Suggestion: Pour code should be affected by a skill

Started by Supified, September 12, 2016, 11:15:16 AM

Regarding the most recent patch notes, I can't help but seen an opportunity here.

The chance of success, rather than being random, should be based on the skill of the character at administering these sorts of things.

I do not know if it is worth or what it would make to do this code wise, but it could be based off of bandage or an entirely new skill just for such actions.

Doing so would reduce randomness but also lend a good deal more viability to the non-magical medical role.

Bandage should work to help for force feeding people cures.

Poison should work to help for force feeding people poisons.

I like it. I don't know how much code work that would take, but if it's minimal/easy, I would like to see it work this way.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I don't see why this would make sense. I can administer ibuprofen to someone without knowing how to make it or how it works. I just need someone to tell me when and what dosage  (which if you're doing this in the first place, hopefully your character has already been told this  ;) ).

It sounds like there is already a check in place for them to resist. Other than base strength or agility, I'm not sure that a skill would help someone force something into someone else's mouth.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Agreed.  This isn't something that skills need to affect.

The one exception is for a subdued person.  'The flee skill should help the chance to resist being force fed while conscious.

From the change log it looks like subdued persons do have a chance to resist.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I'm so blissfully happy with this. What an awesome, long desired game boost. I'm inexpressibly pleased. Why don't we play test it for a bit and then see how it's working and whether it needs tweaks before adjusting further.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

I told Nessalin the playerbase would be overwhelmingly happy with this addition, and he said: "Oh well, then I can't put this in."

;D

Quote from: valeria on September 12, 2016, 11:40:35 AM
From the change log it looks like subdued persons do have a chance to resist.

Correct. And yes, there's no skill check for pouring something into an unconscious victim/patient's mouth. This distinction will make total sense to anyone who has ever tried to feed medication to a small child or a pet who just really, really doesn't want to take it.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"