nosave follow

Started by whitt, September 23, 2016, 12:50:14 PM

Great code addition that stops a leader from walking folks off cliffs and rooftops.

Can this be expanded to not following through other clearly deadly hazards?  Like Silt and/or Walls of [Redacted]?

Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

I'm curious -- and it might help the conversation here as I'm on the fence about expanding 'nosave follow': if the leader gets blown off course in a storm, do the followers follow with?  I forget now.

Also, if you are shadowing someone, and they climb over a cliff, do you stop shadowing them?

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on September 23, 2016, 01:10:52 PM
Also, if you are shadowing someone, and they climb over a cliff, do you stop shadowing them?

I'll know when I begin to see Templars, Nobles, and other sponsored roles start to periodically  fling themselves up the walls of buildings to shake off potential tails.

Maybe Nenyuk can install rockwalls in the foyers of all the high class apartments.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on September 23, 2016, 01:28:27 PM
I'll know when I begin to see Templars, Nobles, and other sponsored roles start to periodically  fling themselves up the walls of buildings to shake off potential tails.

Hilarious.

But part of me wonders... exactly how do you discreetly free climb shadow someone?  So I certainly hope so.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

September 23, 2016, 02:33:30 PM #5 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:52:11 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: Molten Heart on September 23, 2016, 02:33:30 PM
IIRC followers stop following when the leader dies. I think this would make death rooms like silt a non-factor here because the followers would stop just short of the silt. As for the silt sea, the rooms above the sea won't kill anyone but only those who "fall" in, and with the recent addition of not following into falling rooms, I'd think this too would be covered.

Good point about the walls of [Redacted]. It'd be good if it was also applied to this.

The death occurs after the room change (due to the death flag, as some of us have personally experienced), so followers would still follow into the doom room. However I think most deep silt/death flag rooms are also climb rooms so it's a bit moot.

Quote from: Yam on September 23, 2016, 05:16:24 PM
Quote from: Molten Heart on September 23, 2016, 02:33:30 PM
IIRC followers stop following when the leader dies. I think this would make death rooms like silt a non-factor here because the followers would stop just short of the silt. As for the silt sea, the rooms above the sea won't kill anyone but only those who "fall" in, and with the recent addition of not following into falling rooms, I'd think this too would be covered.

Good point about the walls of [Redacted]. It'd be good if it was also applied to this.

The death occurs after the room change (due to the death flag, as some of us have personally experienced), so followers would still follow into the doom room. However I think most deep silt/death flag rooms are also climb rooms so it's a bit moot.

Yeah, I think anything that is a 'climb' room is a falling room, and that means you wouldn't follow them in. What about on a Skimmer though? You probably shouldn't have a choice.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~