It's a hard decision, after 15 years, leaving this game behind...

Started by Reiloth, September 07, 2016, 10:52:08 AM

Today, I have something very important to share.

This isn't going to be easy...But...

We're in 7th place and 4 votes away from dropping to 8th place on TMS, which is one of our largest sources for new players. When we are in the top 5, we get an average of a Gazillion new players, and maybe 2-3 stick around. Those 2-3 people could be the new BadSkeelz, or the next Fathi. When we're in the top 10, we sometimes garner a new HavokBlue, or a shiny new code-guru like Synthesis.

People don't hear about our game in the ether any longer -- We rely on votes and remaining in the top 10 to keep this game alive!

Two buttons.

Both the same size.

Top right corner.

Always there for you.

Begging to be pushed.

Push them.

Just push them.

Also, no i'm not quitting, i'm just getting started.

GET OUT THERE AND VOTE!!!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Take care!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Right up there. That's where the buttons are. Vote. Before we have a GDBrexit.

~Jack Vance~

Castle fucking MARRACH, you guys?

I used to work for a game on the Skotos network of games.

THEY ARE ALL BAD.

How the fuck are we losing to CM, good sers and serras?
(Literally, what the hell.)
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Imma bout to smack you for not Voting.

10 votes away from losing number 6.

10 votes away from gaining number 5.

The choice is in your hands. This is going to be a close GDBrexit Vote.

~Jack Vance~

5 votes from #5.

You've voted for the survival of Great Armageddon as we know it.

Keep voting to Stay.

~Jack Vance~

It looks like you have to say goodbye. Goodbye to all the Newbies and their boots you might have claimed. Goodbye to the new swelling population. Goodbye to the future of ArmageddonMUD.

Alas, this could all have been avoided by two clicks of a mouse.

Is this what the new face of ArmageddonMUD looks like? Crotchity Code Gurus and Jaded Veterans aging in disquiet?

Vote to Stay. Vote Today.

~Jack Vance~

3 votes to reclaim 6th place on TMS!
The human vagabond steps forward, blocking a filthy grey rat from the curtain.
The human vagabond says, in sirihish:
     "You're not allowed in there."

Don't be lazy.

Can someone explain to me how the voting mechanism works? I've strong armed several people into voting today and the vote count doesn't seem to change on TMS. Why?
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

It seems to take a little while to update.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

TopMudSites:

You can cast one vote every 12 hours from any given IP address. If that IP address has a computer in which a TMS cookie has already been placed, then any subsequent votes won't count until 12 hours after the one that DID count, was placed, even if you use a different device to cast the vote. They have anti-proxy software and they have locked out IP blocks in the past due to cheating by proxy, so if you try and bypass the 1-per-12 rule by using a proxy (like BoratProxy or similar), your vote won't count. You won't get any notification or warning or punishment or anything, it just simply won't be added to the tally. From what I can figure - if you use your wifi router to vote from your desktop or laptop, AND you use your data plan to vote from your cell phone with the wifi turned off on your phone - as long as you are *not* logged in to the GDB at the time you vote - it -should- work as two distinct, valid votes.

MudConnector:

You have to log in to MudConnector, in order to vote, and you can only have one account per IP address. If you get caught with more than one account and you didn't obtain permission in advance to do so, they'll lock out one of your accounts. You can only vote once per 24-hour period. If you try more often, you will get a notification reminding you that you already voted and to wait til the 24-hour period is over before trying again.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Lizzie, what happens if you clear your cookies or vote from an incognito window?
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?