Who Can Wear Silk in Allanak?

Started by Barsook, August 11, 2016, 12:13:12 PM

I feel like people are oversensitive about this.  A prosperous merchant or other non-combat character with money should be able to wear silk doodads.

If some noble gets their panties in a twist that you are better-dressed than them, they can feel free to off-with-their-heads, but I think this should be done moreso as a character choice and less so as a 'we gotta punish them 4 being pretty becuz SO HARSH WORLD'

Well, you would be wrong.
Lâche pas la patate!
Quote from: Asmoth on February 12, 2016, 03:42:53 PM
...I'm almost certain that I shouldn't be pronouncing some of them like Urine-Moose.

Wear whatever you damn well want so long as it is thematic. Dude if you want to wear silks where it under that cloak, wear something like a silk shirt and pants and keep your aba closed. That thing is floor length or something anyway, how can you tell they do/dont have pants on under it.

Quote from: Riev on August 11, 2016, 12:21:11 PM
Any Highborn, because they're better.

A piece, MAYBE two, from an Aide or higher House Employee, so long as their Highborn allows it.

A well off GMH Merchant might have a piece or two to show affluence.

Indie Merchants are welcome to wear it, but also welcome to the backlash from "trying to look like someone beyond their station".

I'd think this tends more towards "silk shirt" or "a fine pair of silk gloves". If you're wearing a silk necktie, or a bundled silk rope... you're trying to LOOK affluent. Someone is going to find out just how affluent you are, so you better be prepared.
What he said.

I remember playing a long lived aide to a noble and one day he bought me a fancy vest from Kadius, honoring me by letting me flash a tiny bit of silk on the trim that matched his silks. I thought it was pretty badass.

Being an ex-byn breed sarge wearing silk on his off-days cause he can swing a bone sword better than others doesn't strike me as thematic to the game world.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."