I want you to deal with your problems by becoming rich.

Started by Wystan, October 18, 2016, 10:31:38 AM

Greetings! We are looking for one Salarr family member, with a mercantile/political focus, to lead our Allanaki crew.

This is a sponsored role for House Salarr and must be Human with a mundane guild/subguild. The character's personality can be whatever you wish, so long as the family would choose them for leadership.

This is a good role in which to gain experience with Allanak's political scene. There will be plots! Your application's odds will improve if you've shown good communication with staff and players, a history of not quickly storing your characters, regular playtimes (preferably near server peak), and any kind of prior leadership experience. Creativity and self-starting will be appreciated. Selling arms and armor is only one way to become rich and powerful as a Salarri.

There are several hopefuls vying to be chosen by Senior Agent Leocaprio Salarr. Will he choose you to lead? He's coming in to speak now. Quiet!

You see these swords on the wall? These shields? I'll tell you a little secret about them. They aren't going to sell themselves. Without you, they're just worthless hunks of chitin and bone.

It's up to you, the fruit of our bloodlines - my killers, who will not take no for an answer - my warriors, who will not stop until they get those coins!

Let me tell you something. There is no value in poverty. I have been a nobody, and I have been a rich man, and I choose rich every single time. Because at least as a rich man, when I have to face my problems, I show up in coordinated silks, with a silver bracelet around my wrist.

Now - if anyone here thinks I'm superficial, or materialistic, go get a job in the clay pits, because that's where you belong!

But before you depart this room full of winners, I want you to take a good look at the Salarri next to you. Go on. Because some time in the not so distant future, you're going to see them walking in Meleth's Circle.

They're going to be talking to the nobles and Templars of this city. They're going to go to the Arboretum for a meal that costs more than your apartment's monthly rent.

And who are you going to be with? You're going to be talking to some half-elven Bynner who can't grow a beard! You're going to be eating moldy scrab steak in the Gaj, and hoping a drunk doesn't break a chair over your head!

Are you behind on your apartment's rent? Good! Find their minds, and make the sales.

Do you owe the Kadians for that silk shirt? Good! Make that money.

Do you need to bribe your local Templar? Good!

I want you to deal with your problems by becoming rich!

All you have to do is find their minds and speak the words your family has taught you. And we will make you richer than anyone without a silver ring has a right to be.

I want you to go out there and make Salarr a name to be reckoned with. You be ferocious. You be relentless. Go out there, and take the reins of power.

Please indicate in your application's title that it is for a Salarr family member.
Include the following in your application:

• Short and main description
  • Guild/subguild
  • General playtimes
  • Key points of background and personality
  • Short and long-term goals: both character's and player's
  • Level of experience in Allanaki politics, and leadership roles

The deadline for this role call will be 11:59 PM server, Monday, October 24th. Get them in!
Quote from: Inks
I think if you self start...since Rath took over you can go wherever you want as long as you take the virtual world into account. I think a lot of people don't try because they have ptsd from years ago. Just try it. Trust me.

This is now closed. We'll be getting back to you over the next few days!
Quote from: Inks
I think if you self start...since Rath took over you can go wherever you want as long as you take the virtual world into account. I think a lot of people don't try because they have ptsd from years ago. Just try it. Trust me.