Sub-mantis

Started by gotdamnmiracle, October 01, 2016, 02:30:27 AM

With nearly all humanoid races you can see a clear indication of a parent species and most are even able to interbreed. Along this same line of thinking you can also see offshoots (Gith in relation to the elves) and demi humanoids (Braxat, Magera, Kylori). I haven't, beyond the normal inects that just exist on zalanthas, seen a good representation of any close relatives to the mantis. I'd sort of imagined, much more variety, like mantis varying in size, possibly shape, and even attitudes.

Were close relatives probably killed off, resulting in the unified tribal structure we see today? Or does that already exist virtually with multiple caste members being of sub species similar to ants or kryl? Possibly something entirely different?

I fully realize some of this may be find out IC, but I'm not at all sure how I'm supposed to do that with them being unplayable and I'd assume most IG books are pretty light on the details of genus structure among the mantis. Anyway, I look forward to hearing about it, and thanks for indulging my curiosity.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.