Author Topic: Best Practices for Submissions  (Read 3017 times)

Cayuga

• Storyteller
Best Practices for Submissions
« on: August 24, 2016, 02:48:32 PM »
Please read the revised practices for submissions. Please keep in mind you should follow the template for mastercrafts, all specifics of which I've explained below.:

Keywords: No commas. Put the noun of the object first.
For, 'a skull shaped earring', the keywords would be:
earring skull shaped [armaccountname_sub] [crafted] (crafted only if craftable)

sdesc: How this shows up in game. 'a skull shaped earring'.

ldesc: How it shows up when dropped. 'A piece of bone shaped into a skull piercing  lies here.'

Mdesc: PLEASE stick to the 80 character max rule here for formatting. It is so tedious to have to edit each and every submission to fit.
Example:
This earring has been carved from a single piece of bone. It is an etched
skull and has a thin extension to poke through a thin bit of flesh to stud.

Material: ONLY CHOOSE ONE: wood, chitin, obsidian, glass, cloth (nonsilk), leather, silk, feather, bone, ivory, horn, stone, gem, ceramic, shell.

Cost: This is helpful. If you can accurately 'value' the objects that go into a piece, tally whatever they are together for the cost.

Wearflag: Self explanatory.

Ingredients: As close to the items required for the new craft's sdesc as possible. For the example of the skull stud it would be, "a piece of bone".

What is Left Upon Failure: What from the above ingredients list is left if the skillcheck is flunked. If nothing, leave blank.

Skill: Which crafting skill is utilized for this craft. Leatherworking, jewelrymaking, stonecrafting, clothworking, etc.

Tool: The tool required for the craft.

Difficulty: The difficulty of the craft. Novice, easy, medium, challenging, hard.

Duration: Realistic time it would take to create an object. Please remember that 10 minutes = 1 hour on Zalanthas!

Crafting echos: $n is a short description, $e is he/she, $s is his/her, $g is his/hers, $l is him/herself.

Example:
Crafter Success: You carefully carve a skull into the piece of bone you were holding.
Room Success: $n carefully carves a skull into the piece of bone $e was holding within $s grasp.
Crafter Failure: You break the piece of bone, causing white dust to waft all over you.
Room Failure: $n breaks the piece of bone, causing white dust to waft all over $l.

We as staff reserve the right not to implement any submissions that do not follow these practices.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:43:23 PM by Cayuga »
Lāche pas la patate!
...I'm almost certain that I shouldn't be pronouncing some of them like Urine-Moose.

Dunetrade55

Re: Best Practices for Submissions
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 02:51:46 PM »
Sorry, I just wanted to inquire about the 80 character max rule. Does this mean only 80 characters, or a break every 80 characters so it's as simple as formatting the text?
I'm asking for evidence, not telling you all to fuck off.

No, I'm telling you to fuck off, now, because you're being a little bitch.

Cayuga

• Storyteller
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 02:56:46 PM »
It's the same 80 character max as it is for your character's description per line.
Lāche pas la patate!
...I'm almost certain that I shouldn't be pronouncing some of them like Urine-Moose.

Zenith

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 03:05:43 PM »
If you write your items up in a word document, change the font to Courier New and the font size to 10. Then if you move the line end over to 6 and 1/2 inches, it's just less than 80 characters per line! Voila! Everything is automatically formatted for you to be able to copy paste into a submissions request. Just make sure your lines don't change size while pasting.

;D ;D ;D

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 04:07:34 PM »
Careful when copy/pasting from word, incompatible characters often sneak in. Highly recommended to set up Sublime Text or Notepad++ instead.
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

I get wherever I'm going, I get whatever I need
while my blood's still flowing and my heart still beats

Cayuga

• Storyteller
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 07:04:05 PM »
Updated so that the original post specifically follows the mastercraft submission template since we'd received a few confused tickets in the request tool. I hope the edits are of assistance.
Lāche pas la patate!

Insigne

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 08:32:22 AM »
Quick links to online tools:
http://tools.zenverse.net/word-wrap/
http://appincredible.com/online/word-wrap/

In case anyone needs them.

path

• they fight crime
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 01:42:11 PM »
Thank you, Insigne!

ChibiTama

• Helper
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 08:43:25 PM »
I noticed that this doesn't list time and how to format it.
Quote from: AdamBlue
wear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

Cayuga

• Storyteller
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 12:02:19 AM »
Added duration. I'm not sure what formatting there is beyond the main description that I'd already specified?
Lāche pas la patate!

ChibiTama

• Helper
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 12:22:26 PM »
Added duration. I'm not sure what formatting there is beyond the main description that I'd already specified?
I just meant how you wanted us to list the duration.
wear Inix pelvis
etwo wood
kill booty

path

• they fight crime
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 02:24:52 PM »
Duration is kind've weird. It breaks down into how many seconds up to a minute or two of real time it should take for your pc to create something. It's the delay we roleplay around and through during crafting. You can use your best judgement when submitting or leave it up to the staffer. They probably already have something in mind after putting through however many other crafts.

ChibiTama

• Helper
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 03:15:01 PM »
What I'm asking is... do they want 90 seconds or 90 sec or 1 minute 30 seconds, etc.
wear Inix pelvis
etwo wood
kill booty

Nergal

• Producer
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 03:22:44 PM »
When we add a craft to the database, we put the duration in seconds. So converting it to seconds would be best.

manipura

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 05:47:26 PM »
Keywords: No commas. Put the noun of the object first.
For, 'a skull shaped earring', the keywords would be:
earring skull shaped [armaccountname_sub] [crafted] (crafted only if craftable)

Does staff want the submission to include the account name and crafted part?
[myaccountname_sub] [crafted] for a craftable submission and [myaccountname_sub] for a one of a kind, uncraftable submission?

Or should an uncraftable submission be:
[myaccountname_sub] [uncrafted] ?

manipura

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 05:53:26 PM »
Difficulty: The difficulty of the craft. Novice, easy, medium, challenging, hard.

Oh and do you want the difficulty to be worded as stated, or do you want the level associated with ones proficiency in the skill (novice, apprentice, jman, advanced, master)?

Cayuga

• Storyteller
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 08:01:13 PM »
For MCs, it's suggested you do, [charactername_MCMONTHYEAR], so like, [Talia_MCJul2016]

But for submission calls, [amosgeddon_sub] [crafted] will suffice.

And, the difficulty is as I stated it. They correlate roundabouts with the proficiency, but on our drop down menu in the craft creator, it comes up as novice, easy, medium, challenging, hard.
Lāche pas la patate!

manipura

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 08:06:40 PM »
Got it.  Thanks for clarifying.

Cayuga

• Storyteller
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 08:20:01 PM »
Sure, no problem. It's just vastly easier to see who has contributed to submission calls this way. It also makes searching through our database for specific submissions much easier.

Thank you for your patience and questions.
Lāche pas la patate!

Cayuga

• Storyteller
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 09:41:46 PM »
Please see the updated echos section.

$N causes the sdesc of the character to disappear.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:43:37 PM by Cayuga »
Lāche pas la patate!