Favorite Character Quotes

Started by TheWanderer, August 23, 2016, 12:01:10 AM

We have threads for quotes from other media that might fit Zalanthas, but we lack those from the actual characters of Zalanthas.

In the spirit of remembrance, why not post your favorite IG quotes here? They should be from characters that have been long gone for upwards of a RL year and hopefully not reveal earth-shattering secrets about the world. They can be yours, somebody else's, or even belong to an NPC. Just one that you find memorable. A movie-esque one-liner, being a prime example. It can be a series of lines, too. Something short and mildly interesting, basically.

Off the top of my head, there was a certain Arm of the Dragon Lieutenant that, after stumbling upon a pile of bones and what seemed to be fecal matter, said:
"If it shits, we can kill it."

Predator has never been the same. 3+ years and that's the quote that sticks with me from my newbie days.
Whatever happens, happens.

"It's never easy."
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Iiyola on August 23, 2016, 01:16:16 AM
"It's never easy."

I'd like to know who got that one started. I know who popularized it, but who did he hear it from.

August 23, 2016, 04:29:38 AM #3 Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 04:56:21 AM by RogueGunslinger
YAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR

This is from a story on the website, but it will always be my favorite little snippit.

Valasurus and Tektolnes stared each other down, their forms radiating power that made the air shimmer like heat over the paved streets of Steinal.
Valasurus opened his mouth and spoke: "Pride will be your destruction."
Tektolnes merely shifted his lower jaw into an approximation of a cruel smirk, and responded with five words as well.

The world disappeared in a surge of wind and sand.
As I gasped for air in an attempt to force my lungs to work, the last thing I thought was whether or not I should curse Whira--
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

The Highlord and the King (?) of Steinal squared off in a Haiku competition?

"COMIGN IN HOT!!!"

The last words of perhaps the greatest AoD character ever.  This thread has some solid gold potential.
Where it will go

Quote from: Majikal on August 23, 2016, 08:32:50 AM
This is from a story on the website, but it will always be my favorite little snippit.

Valasurus and Tektolnes stared each other down, their forms radiating power that made the air shimmer like heat over the paved streets of Steinal.
Tektolnes merely shifted his lower jaw into an approximation of a cruel smirk, and responded with five words as well.

As I gasped for air in an attempt to force my lungs to work, the last thing I thought was whether or not I should curse Whira--
Link? Cause that does sound amazing.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Iiyola on August 23, 2016, 11:18:36 AM

http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,24087.msg416942.html#msg416942

It's always stuck with me as memorable, I love it.
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Ugh. Remember Coming Soon?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

One master assassin to another master assassin after meeting for a meal in the neutral territory of Luir's. Northern assassin versus southern assassin, discussing an expansion of business into his territory. The parting words were pretty awesome and set the tone for the bloodbath that followed.

"Finally, a man worth killing." (movie quote but I can't remember which one off the top)

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote"Finally, a man worth killing." (movie quote but I can't remember which one off the top)

Isn't it the King Arthur movie with Clive Owen?

Pretty sure it's a viking/saxon movie.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Was w. the Byn ages ago w. a PC. Some rinthi breed was freaking out about being so far away (very well played). He ran off while resting in Luirs. The Sarge murmured: "He just doesn't have what it takes."

Very well played HG: "I know what it takes to be a Bynner."
Sarge: "What's that?"
Very well played HG: "Three small."

I think everyone at their screens exploded in laughter.

And yeah. I sent kudos.
Czar of City Elves.

August 25, 2016, 09:47:41 AM #14 Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:51:51 AM by Desertman
Quote from: Armaddict on August 25, 2016, 01:14:54 AM
Quote"Finally, a man worth killing." (movie quote but I can't remember which one off the top)

Isn't it the King Arthur movie with Clive Owen?

Pretty sure it's a viking/saxon movie.

Yes it is. It's the lead saxon at the final battle.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Doublepalli on August 25, 2016, 02:54:14 PM
"I'm ganna skull-fuck you."

Oh Sefaj Blackbolt, you were a good character, and a good man.

(At least this is who I remember it from.)
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Multiple characters have used it, it would seem. XD

Quote from: Desertman on August 25, 2016, 02:57:17 PM
Quote from: Doublepalli on August 25, 2016, 02:54:14 PM
"I'm ganna skull-fuck you."

Oh Sefaj Blackbolt, you were a good character, and a good man.

(At least this is who I remember it from.)

Haha I remember when rape removal came in during this time and he didn't threaten to skullfuck or have sex with disembowlled organs anymore.

Good Character.

Quote from: Majikal on August 23, 2016, 12:28:39 PM
Quote from: Iiyola on August 23, 2016, 11:18:36 AM

http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,24087.msg416942.html#msg416942

It's always stuck with me as memorable, I love it.

This was such a good read. Thank you for the link!

August 26, 2016, 12:47:15 AM #20 Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 12:49:23 AM by BadSkeelz
In the AoD training yard one fateful day, after sparring,

Adjusting his fanged, inix-shell gorget with a tug against the lacing, offering a painful nod aside to your words, the AoD private says to you, in sirihish:
    "At least there's that. Swear it'll take me a dozen years before I am competent with a blade. Figure I'm still using the old Byn techniques."

You say to the AoD private, in sirihish:
    "Strength accounts for some of that. Not like anyone's taught the Muls running across the desert a thing of reak swirdsnabsuo,"

You say, out of character:
    "*swordsmanship. dont ask how"

The AoD private says, out of character:
    "I was staring at that. I thought he came up with his own kung-fu. Whose interrupting my kung-fu!?"

Coughing lightly inside your helm, you say, in sirihish:
    "Still hurts when you get in on my head."

When the 2003 HRPT was going on, the motley crew of rinthis were down in the bowels of the labyrinth in some ancient Nilazi temple...and then the 'good' guys show up. I was on the rinthi side, and this was maybe like...my 2-3rd month of playing or so, completely new and just loving arm. The huge group of soldiers and house guards walk in, and you just -knew- shit was going to go down...and everyones looking at each other like...holy shit, did this just happen...and then...:

Quote from: Code

The x-and-x templar, says, looking at the motley group of rinthis,
"Kill them all."

My favorite quote ever, because it was just timed so perfectly, as just a drop before all hell (literally) broke loose.

I think my second favorite is the one posted around sometimes when the halfling runs past the two Tulukis, and screams at them, and keeps running, and they try to figure out what he meant.

"What does 'ugluh no carachos' mean?"

...a wall of water has arrived from the west.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

August 26, 2016, 05:27:31 AM #22 Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 05:30:09 AM by bcw81
I can quote myself, right?

Quote from: Sefaj BlackboltStriding down the main road of the city with a slight limp, you say, in sirihish:
    "Rule number one! You will keep your aba and patch clean at all times. Fail to do this and I will have you licking them clean."

Turning northeast around the pile of bodies and continuing on without even glancing at them, you say, in sirihish:
    "Rule number two! You have duties and chores to tend to. If I catch you slacking, I will rip your fucking jaw off an stab you to death with it."

Turning north down the side road around the baazar, you say, in sirihish:
    "Rule number three! You do -not- leave the city gates or enter the labyrinth without a sergeant or above with you. The fist time I catch you, I will whip you within an inch of your life."

You say, in sirihish:
    "The -second- time I catch you, I will flay you alive, cut your chest open, and hang your lungs out to dry."

Striding down the side road with a regimented pace as he enters the narrower section of the street, you say, in sirihish:
    "Rule number four! You do not steal from me, my unit, my warband, or the T'zai Byn! If I catch you stealing, I will cut your motherfucking hands off!"

You say, in sirihish:
    "One fucking finger at a time. I will -not- dismiss you from duty afterwards, I -will- send you in the vanguard after the gith."

Turning east down the road of slaves, you exclaim, in sirihish:
    "Rule number five! You will salute any sergeant or above whom addresses you or is addressed by you! You will do so by gently placing your right fist over your chest!"

You exclaim, in sirihish:
    "If you do -not- hear ribs breaking, you're doing it wrong!"

Moving along, his limp growing only a fraction before he resets his jaw and forces himself upright properly, you exclaim, in sirihish:
    "Rule number six! This is the most fucking important rule, so listen the -fuck- up!"

Moving to the gates of the compound and turning on his heel to face the slender, messy-haired man and the feminine, slant-eyed man, you say, in sirihish:
    "You do not fuck with me, you do -not- fuck with those who can fuck with me. I have been fucking longer than you. I can fuck -better- than you."

You ask, in sirihish:
    "I -will- fuck you back, brutally and lethally. Is that clear?"

Turning towards the gate as it's pulled open, you exclaim, in sirihish:
    "Alright fuckers, any questions!? Ask right the bloody-shits now because I wont answer them after today!"

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: Bogre on August 26, 2016, 02:47:32 AM
I think my second favorite is the one posted around sometimes when the halfling runs past the two Tulukis, and screams at them, and keeps running, and they try to figure out what he meant.

"What does 'ugluh no carachos' mean?"

...a wall of water has arrived from the west.

This is also my absolute favorite.
I ruin immershunz.

Quote from: bcw81 on August 26, 2016, 05:27:31 AM
I can quote myself, right?

Quote from: Sefaj BlackboltStriding down the main road of the city with a slight limp, you say, in sirihish:
    "Rule number one! You will keep your aba and patch clean at all times. Fail to do this and I will have you licking them clean."

Turning northeast around the pile of bodies and continuing on without even glancing at them, you say, in sirihish:
    "Rule number two! You have duties and chores to tend to. If I catch you slacking, I will rip your fucking jaw off an stab you to death with it."

Turning north down the side road around the baazar, you say, in sirihish:
    "Rule number three! You do -not- leave the city gates or enter the labyrinth without a sergeant or above with you. The fist time I catch you, I will whip you within an inch of your life."

You say, in sirihish:
    "The -second- time I catch you, I will flay you alive, cut your chest open, and hang your lungs out to dry."

Striding down the side road with a regimented pace as he enters the narrower section of the street, you say, in sirihish:
    "Rule number four! You do not steal from me, my unit, my warband, or the T'zai Byn! If I catch you stealing, I will cut your motherfucking hands off!"

You say, in sirihish:
    "One fucking finger at a time. I will -not- dismiss you from duty afterwards, I -will- send you in the vanguard after the gith."

Turning east down the road of slaves, you exclaim, in sirihish:
    "Rule number five! You will salute any sergeant or above whom addresses you or is addressed by you! You will do so by gently placing your right fist over your chest!"

You exclaim, in sirihish:
    "If you do -not- hear ribs breaking, you're doing it wrong!"

Moving along, his limp growing only a fraction before he resets his jaw and forces himself upright properly, you exclaim, in sirihish:
    "Rule number six! This is the most fucking important rule, so listen the -fuck- up!"

Moving to the gates of the compound and turning on his heel to face the slender, messy-haired man and the feminine, slant-eyed man, you say, in sirihish:
    "You do not fuck with me, you do -not- fuck with those who can fuck with me. I have been fucking longer than you. I can fuck -better- than you."

You ask, in sirihish:
    "I -will- fuck you back, brutally and lethally. Is that clear?"

Turning towards the gate as it's pulled open, you exclaim, in sirihish:
    "Alright fuckers, any questions!? Ask right the bloody-shits now because I wont answer them after today!"

I'm glad you quoted yourself. This is gorgeous. Can we append it to the Byn docs? ;)
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?