Send Kudos Sundays!

Started by boog, December 17, 2016, 03:41:55 PM

Bang, smoking pistol, thread done. 8)
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: Riev on January 05, 2017, 11:32:55 AM
Leave it to these boards to put "Do something nice one day a week!" into a bad light.

HOWEVER -

Quote from: Lizzie on January 05, 2017, 08:23:28 AM
In addition, if people ARE following the "send Kudos Sunday" thread and abiding by it, and I don't get a Kudos that week, I get a tiny little itch in my feelings place, that spot that is still on the playground in 3rd grade waiting for someone to pick me for their team, 4 minutes before recess is over. I don't like that spot, or that feeling.

This. I've gotten maybe 4 kudos in my life, because I'm just not "that" player who really brings the world to life, has staff animating around me, and pushing the interesting and cool plots. Everytime I think "Ooh, another week gone by, no kudos" is kind of like the reinforcement that, hey, you DO suck. So bad people don't even player complaint you, you're just invisivle.

You have 17 kudos receipts on your account. Don't be sad!

LET ME BE ANGRY AND BITTER!

Also, it wasn't meant as like "those people, those nasty players". It was more a nod to the skill some players have to really put themselves in the moment, and make someone come alive as more than an NPC with a yellow question mark over their head.

I just know what it feels like to think nobody notices you trying your best.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I haven't gotten many kudos in my time,  but I'm cool with people sensing loss and me still not getting one.  As much as I'd like to see one,  it's on me to step up my awesome level.  Challenge accepted playerbase, challenge accepted. ;)

PS: Seconded, send those kudos. Let people know what good play looks like. Awareness brings effort and efficiency.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Kudos make my happy.  Ya'll quit bitchin'!
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

January 05, 2017, 03:48:33 PM #30 Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 03:53:27 PM by Akaramu
My usual, most convenient playtime is when 4 other players are logged in, so... Riev gets more kudos than I do. I think I got the most kudos for my psionicist because, well, reasons. Let's just say she made waves!

Let's not establish that if you don't get kudos you need to be more awesome. It's perfectly possible to just be overlooked.

At least staff knows I exist. I've been getting so many animations for my solo rp! Thanks guys  :-*

Quote from: Akaramu on January 05, 2017, 03:48:33 PM

Let's not establish that if you don't get kudos you need to be more awesome. It's perfectly possible to just be overlooked.

You're all awesome.

Except that guy. He wasn't awesome.

Don't feel bad for numbers guys, I just checked my own records and I only have 5 kudos total since the time I started playing in 2007.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Quote from: Ath on January 05, 2017, 04:49:59 PM
Don't feel bad for numbers guys, I just checked my own records and I only have 5 kudos total since the time I started playing in 2007.

January 05, 2017, 04:51:55 PM #34 Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 04:55:02 PM by Reiloth
Yeah, i'm saying I don't know the last time I got Kudos, and i'm still awesome. I appreciate them when I read them, but then I move on and forget about them. I don't print them out and frame them next to my laptop.

Kudos are great, but don't make them a cornerstone of playing the game. As in feeling left out or overlooked because you didn't get Kudos recently.

Definitely do send Kudos -- You know what, I need to remind myself to send Kudos more often, so this thread has made me at least think about it more.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Ath on January 05, 2017, 04:49:59 PM

I sent you one recently!

I didn't necessarily mean you aren't awesome if you don't get kudos.  Just for me personally it is a positive push for me to stay a new plot or do something fun so players will show their enjoyment possibly via kudos. Not necessary no, but a welcome gift. :)
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

I'm just bad at complimenting people. I want to work on it, truly.
So many of you magnificent bastards have influenced my Rp and made my escape from RL so much fun. But I'm just kind of stuck in my little corner. I don't know how to properly word my thanks in a way that wont give away who I play... And sometimes it's over multiple characters that I've admired a certain character from (i die fairly often..) and don't know how to send a kudos without giving away who I played. 

Just for the record if I don't get around to sending any, I love you all. 
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

January 06, 2017, 05:55:35 AM #38 Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:40:57 AM by Akaramu
Quote from: WanderingOoze on January 06, 2017, 02:33:24 AM
And sometimes it's over multiple characters that I've admired a certain character from (i die fairly often..) and don't know how to send a kudos without giving away who I played. 

Why does it matter if they find out you you played characters you don't play anymore now? I don't get it.  ???

Besides, kudos don't include your GDB name or anything like that.

I dunno if there's such a thing as bad complimenting in this case. A simple "you improved my game experience and inspired me" would probably make someone's day, no matter how long they've been here or how experienced they are. Don't be afraid to make it simple. When kudos is the name of the game, the thought and effort behind sending one in means just as much if not more than the words.

So many of you magnificent bastards have influenced my Rp and made my escape from RL so much fun. But I'm just kind of stuck in my little corner. I don't know how to properly word my thanks in a way that wont give away who I play... And sometimes it's over multiple characters that I've admired a certain character from (i die fairly often..) and don't know how to send a kudos without giving away who I played. 

Of the Kudos I've gotten, I usually can't tell who gave them to me unless they TELL me. Boog's kudos on my Templar, I'd have NEVER known if she didn't mention it to me years later. I got a recent one that just said "really makes me wonder if <character> is telling the truth, or if I'm in a web of lies" and... for the life of me, I can't pinpoint who that was (especially since this character has a real hard time being 'sneaky and political'.

Even a kudos of "I played with Corporal DickNStuffs over a couple characters, and her play has been a great example to live up to" is nice to hear. If both Nike AND Shia LeBouf say it, maybe you should just DO IT
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Well, he was a ballin' ass Templar, broheim.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

I just got my first Kudos and it felt amazing. I'm definitely going to do this. I felt wonderful after getting it.

One of the things I like when I encounter the same people but with a different character (my own) is seeing how they react to often radically different personas.

IT'S THAT TIME
LET'S DO IT, COMRADES
There is only one boog.

*coughs with mild embarrassment after counting up his kudos*

Shit, well, the playerbase seems to love my work.  I'm, uh, -way- behind on sending them out to you guys, you hard working motherfuckers who truly do deserve them.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

It's not sunday, but I'm drunk and remembered this thing
relating to kudos, and this is the most recent kudos thread
so...I found it and feel like sharing.  I remember getting this
really long and nicely worded kudos once, like, the person
put so much thought into it talking about how great and deep
my character seemed and how the PC seemed to be super multi
faceted and well-played. And I was siting there reading it and
sort of felt bad, because I literally jus  did whatever
Tf I wanted off the top of my head with this guy, there was no development or logic to a -single frikin thing- with the character.
but somehow I ended up getting this really nice praise for playing such a 'deep and complex guy' and in reality there was like...0 regard for the game world put into this psycho.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

I let the kudos slide for a week or three. I have a list of them to write, I just haven't written them! Do you, like me, have a list of people to kudos? If you do, write them up!!! If you don't, why the heck not?

Ugh, I should get back to this. Haven't written one in forever. You all are amazing and you should know it, goddammit.