Is it worth it?

Started by BiasedUsername, September 25, 2016, 08:45:31 PM

So I've dabbled in this particular MUD for a little while back in the day and remember the fun I had recently and wanted to get back into it. I don't remember my username password I used that long ago, but that is besides the point. I want to know if I can jump into the MUD with the same mindset as before and hope to achieve the same experience. Wasted time means a lot to me so I'd like to know if I jumped into the game now as a new character that I have created, would I be kept captivated by the hardworking staff that I remember from back in the day? I don't want it to seem like I'm playing an offline game by myself, and want interaction. Will I receive this in this game as I have described it or would it be different? My main purpose in writing this is to receive input on whether or not I will still enjoy this MUD like the days of not being able to go into a tavern without at least two or three real online people sitting down engaged in conversation. Thanks in advance, I know this post might seem all over the place.

Short answer:  Yes, you will find interaction.

Long answer:  There is always going to be interaction in the game, it just depends on when you play.  Lately we've been seeing a higher player count than I think I've seen in quite some time.  It's been a refreshing to see old players coming back, and new ones staying.  If this is your first time, I will fully admit it can be a challenge, but any of staff or playerbase would be happy to help, and then you have the Helpers and New Player forum that is an amazing resource.  If you want to just sit in a tavern and RP, you will get it.  I've been seeing some great RP as of late and I love it.  Also, if you have more questions about the game, hit up the players... ask them what they think of this.  Is it worth it?  In my opinion, yes, it is, but those of us on staff are a bit biased. ;)

If you need help with recovering your account, send an email to mud@armageddon.org requesting for assistance.  We can get you sorted out.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.