What does... look like?

Started by nauta, September 16, 2016, 01:05:28 PM

Silt Stew is described as having the colors of the sea, which in addition to grey also includes yellows, browns, reds, and black. I do picture the overall color of being a brownish-yellow grey, like pumice.

Ive imagined it as being a very bone grey sort of color. Not quite whitewashed not quite grey.

Quote from: manipura on September 17, 2016, 12:06:52 PM
Quote from: Beethoven on September 17, 2016, 10:02:48 AM
Well, I was just going by the fact that it says "you stab a carru very hard on the paw" or whatever :P

Yep.  I was going to post this last night and then just didn't bother.
I think there's a bit of a discrepancy when it comes to how a carru is written (mdesc) and the echoes you actually get while fighting.

I could've sworn that carru hide in game is brown coloured, not grey as per the description..
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

October 19, 2016, 03:04:06 AM #28 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:42:12 AM by azuriolinist
Quote from: IntuitiveApathy on October 19, 2016, 02:58:16 AM
I could've sworn that carru hide in game is brown coloured, not grey as per the description..

Wait, where does it say it's grey? I thought the mdesc of a carru mentions the hide being a golden brown/dark brown.

That does sort of throw out those well known pieces of armor you can buy in a certain place

Not sure if I know the exact pieces you're talking about.

Are you sure they're not dyed, though?
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: IntuitiveApathy on October 19, 2016, 02:58:16 AM
Quote from: manipura on September 17, 2016, 12:06:52 PM
Quote from: Beethoven on September 17, 2016, 10:02:48 AM
Well, I was just going by the fact that it says "you stab a carru very hard on the paw" or whatever :P

Yep.  I was going to post this last night and then just didn't bother.
I think there's a bit of a discrepancy when it comes to how a carru is written (mdesc) and the echoes you actually get while fighting.

Grey?  What?   ???

If you're meaning the reference to carru being grey in that post on the first page...that description is taken from Dark Sun, not from Arm.

Pretty sure every description I've seen of the silt itself is grey.  But the silt has a bunch of fun colorful things hiding in it.  So looking out over the Silt Sea, there is probably more color.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on October 19, 2016, 08:39:22 AM
Pretty sure every description I've seen of the silt itself is grey.  But the silt has a bunch of fun colorful things hiding in it.  So looking out over the Silt Sea, there is probably more color.

Yes. Grey as ashes.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

carru are a brown or golden-brown color.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: manipura on October 19, 2016, 05:59:26 AM

Grey?  What?   ???

If you're meaning the reference to carru being grey in that post on the first page...that description is taken from Dark Sun, not from Arm.

Ah, thanks!
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

Here's a silt horror in the silt from darksun.

Reddish-beige + grey? Seems about right to me. The silt in arm is described more greyish if memory serves.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on October 29, 2016, 07:52:38 AM
Here's a silt horror in the silt from darksun.

Reddish-beige + grey? Seems about right to me. The silt in arm is described more greyish if memory serves.
I feel like silt in Dark Sun is more natural, not really, than in Armageddon.
Or maybe I just feel like its more sandy.
In Arm I feel like silt is more gravely

So reread the IG carru description. Sounds to me more like massive antlered badgers. Or maybe a caribou belted with gamma rays.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Quote from: gotdamnmiracle on October 30, 2016, 02:23:33 AM
So reread the IG carru description. Sounds to me more like massive antlered badgers. Or maybe a caribou belted with gamma rays.
Yeah Carru are fucking weird looking

Chalton are pretty tame looking tbh
I'd have one as a pet.

Tame right up until the moment they ravage your tent.

I always thought chalton were supposed to look like six-legged longhorn cows.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

I always envisioned them as 6 legged goats of sorts.

Quote from: Hauwke on October 30, 2016, 07:01:09 PM
I always envisioned them as 6 legged goats of sorts.

Yeah. Brown non-bearded goats.

I just straight think of them as gazelles.

Okay, what the hell does an anakore look like? For some reason I can't determine whether it's an insect or a reptile (either being a pretty safe bet on Zalanthas).

I just re-read a description on one, and I'm pretty sure they are the Dune Freaks of Dark Sun -- although it's pretty hard to tell based on the description.  They have (a) sandy beige skin, (b) a membranous dorsal ridge, (c) three-fingered hands, (d) wedge-like heads, and (e) a spiny tail.

Here's one: if you read the 'war beetle' description, it says that you can't tell its front from its back, except for two beady eyes.

But I'd always imagined the beetles as having big clacking mandibles and antennae (because of the echoes they give off).

So, what does a 'war beetle' look like?
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: gotdamnmiracle on November 20, 2016, 08:10:45 AM
Okay, what the hell does an anakore look like? For some reason I can't determine whether it's an insect or a reptile (either being a pretty safe bet on Zalanthas).

From the description in game, they (I think) are more human-like in appearance, less bulky, and could be mistaken from a distance as a person (which I think is part of how they lure people to their doom).
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Suuper not what I expected. I thought it was closer to a burrowing insect, like something out of Starship Troopers. Well geez.