Suggestions and Ideas

Started by a french mans shirt, October 22, 2016, 11:43:31 AM

For those of you who like being full-time grebbers, the grebber subguild is worth your time, or a special app if you don't store all the time like I do or nothing else out of reach catches your fancy.

Its great for when you're spending half or more of your time forage <something>, spending time in the weather, etc.

If you know magick secrets, you can incorporate them into your background, at least very generic concepts anyway. I tried that once and got it through pretty easy.

If you have mental problems of some sort like me and you're a little bit afraid of the consequences of interacting with people, a witch subguild may be a good idea. Its lonely sometimes, and it may take a few days to get another witch to talk to, but people WILL gravitate to you if you let them, and you can still have a good time, its just with a much smaller portion of the playerbase.

------------------------------------------------

Some ideas...

Someone who was supposed to have died on a contract in the Byn, but was found by tribals and healed and lived with them for a few years, unable to remember the time you spent in the Byn, but showing proof that you know how to fight. The Byn has enough turnover that this isn't a bad idea, although I don't know if you have to tell the Byn staff first that you were a part of the Byn.

If you want to have grown up into a spot in Kadius, Salaar, etc, then I think staff will let you if you inform them of your desires, show them your background and get it approved. I've always wanted to do this. "My mom and older sister were Kadian, and I've had an auger in my hands since I was a child."

A former slave. About half the population of Allanak is slaves, so this is pretty normal, although you are likely to carry the slave mentality of being a valuable possession with you wherever you go. Being directionless, used to being told what to do, and possessing possibly irrelevant skills from that part of your life.

A tribal, the last survivor whose tribe was wiped out by illness. Or may still be alive. You don't know, you're a total jerk who ditched them when things looked bad.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

October 22, 2016, 05:02:38 PM #1 Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 05:04:27 PM by 650Booger
these are all cool ideas!  one thing, I'm pretty sure that if you want to play a GMH (kadian, salarr, kurac) blooded family member, you have to wait for a staff role call and then apply along with the rest of the masses.  

*ninja edit* or you can get adopted in after lots of hard work and awesome RP!
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

The slave idea might not work though, I need staff input on that because I asked them.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Have this one, I decided I'm a terrible breed player.

This tall half-elven woman has pale brown skin and a feminine face with a pert nose and puckered-looking full lips. Her face is mostly elven, enough to suggest less human in her than average, a possibility enhanced by her great height and the elvish shape of her eyes and ears. Her eyes are an extremely pale blue almost identical in color to the rare aquamarine stone, and they gaze upon the world with a look of intelligence. Her hair is a vivid orange-red. It is thick and straight, but seems to be light and fly-away at the same time. She has a few dark brown scars on her hands that are all less than a few inches in diameter and sometimes thick. She has a statuesque build, possessing all the height of an elf with some of the musculature of a human and the average figure for an elf. A tattoo of a skimmer facing mostly right is inked on her left forearm, detailed and moderately sized but appearing to have been a depiction made from distant memory.

I think I met an ex slave once.
I hope their backstory mentioned it because if so it seems ex slaves are possible.

I was an ex-slave. No one seemed to have a problem with it.

Duh.  Nevermind.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I played an ex-slave. The Red Storm starter shops are awesome.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Yeah, I was going to say if you play out of Red Storm, ex-Slave is most definitely an option.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I was actually meaning ex-slave in Allanak, a freed one. That is also doable, but you will probably want to belong to someone who isn't in a House or not belong to a House, because A) you are property of that House for life anyway, and B) where would you get the tattoos, and how would you explain having them to people, even under the rare circumstances that you would be freed? Not the faded tattoos in the Storm shops, but routinely-inked ones, from more than just Borsail as an option.

Freed slaves in Allanak with tattoos sounds like either
A: Some sort of roll call that has something more than just 'ay lmaoy ou're a slave'
Or
B: request tool + Staff pming the clan in question, or being the vnpc clan in question, and clearing the fact your a slave.
So if Lord Templar whats his face or Seargent poophead arrests you and refuses to hear you out, then contacts the house, they'll just be like 'eh it's fine'