Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Akasha was EvilRoeSlade's newbie, that's all I know. He was very proud of how awesome she turned out to be.

What the heck happened to ERS??

Akasha! Damn. I hadn't thought about her in a long time.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Long ago, there was a kuraci hostess called Bella. I always thought she was great. What happened to her? Who played her?
I ruin immershunz.

July 29, 2017, 05:51:18 PM #853 Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 06:01:33 PM by In Dreams
Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 27, 2017, 07:18:18 PMIn all honestly what did happen to Sera? Last I remember was dropping them off in Morin's.

Wow, I'm flattered anyone mentioned her!

Sera went on past her Allanaki days to live a fairly safe, quiet life of chitchatting, lounging in Luir's for a good while before retiring (being stored) to live on in an even safer, quieter life back in Morin's, hoping to find another logger to have a family with. Her VNPC (grand?)children are probably populating Morin's even now.

I could have played with her into her later years probably, but she had calmed down and adventured much less while at the same time I had much less time to play her. I never really pictured her doing dangerous things into her later years if she didn't have to, and she'd gotten to a point where she didn't.

Aside from some interesting affairs her life wasn't especially remarkable, but she was a real commoner with real commoner, regular-sane-people ways that only wanted to get by to smile and enjoy the next day. So she avoided trouble and danger every chance she got.

That's maybe not what most people play Armageddon for, but I liked what she brought to the world anyway.

I liked Sera, she was fun to be around.  I thought it would be funny to make my Bynner have a crush on her, even though he was shorter than some furniture, uglier than sin and hated northies with a passion.  I don't think Grir ever plotted to kill her, which is saying a lot.
Where it will go

Grir and his crush on Sera were hilarious! I loved playing with you too. She wound up in the oddest pairings sometimes, likely because she was such an outsider herself.

I also read about Wanderer on this thread earlier and I'd always wondered what happened to him. Always fokin fun to play with!

Fokin foker!  Wanderer.  <3
Where it will go

Quote from: In Dreams on July 29, 2017, 08:36:34 PM
Grir and his crush on Sera were hilarious! I loved playing with you too. She wound up in the oddest pairings sometimes, likely because she was such an outsider herself.

I also read about Wanderer on this thread earlier and I'd always wondered what happened to him. Always fokin fun to play with!

I basically got him killed.

And then died to the same thing myself.

Dooley (or Dooly?) played with a guy whose name started with A, who started a three-person group with her included (which died when the assassin girl quite easily bailed on us) and was one of those people folks were always waying, and he eventually died to a BUNCH of spiders around the Oash road.

I knew he was a badass and I thought he'd live forever, but nope.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I'm curious about a bunch of Blackwing!

Krenn, you hard drinking Tutan!  Did you drink yourself into a situation you couldn't get out of?
How did Mordaga die?  She died just a bit before I started playing.... waaaaaaaay back when.
Whatever happened to Achrloum's bad ass?
How did Esau finally die?
There are many more, but those top my list!
Collect as precious pearls the words of the wise and virtuous. –Abd-el-Kadar

Quote from: Majikal on September 01, 2016, 03:41:35 AM
Quote from: HavokBlue on September 01, 2016, 12:33:06 AM
@yasir lyksae

whatever happened to tithian's bathtub

lol, this sounds like a story worth telling.

Time to tell the story.

Lord Usurer Tithian Kassigarh, who was totally beloved and definitely not despised by anyone, received a giant marble bathtub as a gift from Raleris Winrothol. Tithian, being really disgustingly rich, already had one of the nicest bathrooms in Tuluk and did not need a giant marble bathtub.

Because Faithful Lord Yasir Lyksae was generally furious with Tithian at any given time for slights real or perceived, Tithian had the (very large and heavy) tub delivered to Yasir. This of course mad Yasir very mad. Almost as mad as the time Tithian sent him a pair of fine silk pantaloons.

If memory serves, Yasir had the tub deposited back in the courtyard of the Kassigarh estate, only for Tithian to gift the tub to Yasir a second time at some point near the end of playable Tuluk.

Tithian had a habit of giving his enemies very expensive gifts in the hopes that it would win some of them over, and make the others feel maybe a tinge guilty for obstructing him.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I feel like I remember being... coerced into paying for something I never asked for at least once with Tithian. Grr.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: HavokBlue on September 13, 2017, 10:07:00 PM
Quote from: Majikal on September 01, 2016, 03:41:35 AM
Quote from: HavokBlue on September 01, 2016, 12:33:06 AM
@yasir lyksae

whatever happened to tithian's bathtub

lol, this sounds like a story worth telling.

Time to tell the story.

Lord Usurer Tithian Kassigarh, who was totally beloved and definitely not despised by anyone, received a giant marble bathtub as a gift from Raleris Winrothol. Tithian, being really disgustingly rich, already had one of the nicest bathrooms in Tuluk and did not need a giant marble bathtub.

Because Faithful Lord Yasir Lyksae was generally furious with Tithian at any given time for slights real or perceived, Tithian had the (very large and heavy) tub delivered to Yasir. This of course mad Yasir very mad. Almost as mad as the time Tithian sent him a pair of fine silk pantaloons.

If memory serves, Yasir had the tub deposited back in the courtyard of the Kassigarh estate, only for Tithian to gift the tub to Yasir a second time at some point near the end of playable Tuluk.

Tithian had a habit of giving his enemies very expensive gifts in the hopes that it would win some of them over, and make the others feel maybe a tinge guilty for obstructing him.

Not sure why this made me lose my shit laughing but it did.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

If there's one thing I really miss about Tuluk, it's the subscription to subtle politics. Too bad it's not entry-level friendly.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Woah woah woah there buddy. Tithian never gave Yasir 'pantaloons', he gave Yasir 'knickerbockers'. There's a very subtle difference there. You see, knickerbockers are for the poor people and Yasir loved himself some free-flowing kilt/pteryges action anyways, so despite being silk it was taken as a slight.

Onto the bathtub, Yasir had no need for a new bathtub because his tiny templar apartment was already too full - and adding another bathtub to the seven bathing rooms I had seemed like a task of boredom. Plus, I would have had to murder a perfectly good half giant once they'd come into the Pyramid to drop off the tub - and who wants that? Besides the logistics, there was also the oddity of GIFTING A GODDAMN BATHTUB.

Yasir thought Tithian had poisoned it due to their previously ultra friendly relationship, and Tithian's malcontent ways.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 26, 2017, 11:27:45 PM
That's certainly fall under "Banging someone important." But I don't really consider her to be down during a war.

LOL! I went back and read this about Sera and I can't resist responding, however late it is.

She was definitely banging important people. A Borsail Lord, an Allanaki Templar, and a Kadian Agent were among her "important-and-banged" list.

People couldn't resist the forbidden fruit of cheerful logging northgirl.

Quote from: In Dreams on September 16, 2017, 06:41:09 PM

Some People couldn't resist the forbidden fruit of cheerful logging northgirl.
ftfy
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

September 16, 2017, 10:13:03 PM #867 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:17:18 PM by Is Friday

Personally I just get annoyed as a player about things like that. Mudsex ruins interesting plots and spawns idiotic ones.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Things like what? Banging?  It's human nature. Might as well get annoyed at people who get bored with people who never do anything, except spar.

Killing people ruins interesting plots. Pls dont do it.

Quote from: Dar on September 16, 2017, 10:23:45 PM
Things like what? Banging?  It's human nature. Might as well get annoyed at people who get bored with people who never do anything, except spar.

Not to derail with my angst musings, but I've seen a direct correlation in propensity for mudsex and "people who never do anything".

September 16, 2017, 10:39:27 PM #871 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 11:04:12 PM by In Dreams
This is quite a derail!

(Edited to just that, because I don't want to further this discussion where it doesn't belong.)

Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Quote from: Is Friday on September 16, 2017, 10:13:03 PM

Personally I just get annoyed as a player about things like that. Mudsex ruins interesting plots and spawns idiotic ones.

Zalanthan-style romance can add interest if done right, but fuck mudsex (lol). Ain't nobody got time for that!

I mean... romance led to one of the most epic betrayals I've ever pulled off. Sorry, Moraz. I'm not sorry.

Quote from: Delirium on September 16, 2017, 10:58:43 PM
Quote from: Is Friday on September 16, 2017, 10:13:03 PM

Zalanthan-style romance can add interest if done right, but fuck mudsex (lol). Ain't nobody got time for that!

I mean... romance led to one of the most epic betrayals I've ever pulled off. Sorry, Moraz. I'm not sorry.

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" - Corse
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."