Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

I feel immensely disappointed that I missed most of the Hasan saga.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Romance and sexual insecurity also led to pretty much every unhinged thing Takharion did, up to and include trying to kill Kitrix.  #sorrynotsorry
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

This romance thing made me think of this female assassin that I was trying to entwine in a romantic partnership with a character who later ended up leading the guild.  She betrayed me like three times. It was so weird

First she snitched me out. When I enterer her apartment, she had a templar waiting for me behind a closed curtain. I walk into the apartment, neighbouring rooms curtain is closed. I quickly steal her apartment key, tug the curtain open, there is a templar behind it. I open the door and bolt.

Somehow I forgive that. Talked the templar off my back. Second time. In her apartment, I am teaching her cures and poisons. I give her terradin and she asks me if I got cures to terradin yet. I say no. She stabs me with it :).

I forgive that too after KOing her, but geas her to watch, track, and gather info on a Kuraci agent, in preparation for an assassination.

She gives up the plan to assassinate her to that Agent.

Romance is a powerful thing. I ended up suffering 3 betrayals from the same person, just because I had the hots for her and had a desire for a stealth/crime based romance plot.

I'm curious what happened to that character to this day. She dissapeared  at some point. I looked for her. Dont remember if I missed her, or just wanted to kill her.

Post above sounds like the best Craigslist missed connections entry this week.
Alea iacta est

Be aware that flaming other posters is against the rules and will net you a ban from the GDB if it continues. I've moderated some posts from this thread.

Quote from: Akariel on September 18, 2017, 06:04:11 PM
Be aware that flaming other posters is against the rules and will net you a ban from the GDB if it continues. I've moderated some posts from this thread.

Mmm. I'd like to hope that comment was tongue in cheek, truth be said. Just badly phrased. Hardly was a need to completely obliterate it.  But I dunno.

Quote from: Dar on September 18, 2017, 11:22:09 PM
Quote from: Akariel on September 18, 2017, 06:04:11 PM

Mmm. I'd like to hope that comment was tongue in cheek, truth be said. Just badly phrased. Hardly was a need to completely obliterate it.  But I dunno.

^What he said. Not sure where exactly the flaming part came in.

Quote from: Armaddict on June 18, 2017, 05:13:04 PM
QuoteYou think:
     "Oh, I will cry if Axhimas kills him! I'll cry and then I'll MURDER HER."

I love Zalanthas.
Ditto.

I played Axhimas. She -hated- Maristen.  She and cohorts were furious when she was cock blocked by the family and her murderous plans were foiled. Good times!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: Morrolan on September 16, 2017, 11:29:13 PM
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" - Corse

Still mad about Corse doing the sinkhole jump. :'(

Quote from: Riev on September 13, 2017, 10:39:19 PM
I feel like I remember being... coerced into paying for something I never asked for at least once with Tithian. Grr.

Sounds about right!

Tithian was an experiment in bringing a shady ostentatious crime boss concept to Tuluk. It proved to be harder in execution when new... ahem... debt collectors would be hired, receive their uniform, and then disappear or die immediately.

Fun fact: Tithian's employees were all issued letters of marque that were supposed to function as a get-out-of-jail-free-or-at-a-discount card if they were somehow jailed in the course of fulfilling debt recovery duties. Sometimes, they might even work, depending on the Templar that jails you!
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: ShaLeah on September 19, 2017, 01:26:56 PM
QuoteYou think:

I love Zalanthas.
Ditto.

I played Axhimas. She -hated- Maristen.  She and cohorts were furious when she was cock blocked by the family and her murderous plans were foiled. Good times!

(laughs) I'd wondered who was behind the screen on that one. Glad to see it was yet another vet and I'm glad I got to play with you!

It isn't -quite- how your character might have perceived it, though. It only went down that way because Maristen, though angry and shocked, didn't hate Axhimas (though he didn't like her much either) and didn't want her to die. Since he felt that way and wanted the two of them to somehow coexist, her plans were outed and she didn't end up face down in the street. The option was on the table then, but afterwards, not again as we both know. That knife literally cut both ways.
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

Quote from: WithSprinkles on September 19, 2017, 03:35:45 PM
Quote from: ShaLeah on September 19, 2017, 01:26:56 PM
QuoteYou think:

I love Zalanthas.
Ditto.

(laughs) I'd wondered who was behind the screen on that one. Glad to see it was yet another vet and I'm glad I got to play with you!

It isn't -quite- how your character might have perceived it, though. It only went down that way because Maristen, though angry and shocked, didn't hate Axhimas (though he didn't like her much either) and didn't want her to die. Since he felt that way and wanted the two of them to somehow coexist, her plans were outed and she didn't end up face down in the street. The option was on the table then, but afterwards, not again as we both know. That knife literally cut both ways.

It was awesome. It was Zalanthas.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

My PC loved Maristen and tried to kill him anyway.
He got promoted and became autonomous. This ran counter to my PCs more fuedal outlook on life. She felt  (rightly or not) that she'd been a king maker, but she wasn't getting the collaboration, or information she thought she deserved. My PC was very disappointed in Maristen. I the player thought he was amazing and i'm a Mari fan.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

To be fair, Aximas did all the work and took all the risk.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on September 20, 2017, 10:22:37 AM
He got promoted and became autonomous. This ran counter to my PCs more fuedal outlook on life. She felt  (rightly or not) that she'd been a king maker, but she wasn't getting the collaboration, or information she thought she deserved. My PC was very disappointed in Maristen. I the player thought he was amazing and i'm a Mari fan.
Quote from: Barzalene on September 20, 2017, 10:24:14 AM
To be fair, Aximas did all the work and took all the risk.

I was trying not to out you!

Axhi was a nepotist and anyone not family wasn't family.

God I love this game.

Quote from: Barzalene on September 20, 2017, 10:22:37 AM

Oh my gosh!

You just made me gasp aloud and burst into tears and laugh happily all at the same time.  Thank you so much for being so amazing. Ah.. the memories and the bios. Never as many as a person wants to write, unfortunately.

That PUSH into adulthood that the both of you gave my character was very disorienting and immersive. It actually changed the way I approached the game as a player over time, helping to take me a bit out of 'care bear' mode and into the mindset of 'Murder, Corruption, Betrayal'. I can't say that I'm perfect even now, but I appreciate that kick out of the 'nest' so to speak. Mari would have never lasted without grief, betrayal and anger tempering the more gentle aspects of his personality. Funnily enough, if it hadn't been for this event in his life, he might not have been family at all because he'd have likely remained too soft to have survived.

Two things:

Barzalene - My favorite memory was laughing with you, drunk off our asses in the gardens in Tuluk with one of the hunters. All of us trying to make our way back the the compound and almost failing miserably as we kept falling into the flowers.

ShaLeah - The one memory that stands out is trying so hard to suppress laughter and almost clinging to one another as it slipped out uncontrolled anyway after one social event ended in that 'grand announcement'.
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

Not so much a person, but a couple years ago I remember coming across some posts in Allanak and the Rinth on the rumorboards about 'Twelfthlings'.  Is that plot dead enough that someone can please tell me what was up with it?  Were there really tiny people running around?
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

November 14, 2017, 07:31:21 PM #893 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:34:43 PM by satine
Quote from: Is Friday on September 16, 2017, 10:30:52 PM
Quote from: Dar on September 16, 2017, 10:23:45 PM
Things like what? Banging?  It's human nature. Might as well get annoyed at people who get bored with people who never do anything, except spar.

Not to derail with my angst musings, but I've seen a direct correlation in propensity for mudsex and "people who never do anything".

I'm going to jump in to this discussion.

I once played a character that people perceived as "never doing anything" and she also had a lot of mudsex (a lot of it faded) as her profession was a rinth prostitute.

She also got more than a dozen people killed via rp, and knowing how to cry on demand to the right people.

Her name was Mouse, and she died because I forgot to change her outfit in the rinth.

edit to add: she also sexed a zombie with twice the normal amount, and was involved with all sorts of crazy stuff
Quotejmordetsky: so I reckon, before 1750, people were fuckin retarded

QuoteNamino:
I'm not going to spawn 100,000,000 eggs like a black marlin just because Mekillots are a thing 

LOL, That is all
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

with... with twice the... what?!
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on November 14, 2017, 08:07:55 PM
with... with twice the... what?!

She charged him twice the normal amount.

It was awesome.

Anouther time, a guy in the rinth refused to pay her, so she sat in the folley until quick came in.

She burst into tears and not ten minutes later Quick walked back into the tavern with the guys dead body.

Then he gave her a present, It was a fan or something silly like that.

QuoteNamino:
I'm not going to spawn 100,000,000 eggs like a black marlin just because Mekillots are a thing 

Quote from: satine on November 14, 2017, 07:31:21 PM
Quote from: Is Friday on September 16, 2017, 10:30:52 PM
Quote from: Dar on September 16, 2017, 10:23:45 PM
Things like what? Banging?  It's human nature. Might as well get annoyed at people who get bored with people who never do anything, except spar.

Not to derail with my angst musings, but I've seen a direct correlation in propensity for mudsex and "people who never do anything".

I'm going to jump in to this discussion.

I once played a character that people perceived as "never doing anything" and she also had a lot of mudsex (a lot of it faded) as her profession was a rinth prostitute.

She also got more than a dozen people killed via rp, and knowing how to cry on demand to the right people.

Her name was Mouse, and she died because I forgot to change her outfit in the rinth.

edit to add: she also sexed a zombie with twice the normal amount, and was involved with all sorts of crazy stuff

Ahh, I remember Mouse. Funny little mudsexor she was.
Free your hate.

I feel like I did a great job, Nile.
There is even a log on the site from Mouse, when a rouge mind worm taught her where babies come from.

It might be gone now.

What ever happened to the rest of the crew from that time?

QuoteNamino:

Quote from: satine on November 15, 2017, 11:57:08 AM
I feel like I did a great job, Nile.
There is even a log on the site from Mouse, when a rouge mind worm taught her where babies come from.

It might be gone now.

What ever happened to the rest of the crew from that time?

Do you mean PC wise, or player wise? Player wise, I don't believe Gin or Quick play anymore, neither does Sharak. I know Shattered doesn't play (and if she does she owes me a conversation!).
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.