Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

I was playing a stump Legionnaire at the time.  Murdle came into Tuluk and attacked the NPC guard outside the Sanctuary.  Or maybe it was an NPC templar there, I don't remember.  Anyway, NPCs and PCs alike cut him down.  I got in the killing blow.  I thought it was sort of poignant since my earlier PC, Sergeant Niall, had been so close with Murdle.

I remember Sargeant Niall. I barely remember Tuluk in any shape or form. I miss it.

Sorry if this came up before but how did bowl-cut Templar die again? The one who loved his erdlu and wanted to marry it. I never even had a clue he was that crazy.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

The IC story is that he was transferred back to Yaroch after/during Great Lord Randeth's death.

I really can't wait to learn the facts behind -that- someday.

8)

Quote from: Refugee on June 22, 2017, 09:56:08 AM
I was playing a stump Legionnaire at the time.  Murdle came into Tuluk and attacked the NPC guard outside the Sanctuary.  Or maybe it was an NPC templar there, I don't remember.  Anyway, NPCs and PCs alike cut him down.  I got in the killing blow.  I thought it was sort of poignant since my earlier PC, Sergeant Niall, had been so close with Murdle.

Torrian?

:)

I find that I often dislike stumps, or maybe just how they tend to be played?

I very much liked Torrian though.

Thanks!

Though I ranked Wisdom lowest at chargen, he ended up having the highest wisdom ranking of any PC I've ever had (above average).  So I figured he needed to be played uniquely.

Quote from: Refugee on June 24, 2017, 01:00:56 PM
The IC story is that he was transferred back to Yaroch.

That's what happened.  He and Alme even had a fantastic little scene where Alme brought him a new erdlu (Ruby!) and said goodbye to him in Yaroch. Tears were shed (by me).

OOC, I stored (nobody made me) because I didn't know where else to take the character. I felt he had been backed into a corner by events.  Balthazar was a ruined man, politically speaking. His continued activity in Allanak would have jeopardized Alisima's career, and he'd always promised her that he'd never get in her way. I'll admit I was also a little fatigued and demoralized by my interactions with clan staff at the time. So, I was happy to call an end to the tale for all these reasons.

No regrets, other than the fact that players didn't kill him.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on June 24, 2017, 09:55:46 PM

No regrets, other than the fact that players didn't kill him.

I regret that too  :P

Balthazar is one of my favorite Templars of all times. You did a fantastic job with him.
I ruin immershunz.

Balthazar you are one of the craziest mother fuckers I've ever met and seen.
Your diaries are even more crazy.

I love i t.

I'm proud I kicked off this thread. My child grows steadily.

*claps on own shoulder'
Quote from: nauta on February 23, 2015, 04:50:18 PM
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.

If life gives you lemons, open a lemonade stand untill you make millions, invest into weapons and go to war.

Quote from: mirk_o_loio on July 08, 2017, 02:47:25 PM
I'm proud I kicked off this thread. My child grows steadily.

*claps on own shoulder'

Child? This is a monstrosity. What have you done!

Quote from: Dar on June 16, 2017, 11:15:47 PM
Quote from: Riev on June 16, 2017, 01:24:52 PM
Whatever happened to the Guild Leader that Ratface took OVER for? The wide shouldered one that said " fokin' " all the goddamned time?

Apparently, as with all things, I came in right at the end of a really awesome crew of people, and I wasn't "in the know" enough to figure out what actually happened with them all. Just that they died, and I was left with nothing.

I still facepalm myself when I remember what happened to Wanderer and his uhh companions.

Was fokin bad fokin luck, for fokin sure.  Fok.

Quote from: Olafson on July 09, 2017, 10:08:34 PM
Whatever happened to the Guild Leader that Ratface took OVER for? The wide shouldered one that said " fokin' " all the goddamned time?

Apparently, as with all things, I came in right at the end of a really awesome crew of people, and I wasn't "in the know" enough to figure out what actually happened with them all. Just that they died, and I was left with nothing.

I still facepalm myself when I remember what happened to Wanderer and his uhh companions.

I died right after you did, man. I could've probably escaped, but ... I was in a bit of a shock. I think if the three of us didnt die, we'd probably be ruling Allanak right now. Tektolnes can go suck a pipe.

Quote from: Dar on July 09, 2017, 11:22:22 PM
Quote from: Olafson on July 09, 2017, 10:08:34 PM

I died right after you did, man. I could've probably escaped, but ... I was in a bit of a shock. I think if the three of us didnt die, we'd probably be ruling Allanak right now. Tektolnes can go suck a pipe.

Since this is past a year...

I figured you did...what sucked is he was blinded...if he hadn't been blinded, he would have killed all the kryl (I think there were three).  I have to say, you two deserved to die, you were being greedy.  Wanderer did not.

I was stunned when he died.  He was pretty much maxxed and absolutely awesome.  Then of course, a month later, they added more to his "type" of character (or perhaps I'm remembering wrong).

I've had some pretty memorable characters in my long, long time on Arm.  Can't even remember them all, Lawrence, Othes, Brethel, Dealer, Russ, Dune, but he might have been my favourite.  Almost 25 years of characters.

From being in the Byn and being a pain in the ass, to manifesting years later.  His jealousy of his rinthi love, who was pretending not to be rinthi, betrayal of that group (you all know who you are *cough* Kankfly *cough*), killing that Hostess in broad daylight for a certain House and the flight, the play of the Templars with his guild persona, the development of that small group,  all up to those three kryl, we had really bad luck there.  Just before we had the gith in our heads too.  That group could have done some damage.

I love letting characters build their own history, and he definitely did.  Did he fokin ever!

Man he was fun.  Too fun, was hard to get into the flow again.

Sorry he left Ratface in a bad position, he really had no choice.  It really seems to be a trend in the Guild.  Wanderer was pretty much left in charge because Blue's player had a hiatus.  Love playing in the Guild, but its hard sometimes to get continuation because people die off so much.

That group betrayal.

The events leading up to that PC's death was awesome. I love it. I don't remember if I kudoed the people involved for it. But you guys were absolutely awesome. You all know who you are.
I ruin immershunz.

Quote from: Jihelu on June 26, 2017, 11:01:12 AM
Balthazar you are one of the craziest mother fuckers I've ever met and seen.
Your diaries are even more crazy.

I love i t.

Whaaat? Balthazar's Holy Memoirs and Texts still exist?

I am so happy. I thought for sure Beikon would have fucking burned that shit lol.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I don't remember if I asked this but whatever happened to Chosen Lord Darrsul?  Did the player really store him?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Anyone know who played Byn Sergeants Akasha or Marouk back somewhere around 2001?
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I played Sergeant Marook.   That was a long time ago.  The Byn was a hot spot around that time.
I'd rather be lucky than good.

Well done. Well done. It was my first deep byn experience.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I can't remember who played Akasha but I enjoyed interacting with the sergeant.  I still remember her death in the canyons west of the Nak. 
I'd rather be lucky than good.

Quote from: Cowboy on July 16, 2017, 01:15:30 PM
I can't remember who played Akasha but I enjoyed interacting with the sergeant.  I still remember her death in the canyons west of the Nak.

Not 100%, but my hazy memory wants to say it was Gimfalisette.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Akasha was before Gimf's time.  We're talking like... 2003?