Alert! Alert!

Started by Doublepalli, August 21, 2016, 12:07:51 AM

Do you think tent code should have some change?

Yes
10 (41.7%)
No
10 (41.7%)
I have no idea
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

oh, that is actually a thing?

zing!
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: th3kaiser on August 22, 2016, 06:18:21 PM
That is not correct. If a mount is hitched, you cannot simply hitch it and take it from whomever is inside the tent. I'm on the tents are fine side of this.

Yep.  Although I do think you have to be 'sitting' not 'resting' in order to execute 'watch' related commands.

I just wish there were more low cost tents available!
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

What good does 'hitching' your mount and sitting/resting inside a tent do, if someone can still walk in, and mount your hitched mount while you're inside? Because that's happened. Multiple times!

Oh. Yeah. That can happen. Huh.

August 22, 2016, 06:57:58 PM #29 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:00:22 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: Molten Heart on August 22, 2016, 06:57:58 PM
I'm pretty sure mounts can be stolen if the person they are hitched to is in a different room (like inside a tent).

If you walk in a direction, yes it unhitched you. If you use the enter command to get to a new room the mount stays hitched. If a mount is hitched it cannot be mounted or hitched by someone else.

Can we have a "bungee cord effect" so that if you unhitch a mount by walking out of the room, the reins snap back and hit a random (N)PC in the room with the mount?

Quote from: Akariel on August 22, 2016, 07:04:56 PM
Quote from: Molten Heart on August 22, 2016, 06:57:58 PM
I'm pretty sure mounts can be stolen if the person they are hitched to is in a different room (like inside a tent).

If you walk in a direction, yes it unhitched you. If you use the enter command to get to a new room the mount stays hitched. If a mount is hitched it cannot be mounted or hitched by someone else.

you mind testing this just to err on the side of caution? my experience may have been different.

Quote from: Synthesis on August 22, 2016, 01:03:03 PM
Jacking people's mounts is a time-honored Armageddon tradition.

It would be a damn shame to see it go.

Beautifully said.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Don't really need to test this. Moving a direction with it sitting or rested, unhitched. Tent or other similar things? Does not unhitch. It's always been like this.

As someone who uh ... borrowed one, or two, or ... twelve ... mounts from lazy roundies who are sitting in the tent. Assuming that they would not purposefully unhitch a mount when they enter it, I think ... it's possible to hitch and run off with it. It's been done. Numerous times. And then sold back for some good coin on occasion.

I'd say it's more likely they never hitched them in the first place. But hey, feel free to test it.

August 22, 2016, 07:27:09 PM #37 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:02:54 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

You can walk into Salarr shops and certain places like gobbulukkudbedu the cleaner and not have it unhitch. At least, I'm fairly sure it doesn't.

August 22, 2016, 11:21:30 PM #39 Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:23:08 PM by Delirium
Mounts stay hitched if they are 'resting' and you 'enter' another room.

Mounts get unhitched if they are 'standing' and you 'enter' another room.

Resting mounts get unhitched if you walk in a directional, as they cannot follow.

Standing mounts remain hitched if you walk in a directional they cannot fit into. However, this only applies to ONE directional; if you go two rooms away, they become unhitched.

(Note, this applies to fleeing as well. Your mount remains hitched to you if you flee one room away, but unless your next move is back into the room with the mount, it will become unhitched the next time you move).

In all cases, if you are NOT IN THE ROOM with the mount, it does not matter whether they are hitched or not; someone else can hitch the mount and take it.

August 22, 2016, 11:58:55 PM #41 Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 12:11:43 AM by TFort
What delrium wrote has been my experience too.

Been a while since I've stolen a mount, but I believe you can unhitch mount when someone leaves their mount hitched but have entered another room.

I don't think either the need to 'watch out' to see what's happening or the ability to have your mount stolen from you while you're inside a tent are things that need to be fixed.

Makes sense to me.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I was under the impression that you can still hitch a mount that is hitched to someone who has entered another room.
It might be the case that your resting mount does indeed stay hitched to you when you enter another room, but someone else can still come in and hitch it.
I'm pretty sure this is the case because of those times I've hitched a resting critter after someone has entered a room without unhitching it.

That being said, I'm not convinced anything actually needs to be changed.

Oh hey, that's interesting. The mount is still hitched if you enter a tent, but if you're not in the room with a mount anyone can override your hitch. Cool.

ha ha. cabbage scores.

choke on this, akariel!

the green, diabolical cabbage-man brutally bludgeons the swarm of rats on the head, wounding them!

so now the question is: working as intended, or code bug?

and does this make "stake mount" more viable?

stake elf? anyone?