Grafitti

Started by ChibiTama, November 26, 2016, 12:57:13 AM

I feel that the grafitti code is too limited. Currently, you're only able to leave grafitti on the ground and not on walls or anything else. Perhaps it could be opened up so that it's not automatically on the ground?
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

If you use a suitable item (a piece of chalk might help) then you can 'scribble' in areas that aren't outdoors rooms. It suffers from similar fadeaway though.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I believe the points is, it always ends with 'on the ground here', or, in the case of outside, 'scribbled in the sand', as opposed to the ideal:

scribble boobs [on the ceiling.]

l room

Boobs have been scribbled, on the ceiling.

Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

When you scribble, it has a default ldesc, but the scribble is an object like anything else. You can 'arrange' it to say whatever you want, for example: arrange scribble ~ is on the wall here.

If it's a simple variable, I wouldn't mind seeing the decay rate extended -- last time I used scribble, the stuff decayed / scrambled much quicker than was useful (for playability), although it did make sense in terms of realism.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: Nergal on November 26, 2016, 02:15:08 PM
When you scribble, it has a default ldesc, but the scribble is an object like anything else. You can 'arrange' it to say whatever you want, for example: arrange scribble ~ is on the wall here.

Wait...what?! 

This changes everything...
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

I'm pretty sure if you scribble on an item it becomes an issue to target that item.  The scribble becomes the default or something silly.

I'm not sure of the details of this, but I know that someone scribbled a dick on my PC's apartment door one time and I couldn't unlock the door.  I got some echo like "a scribble of a big dick, on the door" can't be unlocked.

Maybe it was because they used door in the scribble, so when I tried to target 'door' I was targeting the scribble and not the actual door?  I'm not sure but I remember I had to wish up to get someone to remove the scribble completely.

Quote from: Nergal on November 26, 2016, 02:15:08 PM
Well, this changes everything! This is the solution I was hoping for and it was here all along!
etwo wood
kill booty

The scrambling delay could really be increased. In fact don't scramble it all, just let people attempt to clean it off. Sometimes they succeed, sometimes they fail and it smudges. Clear on reboot.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on November 29, 2016, 01:52:57 AM
The scrambling delay could really be increased. In fact don't scramble it all, just let people attempt to clean it off. Sometimes they succeed, sometimes they fail and it smudges. Clear on reboot.
+1 for chalk. -1 for drawing something in the sand.

Quote from: John on November 30, 2016, 05:25:39 AM
Quote from: Reiloth on November 29, 2016, 01:52:57 AM
+1 for chalk. -1 for drawing something in the sand.

Seconded
etwo wood
kill booty