Color change discussion thread.

Started by Nathvaan, November 25, 2016, 06:18:52 AM

Quote from: Delirium on December 06, 2016, 11:31:29 AM
Looking good. Just wish there was an OOC area I could sit and fiddle with this.

No apologies for random semi-odd behavior and zombie sitting...!

I asked earlier in the thread if it was alright to use change locdesc as an ooc area for fiddling with colors, never got a reply.
3/21/16 Never Forget

As long as you follow the room's rules (don't communicate or look at anyone in the room) then it should be fine.

This is working very nicely. I think it's interesting how some things count as "object actions" and so on. The key is that repeated actions by players end up grouped in color, and are therefore easier to skip with the eyes when searching for stuff you care about seeing. Big time kudos to the idea behind this implementation and the execution!
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on December 07, 2016, 07:24:55 PM
This is working very nicely. I think it's interesting how some things count as "object actions" and so on. The key is that repeated actions by players end up grouped in color, and are therefore easier to skip with the eyes when searching for stuff you care about seeing. Big time kudos to the idea behind this implementation and the execution!

Thanks!  Yeah I noticed the same thing with some of the object actions.  In the last couple weeks I have tweaked a bunch of them but I suspect we will continue to see some minor oddities when it comes to how things are flagged.  Glad you are enjoying it! I know I wouldn't want to go back.  I especially enjoy the flags in combat (and staff channels being in different colors for ease of reading).

So I noticed my old settings of having only the damage descriptor in combat light up on a hit is no longer available. Or is it and I'm just not seeing how to do it? To be clear, I don't want the whole line lit up just the damage descriptor. Thanks!
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Quote from: titansfan on January 10, 2017, 09:40:56 PM
So I noticed my old settings of having only the damage descriptor in combat light up on a hit is no longer available. Or is it and I'm just not seeing how to do it? To be clear, I don't want the whole line lit up just the damage descriptor. Thanks!

If you're saying you used a trigger to change the color of a damage descriptor you should be able to fix it by either changing fg_combat_charhit to 15, or changing the color of the trigger so it stands out against the red. What it sounds like is your trigger is using the same shade of red as the default fg_combat_charhit uses, and its basically just covering it up.

>.> That or there's an old option I never knew about, in which case, disregard! Hehe.

Correct.  It is currently not available.  I have plans to revisit the idiosyncrasies of nesting the ASCII codes required to bold some combat text while retaining the correct color category.  When I was first implementing this change it became a very time consuming blocker so I decided to move forward with the project and revisit that feature (and some similar features) at a later date.

So hang tight, I am planning on figuring out how to add that feature again but an not yet actively working on it.

Oh good, I was wondering if we could get that back. It's the only coloring I personally 'need'.

I plan to turn on the new whizbang colors on the next character, I'm afraid I'll spaz myself out and walk off a cliff otherwise.

Quote from: Nathvaan on January 12, 2017, 09:00:16 AM

Correct.  It is currently not available.  I have plans to revisit the idiosyncrasies of nesting the ASCII codes required to bold some combat text while retaining the correct color category.  When I was first implementing this change it became a very time consuming blocker so I decided to move forward with the project and revisit that feature (and some similar features) at a later date.

So hang tight, I am planning on figuring out how to add that feature again but an not yet actively working on it.

If I could get down on my knees and beg for one thing, this would be it. Please return my love to me! I feel really really word without it.

If I need to make a sacrifice, that can be arranged.

Has anyone else had their "death beep" go away along with the sdesc highlighting? I do miss those 2 things.

Yes. When I fight now I'm a little afraid I'll miss something important that happens if I'm even a tiny bit distracted lol

Quote from: BadSkeelz on January 20, 2017, 01:39:20 PM
Has anyone else had their "death beep" go away along with the sdesc highlighting? I do miss those 2 things.

Still getting those glorious death beeps over here. Might be client related.

Maybe. I didn't add them in (just like how I didn't add in the 'sdesc gets highlighted when taking damage') and they both went away with the color update. I use MUSHClient for comparison purposes.

My one custom trigger of highlighting when I drop a mount's reins seems to have carried over successfully (even if I don't see any other color).

I use MUSHclient and still get a death beep.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

I use gmud32.

Be nice to have a simple default color palette option. Because i'm lazy.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on January 20, 2017, 04:29:37 PM
Be nice to have a simple default color palette option. Because i'm lazy.

From 'help change color':
change color default - Reset all settings to the standard settings.

You mean that one?!  I put that in because I too am lazy... efficient.

Oh hey! Nice. Thanks. For some reason I thought that returned it to no color.

Any progress on the whole combat highlighting thing that was working before coming back?

Cuz the way it is now is kinda a drag.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on February 22, 2017, 08:43:22 PM
Any progress on the whole combat highlighting thing that was working before coming back?

Cuz the way it is now is kinda a drag.

None yet, but it is on the short list of things to get done.  I have been working on a massive project to be announced shortly.  It took most of my time.

Woot!
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

QuoteNone yet, but it is on the short list of things to get done.  I have been working on a massive project to be announced shortly.  It took most of my time.

is this on its way back yet?

Shame this doesn't work on the website's FMUD client. :(