THE BORSAIL GAMES! Arena RPT and more! (Saturday Dec. 10th, 530pm server - ???)

Started by 650Booger, November 17, 2016, 07:44:28 PM

Time to start practicing your favorite athletic events!  The Borsail Games have been announced!

Who are the fastest, strongest, toughest, best athletes in Zalanthas?  lets find out!

RPT planned in the arena on Saturday Dec. 10th, stay tuned!
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

November 19, 2016, 06:37:47 PM #1 Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 07:40:05 PM by 650Booger
This will not be Bloodball, but something different!

"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

Bumping this to let people know that an RPT will still be happening on Dec. 10th.
-Kim Stanley Robinson

Would we have heard anything IC about this one yet or not quite close enough?

a few have heard about it ICly, more will soon as plans become finalized.
-Kim Stanley Robinson

A crimson clad messenger girl walks into the tavern with an air of self-importance.  Taking a position in the center of the bustling room, she clears her throat, then begins describing the format of the upcoming Borsail Games to any who will listen:

(OOC, the following will be updated with times as plans are finalized, the DAYS refer to IG days.)

Mounted race/desert survival  [3 DAYS LONG, Beginning 530pm Server time].  This will kick off the games.  competitors will arrive at the arena on their own mounts, and equipped for travel in the desert.  At the sound of the bell, the race will begin.  All riders will make best possible speed to Luir's, where they will collect a token from an agent to be named later.  They will return to the Arena and hand in their token, completing a lap.  Competitors will be rewarded for each token they turn in, and the first person to hand in their THIRD token will be named this year's riding champion and receive the big prize.  NOTE there will be other events underway as this race progresses.  Racers who want to participate will have to take time out.  That is their decision. Pushing, shoving, hitting, biting, all permitted.  NO LIVE WEAPONS.

Archery Contest [DAY 1, 530pm server]  Archers will take turns firing at archery targets from a distance of 2 rooms.  Double elimination, meaning if you miss once, you continue, miss twice and you're out.  Last remaining archer is the champion and gets the prize.  Bring your own bow and arrows.

Boxing [DAY 2, 7pm server] Single elimination.  You lose and you're out.  I'll try to pair fighters based on size and strength and apparent skill level.  Bring your own armor.  No Muls, No HGs. MERCY ON PLEASE.

Wrestling [DAY 3, 830pm server] Must have Subdue skill to participate.  Groups of four will play king-of-the-hill, the object is to throw your opponents off the mound.  Once you're thrown off, you are out.  We'll have multiple rounds to determine a champion.  This event is open to all playable races!

Footrace [DAY 3, 830pm server] Those who don't fancy wrestling might want to try a footrace.  I suspect elves will dominate here.  Runners will depart from the Arena at the bell, race to the eastern gate and outside, around to the western gate (north or south, your call) where they will collect a token, and back to the arena.  Pushing, shoving, hitting, biting, all permitted.  NO LIVE WEAPONS.

The Gladiators and Beasts ball will begin at dusk on day three!
There will probably also be an auction on the night of day two!
-Kim Stanley Robinson

As the closing event of these games, a certain pair of Ladies are teaming up to bring you:

The Gladiator and Beasts Ball

Open to all competitors, spectators, and people who didn't attend the games but want to catch the afterparty. All guests are strongly encouraged to come in costume - either as a Gladiator, or a Beast. Please note, this is not the masquerade and masks or hoods are discouraged.

Food, drink, music, entertainment, dancing and more await anyone who wishes to attend. The price of admittance is the desire to have a good time!

This will begin at the conclusion of the last event, roughly around 9pm server.

times have been updated!
-Kim Stanley Robinson

House Kurac will be having an auction on Day 2 after the boxing competition is over (I predict roughly around 7:30-8pm server). Vague rumors will begin floating around IC soon about the sorts of things peeps can expect to see.

Just so we're clear:

DAY 1 = Sat. Dec. 10th? 
DAY 2 = Sun. Dec. 11th? 
DAY 3 = Mon. Dec. 12th?

I just want to make sure my tip to the Soh to ambush the race route is correct.  TIA.

Quote from: 650Booger on November 29, 2016, 06:20:26 PM
(OOC, the following will be updated with times as plans are finalized, the DAYS refer to IG days.)

Nevermind!  I learned to read.

For anyone else who was confused (and couldn't read carefully enough): this is all happening tomorrow, Saturday, Dec. 10th!

TODAY IS THE DAY!  in about 2.5 hours.  get pumped!

-Kim Stanley Robinson

I'm envious of everyone who can log in early to attend events before 9pm est. Anyone want a kid or two?
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on December 10, 2016, 04:30:42 PM
I'm envious of everyone who can log in early to attend events before 9pm est. Anyone want a kid or two?

Trade my offpeak hours for your late night ones?  ;)

On a more serious note, I'm so sad I missed this.  :'(

Quote from: Akaramu on December 10, 2016, 04:33:34 PM
On a more serious note, I'm so sad I missed this.  :'(

Missed this?  It starts in 40 minutes.  You're wayyyyy too early to have missed it.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: whitt on December 10, 2016, 04:49:26 PM
Missed this?  It starts in 40 minutes.  You're wayyyyy too early to have missed it.

I'm about to miss it, then.  :-\

it starts in 30 minutes!  However its going until late.  The ball starts at 9pm server and will go till whenever.  Stop by!
-Kim Stanley Robinson

I'm too busy writing tomorrow's web serial update to play. My readers will get the pitchforks out if I don't deliver.  :'(

Thanks to Xalle, though. You know why  :)

thanks for coming all!
-Kim Stanley Robinson

That was so much fun!!!!  Thank you for the event, and I hope to see everyone at the next one!
How about a scavenger hunt?

Had a great time! Thanks to everyone involved who made this happen.
Death is only the beginning...

This was some great fun, props to the folk running it, the others participating, and any staffers who helped along.

Only criticism I have (and I swears its just to be helpful going forward!) is that the timing of things was solidified a bit late. We had to do some IRL schedule juggling when our event turned out to be earlier than we'd originally anticipated just days before launch.

I know timing crap is so hard though, very good job packing things together so neatly for an event that had a lot of off-peak activities.