It's That Time Again

Started by Suhuy, October 25, 2016, 04:08:59 AM

Brace yourselves, Allanak. Brace yourselves, Known World.

Four days of nonstop HRPT coming your way soon.

November 12th - Nov. 15th, with additional announcements underway. See IC boards for details.

Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

October 26, 2016, 01:33:52 AM #2 Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:57:06 AM by solera

Monday 14th 7pm server time

I wonder if I can get this one cancelled, too..
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Nobody likes having fun. Boo. Get out of here. Give me toiling work and incessant micromanagement over laid back drunken debauchery!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Patuk on October 26, 2016, 03:18:57 PM
I wonder if I can get this one cancelled, too..
Didn't work last year!
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Day 2 will be sponsored by my clan, and promises to be dope af.  be at the arena on sunday nov. 13th for an RPT!
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

Quote from: 650Booger on November 04, 2016, 02:40:31 AM
Day 2 will be sponsored by my clan, and promises to be dope af.  be at the arena on sunday nov. 13th for an RPT!

Time?

Quote from: Zenith on November 04, 2016, 08:01:27 AM
Quote from: 650Booger on November 04, 2016, 02:40:31 AM
Day 2 will be sponsored by my clan, and promises to be dope af.  be at the arena on sunday nov. 13th for an RPT!

Time?

we're working on that, evening time, generally.

PS, sorry I should have edited this sooner, our RPT will not be in the arena, but instead in the same location as the rest of the HRPT.
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

Just to know for those who will be experiencing this for the first time, there are contests and things like that announced during each (RL) day, as indicated in the posts above, but the idea is for this to be a nonstop HRPT. Ideally, just being in the temporary location should yield more interaction than it normally would in the usual IC watering holes, even if there isn't a clan running something at that hour of the day. My hope is that off peakers will even have a chance of seeing more interaction then.

This will commence on the 12th around 8:30 or 9:00 pm server time in the same location that the entire ongoing RPT will take place at.

Specifics to that location will be posted on IC rumor boards ASAP.

Are we updating here with the event schedules for the various days?  Or is that all to be passed IC?
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

November 10, 2016, 02:32:58 AM #12 Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:13:14 AM by Suhuy
Anyone hosting an RPT within this ongoing RPT itself can post the date and times here.

Just a quick question regarding this, all races are welcome or is it the standard dwarves and such not welcome?

Highborn, lowborn, Rinthers, gemmers. Basically anyone not wanted by the law (and even then, if you can enter and not be recognized there may be no stopping you).

There will be different congregating areas for different statuses of society, so basically this is open to everyone not (visibly) hostile to the state.

Ok, just wondering. My current ig status is odd, 'respected' despite things. Though thats as far as I can probably take this discussion.

I heard the entry fee is just a daily vote on TMS and TMC. Totally affordable for all! Vote, then it's just a hop-skip to the designated location of the event. Don't forget to pull your knees in tight and do a pelvic thrust for good measure.

TIME WARP, ALLANAK-STYLE!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

There will also be safe transport offered to the designated RPT site and I'm sure the clan(s) involved would gladly post details about this if the IC rumor boards weren't currently full ;)

November 10, 2016, 10:25:36 AM #18 Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 09:05:34 PM by Gravity
There'll be a small impromptu event taking place right after the opening speeches on the first day (12 November) - around 9pm server or so.

More info on the IG boards!

November 10, 2016, 10:29:05 AM #19 Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:31:55 AM by puella
Just to be clear: Opening day is November 12th (Saturday), right?

I'd love if there were an all-in-one posting with the events and times here.  Perhaps someone close to the action could start a thread and modify the top post with the schedule.

Some of us don't get into Allanak for the rumor board that often, but still want to attend!  (Plus, IIRC, Yaroch doesn't have a rumor board so if things change / get cancelled it might be useful to have it here.)

On that note: Maybe Yaroch could have a temporary rumor board during the event? Staff?
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Begins Saturday the 12th, yep.

Anyone know how the calendar thing works? Are players allowed to utilize this or does a request have to be sent in?

Quote from: Iiyola on November 10, 2016, 10:52:51 AM
On that note: Maybe Yaroch could have a temporary rumor board during the event? Staff?

The first time we ran this particular RPT there in fact was a rumor board put in place. I'll ask and see if it's possible this time around as well :)

While we're on little OOC things: the last festival I attended in Yaroch, the weather came in and kind of muddled a pretty cool scene.  Any chance (not sure about how codedly easy this is) to arrange it so we have perfect weather / visibility at night at least with torches during the event?

Salarr's events will be held on Tuesday, the 15th.

7:00pm Server
Auctions (1 for Highborn and their invited guests and 1 for Commoners) will be held simultaneously.  Commoner Auction in the Salarr Tent.  Noble Auction in the Salarr Argosy.

9:30pm Server
Grand Finale Combat / Storytelling in the Salarr Tent.  Those interested in participating should find the contacts on the IG Boards.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

The Borsail event will be sunday at 6pm server (this time is pretty firm, unfortunately I have other obligations later in the evening)
-Kim Stanley Robinson