Author Topic: Seattle, August 2017  (Read 2874 times)

boog

Seattle, August 2017
« on: August 06, 2016, 03:29:41 PM »
I'm planning a trip next summer to go to Seattle for the Layne Staley tribute his mom holds every year for about a week or so. Next year would've been his 50th birthday, so I'm imagining it's going to be something special.

Anyway, I'm posting this here not only to probe who might be around (though, you know, a year is insanely far from now!) and who might be able to provide me with some information about the city. I've never been anywhere west of New Mexico and I'm not looking to spend a bundle of money, as I'm a really frugal gal... but I'm prepared, because I know the west coast is um, expensive.

So! Information would be great about where to stay, and what to do when I'm there, outside of seeing the shows, would be great. And, if you wanna come, too, I think that'd be groovy. It's a cheap show, usually, and Layne's mom is great.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Wyrmboy

Re: Seattle, August 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 09:15:47 PM »
I love Alice in Chains, such a loss, have fun!!!
Cant help you with Seattle though, I hear you can charter boats that take you out to watch killer whales, supposed to be spectacular.
http://www.pugetsoundexpress.com/tours/guaranteed-whale-watching-tours/seattle-whale-watching-tours/?gclid=CPKs3qaQrs4CFdgYgQodcIkEeA

Yam

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 10:09:42 PM »
I'm in Seattle!

Fathi

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 03:00:47 AM »
I live on the other side of the planet, but weirdly I am semi-reliably in Seattle in August some years. Will keep you in the loop.
Out of all those kinds of people, you got a face with a view
I'm just an animal looking for a home
Share the same space for a minute or two

Quote from: BadSkeelz
My preferred form of birth control is still rough circle.

boog

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 09:20:59 AM »
That would be amazing!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Is Friday

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 10:20:38 AM »
I'll be living in southern WA for another couple years and might be enticed to drive north.
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

Orin

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 09:58:17 PM »
I too live in Seattle.  I don't play much Arm anymore, but obviously I still browse the board.  Would be nice to meet some of you all in person.  I think I've met Yam before at a previous Portland event.
You notice: A war beetle squeezes out a fist-sized ball of dung.

Malifaxis

• Thoughts of the Sixth Age
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 10:43:35 AM »
About an hour away from YamLand myself.  Let us know when you'll be here as the time grows nearer, and we can arrange some touristy shit that will make you never want to leave.

PNW4LYF
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Stop being shitty to each other.

roughneck

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 07:08:50 PM »
Boog! I thought you meant this August at first, I'll be in Portland in a couple of weeks and I would have come for you.

That being said, I usually visit Portland in August to see my brother and his adorable progeny. If I make it another year on this treacherous planet, perhaps our paths will cross.

lostinspace

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 07:21:07 PM »
I live there as well, feel free to message me with any questions, however keep in mind I found Armageddon around the time I moved here, so I'm probably not the most helpful resident.
3/21/16 Never Forget

boog

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 12:11:16 PM »
I would very much love to see all of you!

I'll update this post when I have specific dates and the like!

Whee!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 03:05:51 PM by boog »
There is only one boog.

Aruven

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 11:08:36 AM »
Also live in Seattle; am social.

Orin

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 09:04:57 PM »
I must have missed something or have been away for too long.  I had no idea so many of you lived in the Pacific northwest.

I'd like you all to take a moment to think about a Tree Octopus house in your local wooded areas to help rebuild the population:

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/
You notice: A war beetle squeezes out a fist-sized ball of dung.