Another Family, Fellow Wanderers Rejoice

Started by TheWanderer, October 17, 2016, 01:09:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce6jBlNkML4

We're back. Or, uh, I'm back.

"You were gone?"

Nice job clicking on the topic, my wide-eyed doe. This is the part where I inform you I'm looking for a few good dudes or dudettes. 

When I write out "a few" in my posts, that means one. I'm trying to fill out the final spot in the greatest family in the history of families (yeah, staff-approved). Well, on second thought, that's a lofty title to both claim and aspire to (I hope). We're currently in the running, then.

If you're not instantly attracted to the possibility of just the two of us against the world, I am a little hurt. You and I could wander until death inevitably parts us, bombastic tracks blaring in the background. We'd probably fall down a chasm and end up eating each other to survive, though.

Doesn't matter! There's a third in the mix AND he or she is superior to me in every way. Whoa, talented mystery person. Tantalizing.

Now don't rush to the Armageddon homepage and place your storage request -just- yet. It's important to note that we won't be starting our adventures upon selection (expect a little bit of a wait).

Unfortunately for some, there are requirements for applicants to this trio. You can neatly fill them out in PMs expressing interest in the role. Here we go:
   - Experience in the major cities (Tuluk, Allanak, Luir's, and yes, I'll take Red Storm experience into consideration). Please detail yours.
   - The ability to exist without combat. If you absolutely despise social RP of any kind, this is most certainly not the role for you.
   - The longest length of time you've had a single PC. It's preferred you have one that's lasted for 5+ months (that's real time, not Zalanthian time) of relatively active play. We're not interested in people especially prone to storing and/or silly deaths.
   - You're cool with being a proud member of the human race. GAH, I fucking hate elves. 
   - Detail playtimes! Sadly, and I know it blows, you'll be passed over if you're unable to play at peak.
   - Some moderate to high dosage of creativity. It's a mega plus.

While it's not a requirement (hence not being listed under the requirements), floating me a short description and a main description for the potential PC shows sincerity and desire. If accepted, we can change them accordingly to fit the family characteristics.

Lastly, the gender of the final member is not set in stone and can be shifted by preference.

I haven't chiseled the closing date of this call to arms in stone, but you can expect it to be somewhere around the 25th of October.

*I'd like to note that bribery is an excellent way to get a leg up on the competition. Extortion will be met with a stern rebuke.
Whatever happens, happens.

PMed you a question, heads up.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

October 17, 2016, 07:57:27 PM #2 Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:16:26 PM by TheWanderer
Whoops. Neglected to mention that we're not seeking magickers.

Edit: While I'm at it, you don't need experience in -every- city. 

Quote from: TheWanderer on October 17, 2016, 07:57:27 PM
Whoops. Neglected to mention that we're not seeking magickers.

Edit: While I'm at it, you don't need experience in -every- city. 

when i last asked staff about things like that, i was specifically informed that i was not able to dictate in my family role apps whether my family members were magickers/karma classes or not.

so i do not believe you can do that either. you might want to put in a request with staff to confirm, but from my previous experience it isn't up to you whether the applicant happens to app in a karma-subguild like an elementalist or not.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

I suppose someone could just not tell them and make it all the more fun when they start spewing fire at some point.

Also hope you guys have some luck with your family, I'm having too much fun on my roll rolls role character to go destroy them all say hi

Have played family roles in the past, strongly recommend.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Wanderer has Nauta's seal of approval.  Good RP, Weird RP.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: evilcabbage on October 18, 2016, 04:00:32 AM
when i last asked staff about things like that, i was specifically informed that i was not able to dictate in my family role apps whether my family members were magickers/karma classes or not.

so i do not believe you can do that either. you might want to put in a request with staff to confirm, but from my previous experience it isn't up to you whether the applicant happens to app in a karma-subguild like an elementalist or not.

If an applicant would like to try and sneak one in, more power to them, m8. If they're going to write out the PC openly flaunting its status and that the family's consequently housed a rogue for however many years, I'm declining that freedom.

In line with the above, we're not actively seeking them.

Quote from: nauta on October 18, 2016, 10:01:20 AM
Wanderer has Nauta's seal of approval.  Good RP, Weird RP.

October 20, 2016, 10:04:27 AM #8 Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 11:28:27 AM by path
I want to do this, but I wouldn't respect myself if I left my current role.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Its about the same for me in all honesty, plus I really shouldnt shirk on what I got going just for a rolecall.

(Even if I take into consideration how amazing it might be to get stuck with TheWanderer)

TheWanderer has Laura's seal of approval.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: path on October 23, 2016, 10:43:17 PM

This scene triggers and scares some repressed-memory part of me, from when I watched this movie as a young kid, and I ain't even joking.
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

This is closed. Thanks to the applicants and I'll get back to you within the next week or two.