Fire syntax?

Started by RogueGunslinger, August 28, 2016, 10:49:16 AM

Making a fire is way too complicated. Can someone list the number of things you need to make a fire, and what those things are. 5 numut vines and 5 twigs didn't yield me any results, despite some vague old posts suggesting that works.

You need to make your campfire first and then you put kindling and that sort of thing in it.  If you're making a fire with branches, it has to be three of the same branch, I believe.

Try:
craft branch 2.branch 3.branch into campfire
After it is built you need to light it ('light campfire') and from there you can put your types of kindling or bundles of kindling or whatever you're burning into the fire.

You can make dung into dried dung too, and then make that into a fire...but i haven't done that so I'm not sure how many you need for it.

Campfire Making

Actually you need kindling to make the campfire, unless that craft was changed.

>craft branch 2.branch 3.branch kindling into campfire

Also, the branches have to be of the same kind, and I don't believe the newer branches work for it at all.

Thick baobab branches, large agafari branches, and long agafari branches work.

Initially the campfire will be very small. You can make it larger by adding in more branches and kindling.

Is there a syntax I don't know about for getting rid of a burnt out fire in a save room?
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

August 28, 2016, 04:34:49 PM #4 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:57:01 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: path on August 28, 2016, 12:41:10 PM
Is there a syntax I don't know about for getting rid of a burnt out fire in a save room?

There's not -- I wished up a couple years ago because I made a few in a SAVE room by mistake, not realizing I could reuse an already made campfire.

I wish:

o campfires lasted longer.

o kindling material (and dung material) was easier to obtain and easier to carry around.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: Molten Heart on August 28, 2016, 04:34:49 PM
I want to make dung campfires.

You can! You need to pick up dung and dry it (craft dung) and then you can craft a certain number into a dung fire. Not sure how many you need.

I believe it's 3... might be 5.

Quote from: Yam on August 28, 2016, 07:17:04 PM
You need to pick up dung and dry it

I don't think you even need to pick it up anymore.  I think it just needs to be in the room.

Certain types of branches can definitely be crafted into pieces of "firewood", but I'm not sure which.  (Maybe this allows you to build a fire with fewer starting ingredients?)

Also, don't forget kindling can be foraged in areas with more plants.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

I don't know for certain, but I think the firewood you can make is to put in a fire and have it burn longer than it does with kindling bundles.  I'm thinking that you still have to craft the campfire from dung or branches to start the whole thing.  I could be wrong.

I think we should be able to put a few scraps of cloth together to make a knot of kindling or something like that.

Quote from: James de Monet on August 29, 2016, 05:56:03 AM
Quote from: Yam on August 28, 2016, 07:17:04 PM
You need to pick up dung and dry it

I don't think you even need to pick it up anymore.  I think it just needs to be in the room.

Certain types of branches can definitely be crafted into pieces of "firewood", but I'm not sure which.  (Maybe this allows you to build a fire with fewer starting ingredients?)

Also, don't forget kindling can be foraged in areas with more plants.

A while back it seems like they changed the forage tables for a couple of zone types, making it much more difficult to find suitable branches (to a certain extent, kindling also, but not quite as bad).  Even with topped-out ranger forage, I had to go room-by-room through the Grey Forest to find a room that had a zone-type that used the old forage table.  If your forage skill sucks, it's likely that this sort of trial-and-error approach would fail miserably.

So...yeah...while it's intuitive to search the forest for branches...realistically, you have to find that "sweet spot" room.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

pretty sure you need five pieces of dung kindling. As a side note, is the plural for dung, dung, or dungen?
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

Plural of dung is definitely dung.