giant, but this PC was all over the place.  Died to a Whiran doing things that Whirans can't do anymore.
  59) Koveld - Dead
  60) Keljak - Dead
  61) Xalo - Dead  Not really notable, but he was an ATV merchant, and I managed to compile something like 1,200 crafting recipes with him, thanks to the hunters always bringing in max greb.
  62) Kelildi - Dead
  63) Oran - Dead
  64) Scrub - Stored
  65) Kirildi - Dead
  66) Zavaz - Dead
  67) Zaz - Stored
  68) Jlath - Dead Most would've known him by Rash.  Sandas pickpocket/custom subguild Whiran, and rolled AI agility and exceptional wisdom.  Too much fun, really.  Died doing something stupid because I didn't know all the ins and outs of what <redacted> could do.
  69) Khlast - Dead
  70) Moxa - Dead
  71) Lorillax - Dead
  72) Rumble - Dead Rukkian half-giant.  Got dragged into ROFLstomping that one tribal village with Salarr, which was both hilarious and cringe-inducing.  Suicided into the Silt Sea because I got sick of waiting outside the gates for active spells to drop.
  73) Umi - Dead
  74) Malik - Dead
  75) Giuseppe - Dead  Branched every warrior skill except tridents.  Died along with his rugged doppleganger at the gates of 'nak, I believe.  You can't parry fireballs.
  76) Mitok - Dead  This guy wasn't particularly noteworthy, but he was hilarious.  Elkrosian who hated being a magicker, and hated all the other frilly/frippy card-playing, wine-drinking gemmers in Oash.  Supplemented his Oash gig by going north regularly and zorching Tuluki hunters.  Got mekked on a return trip. *sigh*
  77) Ranwirth - Dead
  78) Shavlok - Dead
  79) Prystik - Stored  Non-'rinthi city-elf merchant nobody who rose to become the highest PC-attainable rank in the Jaxa Pah.  He actually really wanted to be part of the Byn, but got kicked out after like a month, and spent the rest of his life trying to ruin the lives of everyone involved.  Stored him because I'm more of a "doing things" than "coordinating things" kind of player, and I basically got tired of all the admin b.s.
  80) Valix - Dead
  81) Broga - Dead  OHK backstabbed by my former Jaxa Pah homies.  THANKS GUYS
  82) Dref - Dead  Not particularly noteworthy, but I accidentally no-emote PK'ed a Kadian family member to exact revenge on some girl who was throwing knives at orphans in the 'rinth.  I got yelled at so hard for that, lol.  (Sorry, guy.)
  83) Yutz - Dead
  84) Briggs - Dead
  85) Cletus - Dead  Damn-near maxed out dwarf ranger who got pressed into joining the Legion after his indie employer ran afoul of Salarr and/or the northern templarate.  Still can't parry fireballs (thanks, Sarge).
  86) Yusku - Dead
  87) Harwyn - Dead
  88) Groba - Dead
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Riev on December 28, 2016, 09:41:45 AM
41) Maoten - Stored (human pick-pocket, worked for House Kassigarh but not on PURPOSE. Kind of got conscripted by the PC noble. Spammed peek a LOT on people, got caught stealing from a masterbard (not codedly, staff were just watching and decided I got caught. Unfair, yes, but holy shit I needed to be reined in)).

I don't know how this happened, but it at least sounds pretty lame imho
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on December 28, 2016, 06:42:44 PM
Quote from: Riev on December 28, 2016, 09:41:45 AM
41) Maoten - Stored (human pick-pocket, worked for House Kassigarh but not on PURPOSE. Kind of got conscripted by the PC noble. Spammed peek a LOT on people, got caught stealing from a masterbard (not codedly, staff were just watching and decided I got caught. Unfair, yes, but holy shit I needed to be reined in)).

I don't know how this happened, but it at least sounds pretty lame imho

Noble: Go buy me this thing, peasant.
*noble doesn't give nearly enough coin for thing*
Me: Alright, I'll do it anyway, and cover the overage.
Noble: You didn't bring me the remainder? Are you trying to short me?
Me: No, Chosen Lord. There was not enough coins, and I paid in part from my personal stock.
Noble: So now you're saying a Chosen Lord of Kassigarh doesn't know the cost of things?

Was either start "working" for Kassigarh or deal with a Templar who is going to "correct" me for disobeying orders.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I mostly meant staff deciding you got caught. Anything short of stealing a master bard's lyre during a performance is a bit off when we have code for that, I think.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Its not the first time staff have decided the virtual world trumped the code, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I still think it was a bit of a janky move on their part, but I basically wandered around the city peeking at everyone I could until I saw they had coins to steal, and then would steal them. I remember very vividly, about 10minutes afterwards, my PC Boss contacting me and ripping me a new asshole because a Masterbard just told them I took coins out of their pocket.

I pored over that log for half an hour trying to figure out where I might've broken hide, or failed the skillcheck. I'm confident I didn't, but you can't put the chicken back into the egg, and staff control the "HENTIRE" incubation and hatching process.

Quote from: Riev on December 29, 2016, 08:33:26 AM
Its not the first time staff have decided the virtual world trumped the code, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I still think it was a bit of a janky move on their part, but I basically wandered around the city peeking at everyone I could until I saw they had coins to steal, and then would steal them. I remember very vividly, about 10minutes afterwards, my PC Boss contacting me and ripping me a new asshole because a Masterbard just told them I took coins out of their pocket.

I pored over that log for half an hour trying to figure out where I might've broken hide, or failed the skillcheck. I'm confident I didn't, but you can't put the chicken back into the egg, and staff control the "HENTIRE" incubation and hatching process.

No character I've ever had has ever had the power to shape the world around them quite as much as the common cutpurse. None of mine have lived very long, mostly because of the climb code, but every one I've tried is really something epic to behold.

Walk into the bar and every single player is watching you. Emote walking near someone and watch them suddenly close all their pockets, packs, and pouches. They'll ignore the gemmer sitting at the end of the bar who can fireball them into ash and instead focus on you to make sure their bone knife doesn't disappear off their belt.

I've never had a pickpocket actually get caught stealing, but everyone just KNOWS a pickpocket when they see one. It's really an amazing thing to behold and I want to play one again soon.

No character I've ever had has ever had the power to shape the world around them quite as much as the common cutpurse. None of mine have lived very long, mostly because of the climb code, but every one I've tried is really something epic to behold.

Walk into the bar and every single player is watching you. Emote walking near someone and watch them suddenly close all their pockets, packs, and pouches. They'll ignore the gemmer sitting at the end of the bar who can fireball them into ash and instead focus on you to make sure their bone knife doesn't disappear off their belt.

I've never had a pickpocket actually get caught stealing, but everyone just KNOWS a pickpocket when they see one. It's really an amazing thing to behold and I want to play one again soon.
[/quote]

Pickpockets are the poor man's defiler.

Started in 2003.  First Mud ever.  Totally, totally lost.

1) Danu - Stored - Human, merchant, 150+ days played.  Advisor Danu of Kurac.  Saw some shit.
  2) Zefa - Dead - Human, pickpocket, under 5 hours played,  NPC death.  (The next seven went really quick since I didn't know combat code or anything at all about NPC danger level.  It was a blast!)
  3) Zez - Dead - Human, ranger, under 5 hours played.  NPC death
  4) Emeth - Dead - Elf, warrior, under 5 hours played.  NPC death
  5) Gif - Dead - half-elf, ranger, under 5 hours played.  NPC death
  6) Zepha - Dead - Elf, assassin, AI agility, dead in under 4 hours played.  NPC death
  7) Iol - Dead - human, assassin, dead in under 5 hours played.  Surprise.  NPC death
  8) Zess - Dead- Elf, was a loud mouth.  Under 4 hours played.  PC murdered
  9) Tabor - Dead, Ranger/Conman dead in under 10 days.  Raider clan.  PC murdered.
  10) Scout - Dead, Ranger, bubbly, Raptor-chow.  NPC death
  11) Chal - Dead, Elf, something sneaky.  Died to vigilantes under 5 days.  PC murdered
  12) Soade - Dead, First Bynner.   She might have made 10 days.  NPC death.
  13) Zik - Dead, ??  (I don't even remember these two)
  14) Swail - Dead, ??
  15) Solivajo - Dead, Seik.  Rukkian.  Was haunted by a spectral Braxat he would see in the shifting shapes of vicious sandstorms. 20 days played.  NPC death.
  16) Irenti - Stored, pickpocket/hunter, Tuluki.  Fun. 8 days played.  She stored to try my first noble
  17) Synoru - Stored - Syn of Tenneshi.  Six RL months of agony.  My staff member was also playing, as her personal avatar, the head of the Lirathran Order in Tuluk.  She just wasn't interested in my PC so I got nowhere.  50 days played.
  18) Two - Dead - Half-giant!  Lumbered around Luirs.  Much enjoyment.  3 days played.  PC murdered!
  19) Hestaresback - Dead - Sunrunner, Krathi.  He fell down.  6 days played.  User error.
  20) Vankolith - Dead, Warrior- Lieutenant Vanko of the Amber Wyverns.  Bastard Borsail, casualty of the Copper Wars.  85 days played.  Murdered by Tuluki forces: 247 to 1.  ("n;e;e;Order all kill Vanko"). 
  21) Roro - Dead, Halfling, A little shit but totally in tune with that.  50 days+ played. NPC death.
  22) Mumuro - Dead, drovian.  Murdered in under 20 hours.  Justifiably.
  23) Aht - Silt Wind desert elf.  Warrior/scavanger,  Stored to play a southern noble, under five days played.
  24) Rondus - Dead, The Immaculate Lord Rondus Jamaki Fale.  Killed for consorting with the sorcerous arts and generally being Up to No Good.  Thanks, Samos!  Jerk.
  25) Tanock –"Salty Bastard".  Dead, under 5 days played
  26) **** - Stored - No further information is forthcoming.
  27) Dek - Dead - The 'rinthi Half-Giant, turned Bynner, named "Boots".   Assassin/Guard/Knucklewalker.
  28) Omunsly - Dead.  Elffie, magey, murdered by the villagers with pitchforks.
  29) Voresh – Dead – A tribal named Vo.  Groot.  Warrior/Nomad.  85 days played.  Bit it to 16 hidden tarantula.
  30) Tonjimur – Dead – Tonji.  Hidden half-elf, Tuluki Assassin something or other.   Inside Tuluk, some bugs appeared.  It turns out if you pissed them off, they puff out this horrible gas that makes your mount go bat-shit crazy.  Tonji's sunback ran her through town, finally out the gates and then stampeded her into the Grey Forest.    When it finally wore off and any of my commands were allowed to go through, I had a train of nightmares rushing in upon poor Tonji.  14 days played.
  31) Sneekeetoof – Dead.  Sunrunner. Warrior/scavenger.   Prancing Kalan.  Shattered Drum.  Sneakytooth.  150+ days played.  Rantarri'd.
  32) Qalemu – Dead – Another Seik Rukkian.  Hole.  6 days played.  NPC death.
  33) Divan – Dead – mul 'rinthi.  Escaped slave.  Fale acrobat performer.  NPC death
  34) Kahuja – Dead – Died in Hall of the Ancients
  35) Kahula – Dead – remade above.  It was a special app.
  36) Rjuru – Dead.  No further information forthcoming.
  37) Maheejo – Dead.  Heejo.  Byn.  Circus.  Atrium.  Borsail.  Dark Moon.  150+ days played.  Warrior/Slipknife.  PC murdered.
  38) Tikoora – Dead – "Howler".  Elvish explorer.  She had the itchy feet.  Looking for her father.  PC murdered.  15 days played.
  39) ****  Executed for playing music too good.
  40) ****  Elf'd in the 'rinth.  PC murdered.

On break.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

I should have known you were Howler. God damn it I was mad when she disappeared.

OMG I remember Qasim! Oash was fabulous back then. Until about 2 weeks after I joined. Then literally EVERYONE (like 5-6 active PCs) died or stored at the same time (I'm still looking at you, Zoltan and Aaron Goulet!). And I was left to hang out with a certain infamous rogue Whiran out of sheer loneliness.  :P

I think I sent Qasim a kudos for showing me that cool high level magic that I'd had no idea existed.

Quote from: Seeker on December 29, 2016, 12:10:51 PM
cerulean eyed woman
  37) Maheejo – Dead.  Heejo.  Byn.  Circus.  Atrium.  Borsail.  Dark Moon.  150+ days played.  Warrior/Slipknife.  PC murdered.

Just my favorite... ever.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: whitt on December 29, 2016, 02:50:16 PM
cerulean eyed woman

Smiley! Also one of my favorites, ever.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Quote from: WanderingOoze on December 29, 2016, 03:06:04 PM
cerulean eyed woman

I once gave Heejo a BJ on a bench in public using hemotes. I always wondered if he noticed.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I just checked.

I'm on PC # 84.

And I can't tell you about any but the first 3 because THEY'RE ALL LESS THAN A YEAR.

I suck at this game.

Quote from: nauta on December 29, 2016, 05:33:03 PM
Quote from: WanderingOoze on December 29, 2016, 03:06:04 PM
cerulean eyed woman

I once gave Heejo a BJ on a bench in public using hemotes. I always wondered if he noticed.

My PC, who was hiding next to said bench, noticed and he thought you were giving -him- a BJ, so I acted accordingly in hemotes as well. I always wondered if she noticed.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

34) Kahuja – Dead – Died in Hall of the Ancients

rotfl.... HOW???

Ah Shattered Drum, he really got me into this game.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Miradus on December 29, 2016, 05:34:38 PM
I just checked.

I'm on PC # 84.

And I can't tell you about any but the first 3 because THEY'RE ALL LESS THAN A YEAR.

I suck at this game.

I don't think that sucks. I think that's freakin' awesome!
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

29) Voresh – Dead – A tribal named Vo.  Groot.  Warrior/Nomad.  85 days played.  Bit it to 16 hidden tarantula.

On break.

You are the MOST fun to RP with ever and you need to come back 'cause I just did and playing with you again would be AMAZING!!! <3 You were the first person I ever saw really use hemote much and it made me want to use it more. I still do it along and it's really fun when people catch on to it.

Also, COME BACK!!
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on December 30, 2016, 11:03:09 AM
You are the MOST fun to RP with ever and you need to come back 'cause I just did and playing with you again would be AMAZING!!! <3 You were the first person I ever saw really use hemote much and it made me want to use it more. I still do it along and it's really fun when people catch on to it.

Also, COME BACK!!
Yesssss... He's the hemote master of them all. Thanks to him I really began to appreciate hemotes.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Riev on December 29, 2016, 08:33:26 AM

People in the room can see you successfully steal something without the whole virtual room becoming aware of it.

>You notice the tall, muscular man steal a pile of allanaki coins from the tressy-tressed woman.

I've seen it, anyway. And I decided not to notice them taking my empty bag, but there was another girl sitting at the bar at that time who also saw and wouldn't let it go, so they got caught anyway.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Sure. But that isn't what happened. The person I stole from, reported it to my IC superior. It was a while ago, it's just one of those "this is where distrust comes in" scenarios. I didn't fail, the world only reacted post hoc. It happens. I was stealing alllllll the times.