Should (PC) Bodies only decay outdoors?

Started by BadSkeelz, August 30, 2016, 08:19:16 PM

Quote from: Reiloth on August 31, 2016, 07:19:25 PM
Quote from: Riev on August 31, 2016, 06:53:54 PM
Quote from: solera on August 31, 2016, 06:19:18 PM
A smell message to the room would be desirable. Otherwise you can forget or  ignore the body on your bed. At least the present weight code prevents you on overlooking the one you are carrying.

.... COULD bodies be given the incense code, to produce a plume of smoke every so often for <x> ticks?

God I love that idea, haha!

The biggest hurdle I foresee is bodies seem to be temporary objects. Like, they aren't written into the database, and they disintegrate. It seems to be the problem with 'heads' for instance, they pop when you log off or the game crashes, and they disintegrate pretty quickly.

I think reducing the time it takes for a corpse to decay, if incense-code was added on, would be fine. Would be a decent RP prop, convince people to skin that damn animal out there or its going to smell up the place, and ... so the body disappears on a reboot... if it was part of RP, just ask to have a replacement dummy corpse.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: SuchDragonWow on August 31, 2016, 01:21:48 AM
I butchered a body once in an apartment, mafia style.  Cut up the limbs, and stuffed the thing in a couple of large bags.  I want to be able to do that with code.

Bwahaha!  Yes, me too.  Chopped it up, cooked it on a grill a piece at a time on the balcony and tossed the cooked meat to the beggars in the Warrens!

On topic, I've always wondered about decay and decomposition in Zanalthas.  For such an arid climate, I would expect more mummification or desiccation than decomposing. 

The US National Library of Medicine tells us this about summer in Arizona where the temperature ranges around 38 degrees C (100 degrees F):

"Remains can retain a fresh appearance for a considerable time in the winter, but the onset of marked decomposition is rapid in the summer months. Bloating of the body usually is present two to seven days following death."

"Following this, within structures, there is frequently rapid decomposition and skeletonization."

"With outdoor exposure, remains are more likely to pass through a long period of dehydration of outer tissues, mummification, and reduction of desiccated tissue. Exposure of large portions of the skeleton usually does not occur until four to six months after death."

Link to full article here:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2738563

Great info, thanks for posting Culinary Critic.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: Molten Heart on September 01, 2016, 04:46:29 PM
Great info, thanks for posting Culinary Critic.

Seconded

I doubt Armageddon has the code muscles to simulate "Realistic" decay based on whether a body is indoors or not, but it's definitely nice to know. Gives me arranging ideas.