Bio Reminder!

Started by boog, November 28, 2016, 10:53:02 AM

And no, I don't mean you should go pee and poop (though please do, and don't Arm-binge so badly that you have a cup/bucket/bedpan nearby), but that you should write a biography this week!

Reflect on yo character.

Also, vote. Please.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

This is your weekly bio and vote reminder! Don't forget thinks and feels, too! Immerse thyselves.

And always remember to use a toilet or a hole in the ground dug out back far enough from your house as to not attract varmints.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Thank you. I've gotten woefully behind.  :-[

December 07, 2016, 04:23:53 PM #3 Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 04:26:22 PM by boog
Life happens! And other writing. And things. And cute cats and scruffy boyfriends. ;) <3

I've been enjoying writing about virtual endeavors this go.

If anyone needs a private PM bio peptalk, and no, not of the real biological kind, I will PUMP. YOU. UP.

i have neither cute cat nor scruffy boyfriend so i have no excuse when the kids go to bed. these reminders are just as much for you as for me, guys.
There is only one boog.

Bios are one of my favorite parts of playing. I'd never remember half the stuff I put in them.

My current character is the first I've bio'd with in earnest.  +100000 would recommend.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Yes! Yes. Let's make them all come over to the dark side. Or light side. Whatever side. I make cookies. Delirium bakes, too. Zenith and I both knit and I crochet. Feco you can uh, science them!
There is only one boog.

Oh. Am I knitting for bios now? How very generous of me.  ;)

I do LOVE science, though!! Feco, you can do science at me!! I'll even join in if it's biology! Don't expect participation with chemistry though.

Crud, I'm off topic. Erm.... write more bios people!!

It is my thread and you can do whatever you'd like so long as it somehow returns to bios!
There is only one boog.

Pro tip, start a bio entry entry just for adding your char's own thoughts that might be important, but not warrant their own bio entry, and one for memories ore-creation you've retroactively added while playing.
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

Yeah! I always expound on background things. Or things that happen virtually that might explain moods or shifts of character.

Sometimes I bio instead of logging in. Whoops.
There is only one boog.

Expound, a much better way of putting it, yes. I've been watching Hannibal the show recently, and it's left my mind searching for ways to be prolifically verbose despite lacking the necessary mental faculties with which to do so.
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

Quote from: Raptor_Dan on December 10, 2016, 08:20:59 AM
Expound, a much better way of putting it, yes. I've been watching Hannibal the show recently, and it's left my mind searching for ways to be prolifically verbose despite lacking the necessary mental faculties with which to do so.

You're great. Don't be down on yourself. Your RP is magical.
There is only one boog.

Hello, lovelies.

Let's write a biography this week about your character's favorite things! Favorite tea? Color? Food? Why do they like these things? In contrast, we could also write about what they hate and why!

That was just a suggestion. You should bio anyway, because it's been a week since my last reminder!
There is only one boog.

This is great. I caught myself writing bios for my current PC the other day and realised oh yep I've been bitten by the Armageddon bug again and it's quite a severe case.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Bios are when I know I'm super into my characters.

I really like this one, but I play so often from work that writing out a bio seems like added risk.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

EXCUSES.

I used to scribble in notepad then email my personal account at the end of my work days. Hehehehe.
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on December 14, 2016, 04:32:45 PM
EXCUSES.

I used to scribble in notepad then email my personal account at the end of my work days. Hehehehe.

bio add The day Boog was mean to me
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on December 14, 2016, 04:37:24 PM
bio add The day Boog was mean to me

It began with a simple bullet, pale orange, or perhaps sand taupe. I looked from the left, to the right, and realized the new post was from Boog. These are often the highlights of my browsing, new thoughts cast to me from across the world, atop the blood-red pulpit that is ginka.

I clicked on the link, anticipating these fresh ideas the way my mouth anticipates ginger when I smell roast pork. My gaze spread over the newest post, and my heart skipped a beat.

Betrayal...

My carefully cultivated excused were ripped up and apart like a wild stag was thrashing around in my vineyard, laying waste to years of work. She intimates, however clever, my reasons, reasons, seasoned reasons, were naught but flimsy excuses.

I begin to plan my revenge....

Oops. I forgot to remind you guys!

Get a bio in before Christmas! Make it about your character's last nameday or something! Or don't. But bio!
There is only one boog.

I'm here to remind you to bio just before Send Kudos Sundays!

Ring in the New Year with a fresh new biography entry, or a kudos sent to someone you really have enjoyed.

Let's love one another OOCly in 2017! <3
There is only one boog.

Bios added.

Kudos in the works. (It IS Sunday.)

Don't forget to vote, people!!

I did two this week! Haven't really been feeling it so much thanks to tiredness and blah but I'm trucking along.
And I am catching up, and I am seeing red
How about I prove I'm right and raise it overhead?

I'm afraid of writing bios because staff dudes and dudettes will wonder how the hell I can be a writer with this many misused words and stilted sentences.  :-[

grammarly it.