Author Topic: Special armor. I need creative minds.  (Read 2440 times)

Renenutet

• Storyteller
Special armor. I need creative minds.
« on: December 09, 2016, 09:37:53 AM »
I have a project in the works that I want to open up to a few of you, and include your imaginations. If you can visualize sets of armor that are uniquely Zalanthan, this might be for you.

We need three or four sets of armor. The items should be made of southern materials. It should be well made, rugged and sturdy. It's made for use not show.

I'd like the items to be decorated. Don't put decoration on every piece, but put it on several of the pieces in each set in such a way as not to interfere with it being a useful item. I'd like the decorations to draw in theme from the face that overlooks the Tradesman Street and the western arch of the bazaar. They can also be influenced by the bloodball stakes. Think some combination of a few of these ideas, stylized, brutal, comic, sensual, erotic, horrific, ugly.  You don't need to use all these ideas. But I'm looking for a specific distinctive style. There's room for different points of view within that style.

If you are interested open a question request with an outline of your concept. Include my name in the title. I am going with the first four concepts that are on point.

Dunetrade55

Re: Special armor. I need creative minds.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 11:18:38 AM »
I had an idea for some special armor, but that PC is long dead and I don't forsee any reason why anyone in their right mind would come up with the same idea. It's been an itch for me and I fear it's one that can't be scratched, the knowlege and motive simply would not be there for anyone else.
I'm asking for evidence, not telling you all to fuck off.

No, I'm telling you to fuck off, now, because you're being a little bitch.

Reiloth

• Corpse Pose: B&W Film Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 01:10:02 PM »
Stop being a mind-reader Rene!!!

Very cool, i'll submit an idea or two.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Renenutet

• Storyteller
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 06:35:19 PM »
I had an idea for some special armor, but that PC is long dead and I don't forsee any reason why anyone in their right mind would come up with the same idea. It's been an itch for me and I fear it's one that can't be scratched, the knowlege and motive simply would not be there for anyone else.

Send it in!

Dunetrade55

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 06:52:49 PM »

Send it in!

Ok, I will, I was trying to make a big plot out of it years or so ago, but I never worked out what it would look like (had some other characters to bounce ideas off of) before untimely doom arose! Spooky. Is it ok if I send in a question request just to give you the general idea (and backstory of it) before continuing with what otherwise might be impossible? (sorry to check but I've been told many don't like communicating with me so I figure I'd ask first)

Renenutet

• Storyteller
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 07:10:04 PM »
Definitely.  Please shoot me a request.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 07:13:02 PM »
What clan should we direct the question/request to?
do you remember
when you were young and you wanted to set the world on fire?

Renenutet

• Storyteller
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 07:21:11 PM »
Please send the request to House Borsail, so it can't be overlooked.

Dunetrade55

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 07:26:06 PM »
AHHHH!Let me cancel that.

Dunetrade55

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 07:31:39 PM »
And, sent. Sorry for the long-windedness.

hexus

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 09:50:04 AM »
This is my first post here here so....be gentle. I don't yet have the skills to offer the actual components of each piece.....and unless REALLY encouraged to spend a few hours on it (decause the desc would have to be SICK after all).....i would happily offer this thought to my betters.
Without stealing the entire tsr idea too far, Dark Sun had a design on the old box set I fell in LOVE with.
The idea was harlequin style arena fighters. They wore feathers in crimson(Borsail colors? in multi-hued in varied patterns of color and they were reinforced with razors beneath in a sort of leather scale armor. Some of the styles of attacks were to acrobacically leap and spin to nick opponents with obsidian razors flashing under the colored feathers. That itself maybe too much here unless a special property maybe can be added by you wonderful folks that know mechaniks.
Regardless it was sexy flashy and humorous and grim slowly playing an opponent for the crowds. The face can get added easy if it is required by mask or shoulders. Maybe made with sharpened erdlu scales or something just to sparkle in the light.
Was unsure if a full set means every location but this could go all kind of ways to work as piece-mail too with other stuff adding quite the flair.
Anyhow thats all I got for now. Would be unbelievably cool to see that concept grow here with Armageddons twist. Please, one of you awesome folks think about taking a shot at the appropriate submission so I can squeal in my seat later in surprise lol.
If I missed the mark here, maybe someone can figure the best place for it. Thanx for taking the time to read this and you guys rock.
 His Shadow!

Renenutet

• Storyteller
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 10:40:08 AM »
This project is complete. If you feel especially passionate about it though, feel free to shoot me a request, through the tool.