Newcomer in Alllanak.

Started by Syl, November 15, 2016, 03:49:18 PM

Greets!

I'd just like to know where's the help chat please? Is it the direct live in the main page?

Hi Syl,

That's right, Helper chat is on the main page. You'll want to click on the "Get Live Help!" bar right below the Mantis; it should be on the righthand side of your window.

If there's no helper online you'll be prompted to leave a message.

Indeed, there should be a link on the main page for the helper chat. Can help with a lot of things that can be confusing for a newcomer, and avoids over use of the ooc chat in the game.

EDIT: Doh, Badskeelz beat me to it.
Quote from: Synthesis on August 23, 2016, 07:10:09 PM
I'm asking for evidence, not telling you all to fuck off.

No, I'm telling you to fuck off, now, because you're being a little bitch.

Ok, that's where I spammed my 3 questions in the last 30min...:) Tryin to make my way, but I've already wasted 190 coins for a too heavy bastard sword and 300 coins for a charcoal sketch, beautiful mind you, thinkin that it was the stick of charcoal I had in view...:-\ It's one my question btw, could we learn to draw sketches? That seems a valuable goods then, eh?

Quote from: Syl on November 15, 2016, 04:25:11 PM
Ok, that's where I spammed my 3 questions in the last 30min...:) Tryin to make my way, but I've already wasted 190 coins for a too heavy bastard sword and 300 coins for a charcoal sketch, beautiful mind you, thinkin that it was the stick of charcoal I had in view...:-\ It's one my question btw, could we learn to draw sketches? That seems a valuable goods then, eh?

So far as drawing, yes and no. Artistry, sculptures, statues, all that stuff has happened, and does happen. There's no specific "artistry" skill by any means, but you CAN learn to draw things, to a point.

The answer is a bit more in-depth, but simply put... yes you can draw in the game.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

And, how's that done? Cause I feel inspired with the hectic bazar... :)

Quote from: Syl on November 15, 2016, 04:41:35 PM
And, how's that done? Cause I feel inspired with the hectic bazar... :)

For starters, look up "help scribble". It may require something being held that can make a mark on surfaces, but it lasts a few in game days. Good for graffiti and the like, until you get more familiar with things.

Actual drawing, painting, etc is done through pure roleplay, item long descriptions being changed with arrange, and/or being a skill-set with a lot of crafting masteries and submitting a "Mastercraft" idea.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

November 15, 2016, 04:58:32 PM #7 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 05:00:41 PM by Syl
Ok, thxs for you. A pity for my char as he glimpsed an oportunity to start a more and more needed income then...Would be good btw, an artistry craft, eh? Sure that many chars would have the hand for that.

I'm now strugglin to sell my bastard sword, but I don't think that the merchant understand my offer... What's the syntax please?

offer sword
offer bastard
barter
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: Syl on November 15, 2016, 04:58:32 PM
Ok, thxs for you. A pity for my char as he glimpsed an oportunity to start a more and more needed income then...Would be good btw, an artistry craft, eh? Sure that many chars would have the hand for that.

I'm now strugglin to sell my bastard sword, but I don't think that the merchant understand my offer... What's the syntax please?

Also.
You aren't going to make much money off of:
Crafting
Selling things
Or a lot of things.
As a non merchant/non crafter.

Excluding a few guilds and a few crafting abilities they get you can't make a lot as non-merchant.

Thxs for you! But now I'm in the mercenaries guild, the 'byn', and I can't find the words to discuss about my enlistment...Maybe some hintful introduction from them would be welcome eh?

You should edit your post.

Talking about direct character things on the forums is a general no no as it hints at who you are and people can find and murder you easier don't need to know that.

It would be best to use helper chat for something like that and being vague.
Or asking staff in a request.
Or asking someone in the Byn, like a sergeant, IC or even in OOC if it's something that doesn't have a good ic question.
"and I can't find the words to discuss about my enlistment"
Also I have no idea what this means.

Sorry, I quited anyway, but I was just askin how to enter the guild... Enlistment apply for such a demand, no?

Quote from: Syl on November 15, 2016, 05:32:44 PM
Sorry, I quited anyway, but I was just askin how to enter the guild... Enlistment apply for such a demand, no?
To join you would ask a sergeant of the Byn and they would tell you the rules and what not.
It also costs 3 small (300 coins) to join.

Ok, I assume sergeant are PCs, right? Where do I find them?

Quote from: Syl on November 15, 2016, 05:47:55 PM
Ok, I assume sergeant are PCs, right? Where do I find them?
Ask around for their names ic.
And yes sergeants are pcs.

Well people are not much talkative around eh.. ;) I'll search, cheers!

Welcome!

You can use the rumor boards in the taverns but you need to roleplay that you heard the rumor not read as reading and writing is legal in Allanak.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Ok, and thinkin... Isn't it a bit sad, in such an enforced RP mud, to have so rigid 'class' or guild? My char grow up with the inheritance and the life of a ranger, but he would have liked it a lot to craft also by the campfire, and why not, to leaf through some magickal volume, eh?

Yeah, the guilds and also the subguilds are rigid and I don't know if the staff would allow you to special app a ranger with firemaking as a new player.  Or you can join a merchant house and learn from hunters or even the Byn.
Fredd-

November 15, 2016, 07:26:35 PM #20 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 07:42:00 PM by Syl
I don't know how to, just make a fire, passin my ranger background, in that land where a single spark could so easily become a body of fire??

Quote from: Syl on November 15, 2016, 07:11:50 PM
Ok, and thinkin... Isn't it a bit sad, in such an enforced RP mud, to have so rigid 'class' or guild? My char grow up with the inheritance and the life of a ranger, but he would have liked it a lot to craft also by the campfire, and why not, to leaf through some magickal volume, eh?

Find out IC. :P

Actually, both magick and reading are punishable by death. Quite a risky hobby.
Quote from: Synthesis on August 23, 2016, 07:10:09 PM
I'm asking for evidence, not telling you all to fuck off.

No, I'm telling you to fuck off, now, because you're being a little bitch.

What's not risky in that land? better to bet on the best, eh! ;)

Magik is feared in most places, expect some tribes.
Fredd-