Secret Role?

Started by sand, September 18, 2016, 02:42:22 PM

I was trying to ask via message but it seems like I got blocked from messaging back the Staff guy for asking...

What exactly are these "submissions" for a Secret Role asking you to do? I'm brand new, I  was trying to understand what "secret role" requests actually meant... are these meant for a new char you're going to make (removing your current?), or for an existing one you want to get more "involved", or a particular player event, or something else. Are they regular or rarely done? Is it just offering up for you to play a part in a broader story?

Gotta say, lot of the posts here assuming people know what's going on - the details on these posts are very vague for a new guy  ???

Secret means exactly that. Staff are offering a role with a specific intent to us as players. There is no information... because it is secret. I'd you are new you could apply but chances are they will go with someone they know will take the world in consideration, bring responsive, and active
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: sand on September 18, 2016, 02:42:22 PM
I was trying to ask via message but it seems like I got blocked from messaging back the Staff guy for asking...

What exactly are these "submissions" for a Secret Role asking you to do? I'm brand new, I  was trying to understand what "secret role" requests actually meant... are these meant for a new char you're going to make (removing your current?), or for an existing one you want to get more "involved", or a particular player event, or something else. Are they regular or rarely done? Is it just offering up for you to play a part in a broader story?

Gotta say, lot of the posts here assuming people know what's going on - the details on these posts are very vague for a new guy  ???

1. Don't worry about the private message block thing. That's automatic. Staff usually communicate via the request tool where there's a record.

2. Usually these are for temporary characters (like gladiators or gith) that are meant to be short term.

Sometimes its a role call requiring at least some knowledge of magick, or fire magick, or psionics, or Allanaki politics.... things like that. Sometimes, they require leadership experience. Often, its a role that's meant to die at the end, like a rogue witch actively attacking Allanak as a member of a resistance movement, or meant to store at the end, like an old Allanaki noble who wants to end his political career with a big bang before he retires (or gets poisoned.) Sometimes the role just has to end and go into virtualness when the plot is over, such as the gladiators who survive the Awesome Games. The thing about gladiators and slave roles, they take a lot of staff work, so they must end at some point.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.