Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: Refugee on May 03, 2017, 01:01:39 PM
Someday I'll share more, but I just want to add to the accolades. Valorisk+Alisima+Balthazar... Holy shit you guys.  Thank you for the amazing fun.   

Also Alme and Ratface...someone did think it was possible and was hunting.

It wasn't totally a "This couldn't ever possibly have happened" but there was a weak link for motive. Ratface was just a poor 'rinthi who got put in charge of something he didn't have the balls to control.

If Alme HAD gotten pinned for the whole thing? Oh man would I have OOCly felt terrible.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

LauraMars and I have put together the follow up scene to the one LargeHero shared. All of our own POVs are color coded for you. Balthazar is in green, and Alisima is in purple. Enjoy!

Reaching to take his hand and lead him deeper into the estate, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "I've been meaning to ask. Do you only eat that which the Highlord provides you with?"

Allowing his hand to be taken as he follows her, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "Yes."

Grand Dining Hall [E, S, W, Save]

[/color](The whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen trails the fingers of her free hand through a stone fountain.)

A Marble Staircase [E, W, U, Save]

[/color]As she leads him up the stairs, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Why? Our food is perfectly wonderful."

Top of the Staircase [N, E, W, D, Save]

A Wide Hallway [E, S, W, Save]

(Stationed partially behind the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, the sallow, bowl-shorn templar frowns, though the expression is not much different from his normal one.)

Alisima unlocks and opens the door.

An Elegant Bedroom [E, W, Quit, Save]

[/color]Behind them, Alisima closes and locks the door.

Alisima thinks:
     "I do hope I'm not putting my room into danger with this."

As the door is shut, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "I feel the act of nourishing my body with the Highlord's bounty brings me closer to His Will."

Clearly considering that as she crosses the room, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "I see. I can understand that. What else brings you closer to his will?"

Alisima unlocks and opens the balcony door.

A Small Balcony [E, S, Save]
   Carved entirely out of white alabaster, this balcony juts out
prominently from the main building.  The railing, made out of a rare white
marble, gradually curves its way around the second level of the estate. 
   From this height, it is possible to see the dusty bazaar to the west, and
the stadium far off to the southwest. 
An elegant azure and black floral arrangement rests here.
A gracefully woven agafari basket swing hangs here.
The sallow, bowl-shorn templar has arrived from the east.

[/color]As she walks over to the edge of the balcony, you close your amber-clasped azure silk shoulder bag.

As he trails her through the fine room and out onto the balcony, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "Meditation."

Curling her fingers around the balustrade as she looks out over the city beyond, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "I've never tried meditating. It requires being still for too long."

As he frowns at the heat-hazed city skyline that sprawls out to the west, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "It is one of the few things that I feel I can do well."

(The whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen seems to clench the railing momentarily, her knuckles turning white.)

(The sallow, bowl-shorn templar seems oblivious to your tension, just looking out at the view from the opulent location.)

Stepping away from the edge and turning to watch him instead now, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "What else do you do well?"

Alisima thinks:
     "there isn't going to be a single good lead into this conversation"

Alisima thinks:
     "it's going to be horrible and awkward and painful the whole way through"

Alisima feels a little worried that his temper may turn on you.

With a glance at the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, and a self deprecating smile that contorts his unlovely features, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "Kill people, perhaps. But I would be more interested in your answer to that question, Lady."

Arching a brow at him, seeming more than a little surprised by the turnabout in questioning, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Me? Oh, a number of things to varying degrees, I suppose. I'm good with plans, with people generally, with seeing potential in a person"

Running her fingers lightly along her hair as though to check for any strays that may have escaped her bun, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "I do hope more will present themselves as I get older."

(The sallow, bowl-shorn templar's gaze flicks to your fingers as they play with your hair.)

Alisima thinks:
     "bluntly, or gently?"

Feeling uneasy, Balthazar thinks:
     "Those are not leaves I see, growing up through her fingers - they are simply strands of hair."

Alisima thinks:
     "is there any way to be gentle?"

Pursing her lips with indecision the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen huffs out a soft breath.

After a momentary silence, in which he simply looks at her, Balthazar  says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "I have little doubt of it."

Balthazar thinks:
     "Simply strands of hair. Simply strands of hair."

Trying her best for a gentle tone despite her blunt words, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Balthazar, I'm sorry, there's no easy way to say this. You can't marry Sapphire."

Balthazar feels incredibly surprised.

(The sallow, bowl-shorn templar looks rather dumbfounded at your words.)

(The whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen's tone is really quite firm for all its gentleness.)

Taking a step back from her, Balthazar exclaims to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "How - how did you know of that, my Lady? That was meant to be a surprise to all the city!"

With the blind obstinacy of the mad or very foolish, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "Also, certainly I can. It is meant to be."

Keeping her voice as soothing as possible, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Do you trust me, Balthazar? Do you like me at all? Believe that I am smart and make sense?"

Alisima feels like you aren't certain this was the best direction to take, but you're committed now.

Seeming quite baffled, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "But of course. Yours is one of the finest minds in all of Allanak. I am sure you will be the Oash Senator - or whatever else your heart desires - if only you --"

The whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen seems to wait to see if there's more forthcoming.

Taking another step backwards, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "Well, if only the rest of the city will see that...er..."

His brows beginning to lower as he peers at her, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "I cannot think how you learned of this matter."

Extending both of her hands, palm up, to him, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "If you trust me and believe in me, then please take my words to heart. You cannot marry Sapphire. Not if you wish to retain any semblance of command of this city."

Ever so gently, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "I am thinking of you, Balthazar. You cannot rule through fear when you are the laughingstock of the city. Reputation matters, and you will ruin yours."

Spluttering out a few arguments, Balthazar asks the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "But Alisima! That - she is necessary to my...health. This seems quite obvious to me. Who would dare gainsay it?"

Balthazar feels angry.

Lifting her jaw imperiously, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "I could gainsay it. You want me to order you about, no? I have taken great care with that offer, and have done nothing to harm you. You have not climbed the steel dragon naked and painted purple."

(The sallow, bowl-shorn templar's fingers, half-shrouded in the silk sleeves of his robe, begin to curl into fists at his sides.)

Gentling her tone again, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Instead, I ask you to reconsider."

The heat normally reserved for naughty commoners beginning to bleed into his tone, as he steps forward to take back the space gained in retreat, Balthazar asks the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "You would interfere with my marriage, Lady Oash?"

Balthazar feels his temper start to quicken.

Softly, her voice laced with regret as she takes a step closer to him, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "You cannot marry a bird, Balthazar. She is unable to sign a contract. Please come back to yourself now."

Alisima feels afraid.

Grinding his teeth, his features reddening, his hands fisted tight, Balthazar exclaims to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "She is not just a bird!"

Balthazar feels defensive of Sapphire.

Soothingly, with every outward appearance of being calm, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "You're right, of course. I'd prefer not to be beaten by you this day. Can you calm yourself?"

Bellowing out in frustration at the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, with every appearance of being not calm, Balthazar shouts in sirihish:
     "I would never beat you!"

Balthazar feels insulted at the very idea.

(Hiding her hand in the folds of her cloak, the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen digs her fingernails into the flesh of her palm.)

Beginning to laugh an uneven, mad laugh as he rakes both hands through his hair, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "Ahah. Hah. That is - the very suggestion, Lady. Quite upsetting."

Leveling a bland look at him, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "And yet you are quickly losing control of your temper."

Alisima feels quite afraid, despite his protestations.

With a dark mutter, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "You are disparaging Sapphire. I daresay that would unbalance anyone."

Slowly taking another step toward him, closing the distance between them by half, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "I apologize. I am not trying to disparage her. But the point remains that you cannot marry her."

His grey eyes glazed with a lunatic's fervent belief as he begins to talk VERY quickly, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "But I need her! She is not just a bird, Alisima, I - I -I-I begin to see now that you may find this strange, but she is not just a bird..."

Offering her hand to him once again, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Then tell me about her, Balthazar."

Alisima feels deeply uncertain about all this.

Clenching and unclenching his free fist, as the other clasps hers, licking his lips repeatedly, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "When I look upon her, she is - there is nothing there but her, she is not anything she should not be."

Closing her fingers around his, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "And what do you see when you look at me?"

Alisima feels like you would rather not know the answer to that.

Alisima thinks:
     "If he compares me to that BIRD, I might just wallop him."

Alisima feels like it is QUITE a lot of effort to keep your calm here.

Shaking out his fist and reaching it to touch a strand of her hair that had escaped her bun, a regretful smile twisting his thin lips, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "You are...one of my lovelier hallucinations."

Frowning slightly at that, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "I am a hallucination?"

(The sallow, bowl-shorn templar grinds his teeth.)

Alisima feels so terribly confused.

His fingers tightening in her grasp, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "I...don't think so. But your face changes, things are not always...quite right."

With a coaxing smile at her, Balthazar asks the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "It is hard to describe. Alisima...let me marry Sapphire. I am sure it will fix all that is wrong with my sight. Will you truly stand between us?"

Balthazar feels his control over the situation rapidly escaping his grasp.

Shaking her head, her expression filled with sadness, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "You cannot, Balthazar. It would ruin you. It would ruin me, too. Do you wish to hurt me that way?"

Alisima feels so bad for this terribly unstable man.

Balthazar feels stunned.

(The sallow, bowl-shorn templar's homely features look as stunned as they ever have.)

Seeming far more interested in the latter half of her statement, Balthazar asks the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "-Ruin- you? Why should it?"

Alisima thinks:
     "Oooh, I might have gotten him with that one."

Closing the distance between them until she stands a mere hand's breadth away, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "You think Vallie is the only person who believes we are sleeping together? He's not. Our reputations are linked, whether we are or not. Would you then throw me over for what people will see as a bird, though you know differently?"

Alisima thinks:
     "A BIRD!!!!!"

( A variety of emotions play across the sallow, bowl-shorn templar's features at the conclusion of your speech: frustration, lunacy, sadness, despair, and ultimately, anger.)

Gently, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Alveron asks me how you are. Commoners speak our names together. I have asked you to act on behalf of me and my House. We are intertwined, Balthazar."

Balthazar thinks:
     "Sapphire, no!"

(The whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen never once moves her gaze from the sallow, bowl-shorn templar's face.)

With a sudden, explosive exhale of breath as he yanks his hand from her grip and claps both of his hands around her upper arms, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "Then -you- must marry me."

Starting in surprise but making no move to break free, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Why?"

(The whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen trembles lightly in the sallow, bowl-shorn templar's hands.)

Feeling not terribly certain at all, Alisima thinks:
     "He won't hurt you, he won't hurt you, he won't hurt you."

His unromantic proposal continuing, his big soldier's hands clenching her biceps more tightly, Balthazar asks the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "You are all I can stand to look on, besides Sapphire. If your hair is vines half the time, if your lips are petals, what of it?"

Alisima feels your arms begin to bruise where he grips them.

With a soft intake of breath, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Vines? My hair is vines?"

Alisima feels like that was a very foolish thing to say.

With a few unhinged laughs, ignoring her question, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "It isn't so bad. Perhaps it won't get worse. You are still not as bad as -- and the things you say are somehow always true, despite everything."

(The whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen winces ever so slightly as the sallow, bowl-shorn templar laughs, his fingers continuing to dig into her upper arms.)

(Gritting his teeth, the sallow, bowl-shorn templar forces his fingers to loosen their grip.)

Watching him still, without moving, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Not as bad as... what?"

May 03, 2017, 07:27:46 PM #702 Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 07:34:30 PM by Zenith
.... continued.

Wrenching his hands away from her upper arms and turning to grip the balcony rail, looking out at the city that tumbles to the western horizon, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "The rest of it. "

(The whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen catches her breath a moment and closes her eyes as the sallow, bowl-shorn templar releases her and turns away.)

Resolutely, as if aware of how grimly unpleasant a prospect it is, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "Marry me. "

Stepping up beside him, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "I am not in charge of my own marriage, Balthazar. You know that as well as I."

Balthazar thinks:
     "Sapphire, I won't forsake you. Perhaps a private ceremony."

Sounding quite angry, his hands white-knuckled as they grip the rail, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "Then take me to someone who is. I promise you, a moment's conversation will be all that is needed."

Stating it without emotion, as if it is simple fact, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "I will likely be married to an ambitious cousin, or perhaps a Valika to better secure the position of House Oash. I imagine I will remain an Oash, either way."

Balthazar feels his thoughts linger on the bag in his pack.

Turning to look at him once again, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "More than a moment's conversation is needed, Balthazar. My House will not marry me without political gain."

Alisima thinks:
     "Thank the Highlord for that."

The gradually rising sun sending the long shadow of the Oashi mansion stretching like a giant's hand across the city, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "I - will do what I must, then. Whatever I must."

Leaning his weight upon his hands as he turns a glare upon her, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "Whoever I must truckle to, whatever rings I must kiss, any letters that must be written."

Gently, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Start by calming your mind, Balthazar."

Offering a poor facsimile of a smile as she reaches to gently trace her fingertips across his jaw, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "You're worrying me."

Alisima thinks:
     "very much, in fact."

(The skin of the sallow, bowl-shorn templar's jaw twitches involuntarily at the touch of your fingers.)

Taking a steadying breath, prying his fingers off the rail, Balthazar asks the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "Am I?"

Balthazar feels his pulse pound in his ears.

As she brushes her thumb across his cheekbone now, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Yes."

Balthazar feels compelled to smash and destroy something.

Feeling barely in control of himself, Balthazar thinks:
     "No, no. You will frighten her."

His wire-tense stance loosening a fraction with every breath, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "Then you must tell me how to stop doing so."

Balthazar feels unsure as to why, exactly, he is frightening Alisima.

Slowly dropping her hand from his face, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Is my hair vines at the moment?"

(The sallow, bowl-shorn templar rakes a rather clinical glance across your face and hair.)

Feeling your attention wander momentarily, Alisima thinks:
     "I wonder if creatures of Vivadu are made of plant life?"

Turning from the rail to look at her more fully, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "No. Not at the moment."

Continuing to watch him quite closely, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Would it soothe you to let it down for me?"

Some hint of wry pragmatism bleeding into his tone, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "My Lady, it's impossible to say."

Reaching up a hand to catch the single stray strand of hair dangling at the side of her face between his fingers, you ask the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "How can you stand to look at me?"

Balthazar feels hopelessly angsty!

Holding perfectly still as he toys with her hair, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Why should I be unable to?"

Smoothing the lock behind her ear, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "I am half convinced you're not real, most of the time."

With a hint of a smile, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "I assure you I'm quite real. Are all your hallucinations so solid?"

Alisima thinks:
     "maybe the walls are what he thinks are other things?"

Alisima feels like you have no idea what to do with the fact that your hair is sometimes vines.

Seeming unable to stop his fingers from traveling further into her hair, seeking some sort of fastener or pin, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "I am...uncouth. I am poor company. My face is hardly a joy to behold. There is also the issue at hand."

Alisima feels more curious than disturbed.

Turning her head enough so that the pins in her bun are easier to reach, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Yes. Do you think I need only sweet, beautiful things in my life? That I am so shallow? You are a thousand times more interesting than the rest of them."

Feeling honest, Alisima thinks:
     "Because you're fucking mad beyond compare, but it's still interesting."

As he coughs out a completely sane laugh, extracting a pair of pins from the voluminous confines of her bun, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "More interesting. Hah. "

Her lips curving into an affectionate smile, Alisima says to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "It's the simple truth, even if the reasons behind it are anything but. You make me very curious, and in some ways I wish to help and protect you."

(The whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen's bun begins to droop as the sallow, bowl-shorn templar pulls out pins.)

His amusement holding a bitter edge, sliding out another pin, laying the discards atop the railing, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "Protection."

Balthazar feels like laughing hysterically, if it wouldn't further worry her.

Her completely serious gaze finding his, Alisima asks the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, in sirihish:
     "Would you rather I stop?"

Feeling the grating see-saw of city politics grinding away at his mind, his failure of sobriety yanking at his ankles like a silt horror's tentacles, Balthazar thinks:
     "I would go back to Yaroch if I could."

Feeling oddly vehement about it, Alisima thinks:
     "you're MINE"

As her hair tumbles down her back, the last pin causing it to give way, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "No."

As her hair falls free, the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen lets her eyes briefly fall closed and sighs with enjoyment.

Alisima feels wonderful when your hair falls free.

Sinking both of his hands into her mass of hair, fingertips massaging her scalp, Balthazar whispers to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen in sirihish:
     "Lisi."

Alisima feels your scalp tingle pleasurably.

As she opens her eyes to look at the sallow, bowl-shorn templar, the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen smiles very much like a well-fed quirri.

Balthazar feels the smell of her hair enter his nostrils.

Grasping the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen's shoulders, the sallow, bowl-shorn templar turns her gently around, facing her towards the city and her back towards his chest.

Looking out over the city as she leans back against him, seeming much more relaxed than before, Alisima whispers to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar in sirihish:
     "You're mine, Balthazar. I'll paint it on your chest if you need reminding, but you're mine. I protect what's mine."

The sallow, bowl-shorn templar runs his fingers through the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen's hair, exhaling a sigh that ruffles the back of her loosened locks.

Alisima thinks:
     "My Templar. My Aide. My Circle. Mine. My City."

Balthazar thinks:
     "You can't protect me from everything."

Alisima thinks:
     "even if I have to protect you from yourself."

Instead of responding, the sallow, bowl-shorn templar drops a kiss onto the top of the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen's head and curls his arms around her waist, hugging her close against him.

Alisima thinks:
     "what the fuck am I going to do with you?"

(Breathing in, the sallow, bowl-shorn templar draws the scent of your hair through his nostrils.)

The whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen crosses her arms over the sallow, bowl-shorn templar's, seeming perfectly content to simply stand there.

Hesitantly, hopefully bringing it up, still holding her close, Balthazar whispers to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen in sirihish:
     "Perhaps - Sapphire and I - could have a private ceremony?"

Alisima feels that moment ended with a splash of cold water.

Balthazar feels like he's only partially joking.

(There is an element of humor in the sallow, bowl-shorn templar's voice - though he doesn't seem to be wholly joking, either.)

Not turning her gaze from the city stretched out before her, Alisima whispers to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar in sirihish:
     "Can you explain to me why you need to marry? Either Sapphire or myself?"

Alisima thinks:
     "I cannot believe I am on par with an Erdlu."

Alisima feels rather offended by that.

Unwinding one arm from around her to begin stroking her head and hair once more, Balthazar whispers to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen in sirihish:
     "I simply can't escape the notion that it would somehow help. Perhaps the Highlord is telling me to do it."

Leaning just a touch over the railing to allow better access to her hair, Alisima whispers to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar in sirihish:
     "I doubt the Highlord would be pleased by one of his servants taking a marriage contract so lightly, actually. Imagine how the Houses would react."

His head-massaging hand pausing mid-stroke, you whisper to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen in sirihish:
     "I don't take it lightly! I take it very seriously."

The whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen shifts, turning in the sallow, bowl-shorn templar's arm until she's facing him, her back to the railing.

The sallow, bowl-shorn templar frowns at the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen as her position shifts. He does look very serious.

Her words gentle but firm, Alisima whispers to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar in sirihish:
     "I am certain you do, but you must see how it would appear to be otherwise."

Smoothing loose locks of her hair back behind her ears, Balthazar whispers to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen in sirihish:
     "I'm taking your word for it."

Balthazar thinks:
     "For now."

Ball of his thumb tracing her lower lip, Balthazar whispers to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen in sirihish:
     "And I don't want to hurt you."

Sighing as she rests her chin on his shoulder, Alisima whispers to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar in sirihish:
     "Tell me more about what is going on in your head? If I know more, perhaps I can help."

Resting his cheek atop her head, Balthazar whispers to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen in sirihish:
     "Perhaps later, my Lady. Will I ease your mind if I promise not to marry Sapphire until you tell me I may?"

Alisima feels MUCH better about that.

Satisfaction coloring her tone, Alisima whispers to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar in sirihish:
     "Very much so, yes."

Giving her a firm squeeze, Balthazar whispers to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen in sirihish:
     "Very well, then. I promise I shall not marry Sapphire until you tell me I may."

Alisima thinks:
     "that is not ever going to happen."

Amending the very promise he just promised, Balthazar whispers to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen in sirihish:
     "Or unless the Highlord Himself tells me I must do it. You have to admit, I couldn't argue with that sort of thing."

Alisima thinks:
     "THAT is not ever going to happen, either."

Snuggling closer as she is squeezed, Alisima whispers to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar in sirihish:
     "Alright. If the Highlord himself tells you to marry Sapphire, you may. HOWEVER, you must have one witness who can tell me it truly happened and was not a hallucination."

Balthazar feels frustrated.

Balthazar thinks:
     "Although, Sapphire would be a witness."

With a nod against her head, petting her hair with steady strokes, Balthazar whispers to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen in sirihish:
     "It shall be as you say. But, Lisi - I still do not know how you found out!"

Relaxing into him as he begins to stroke her hair again, Alisima whispers to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar in sirihish:
     "I forced it out of Alme. He mentioned something about the wedding and I made him tell me."

You contact the short, pech-haired man with the Way.

A frown in his voice, Balthazar whispers to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen in sirihish:
     "Oh."

Alisima sends a telepathic message to the short, pech-haired man:
     "I just told Balthazar that I forced the information about the wedding from you after you mentioned it. I am told I have a very intimidating stare if he asks for details."

Balthazar thinks:
     "Under the circumstances, I suppose she will advise me not to punish him. Still, I hope he is not as free with all my secrets."

Lightly, Alisima whispers to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar in sirihish:
     "You left me very curious.
"

Inscrutably, Balthazar whispers to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen in sirihish:
     "Hmm."

Reluctantly, the sallow, bowl-shorn templar takes a step back from the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen.

Meeting her gaze as he puts a bit of space between them, Balthazar says to the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen, in sirihish:
     "I should go. People have been bursting through my mind wall all day."

Balthazar thinks:
     "I must also apologize to Sapphire."

*And they exit, with no more meaningful interaction*

Er, sorry. I missed a few color changes. I'm on my iPad, so we can blame that.

May 03, 2017, 07:47:26 PM #704 Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 07:51:38 PM by Large Hero
That was a fun read! Thanks. Alme debated telling Alisima, because he wasn't sure how close she and Balthazar actually were; if Alisima secretly hated him, she could really ruin him with the Sapphire wedding knowledge, for instance. But he couldn't just ask Balthazar if he trusted Alisima. You couldn't just ask Balthazar simple questions. You had to dance around him - if you were too direct and blunt, he was liable to flip out on you.

But he also knew he had no chance of changing Balthazar's mind himself, given that he was only a peasant in Balthazar's eyes. Telling her was a gamble. It turned out to be one of the best decisions he made.

I have so many more great logs from that time period. One of the Golden Ages of Armageddon for me, to be sure.
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

QuoteLooking out over the city as she leans back against him, seeming much more relaxed than before, Alisima whispers to the sallow, bowl-shorn templar in sirihish:
     "You're mine, Balthazar. I'll paint it on your chest if you need reminding, but you're mine. I protect what's mine."

The sallow, bowl-shorn templar runs his fingers through the whip-thin, kanjel-eyed teen's hair, exhaling a sigh that ruffles the back of her loosened locks.

Alisima thinks:
     "My Templar. My Aide. My Circle. Mine. My City."

Balthazar thinks:
     "You can't protect me from everything."

Alisima thinks:
     "even if I have to protect you from yourself."

oh my heart

I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU MY LADY

Kinda tempted to kill you all with feels by posting Balthazar's goodbye letter to Alisima in this thread but I don't want to test people's patience.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

While I love this thread (it's probably one of my favourites and I -really- hope it never gets locked) I do wish some people over the last two pages would be a bit more mindful of what they share and how it may affect people still in game.

Balthazar: You crazy mother fucker. You write like a mad man ic. You were nuts as well. I interacted with you once, and it was absolutely amazing. I forget if I threw kudos your way.

Also, I'm so sorry what happened to Sapphire.

Me and a guy, he is long stored, were planning on giving you an erdlu painted silver. It was going to be hilarious.

I forget if he decided not to do it because of morale reasons, or because he thought you would break his neck.

Maybe both.

Alisima: Fucking lul, I love your character. Everytime I played with your character they felt natural and like an actual person, not that most times I interact with people I don't feel them come alive.

May 04, 2017, 06:35:54 AM #708 Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:19:05 AM by Chettaman
Quote from: WithSprinkles on May 03, 2017, 10:19:38 AM
Aww, you were Big Bush? (hug with hearts) I loved that character!
I loved her more.
Get this. and ... it gets weird.

Love, Cleaver Girl and Antiocke too. Also The Fallen Spear. Nuway, if anyone remembers that guy I can't believe survived for so long.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

May 04, 2017, 06:54:47 AM #709 Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:02:42 AM by Chettaman
Quote from: a french mans shirt on December 17, 2016, 05:32:53 AM
I had the lavender-haired half-elf once. I forgot her name. Her eyes were somewhat shaped like an elf's, with a black-blue color, but the rest of her looked human.

She was a pickpocket/stonecrafter and spent 99% of her time conversing with people in a disjointed way that was totally disconnected from reality. Like Silteye's sister basically, I played her too. I remember one thing Pearl/Pasheen said, that (something something something) and the sky wouldn't stop bleeding.

The half-elf herself died up in Tuluk despite being a 'naki to using kick by accident in a tavern brawl in whatever the cheap tavern was called. Someone said ooc: I would suggest running. Good times.

You!! I've been searching for you my whole life!
You were the mad woman my character, Drov swore to protect like his little sister. ... I think... after you got into some trouble with guards in allanak or something.
I was just on the verge of using rescue and killing every guard in tuluk... when I heard the ding. That crazy breed got tattooed on his back with the rest of his life with a big smile and wild eyes.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: a french mans shirt on November 23, 2016, 06:47:42 AM
Did Jarls die of boredom in Storm after killing all those people?

Jarls lived for fucking ever, did a bunch of stuff, then I quit the game for a while and ended up storing him when I came back cause he was a million years old.

Quote from: alpha on May 06, 2017, 12:24:28 AM
Quote from: a french mans shirt on November 23, 2016, 06:47:42 AM
Did Jarls die of boredom in Storm after killing all those people?

Jarls lived for fucking ever, did a bunch of stuff, then I quit the game for a while and ended up storing him when I came back cause he was a million years old.

Didn't he like literally live in Kolo's closet for a while? I forget.
And I am catching up, and I am seeing red
How about I prove I'm right and raise it overhead?

I think he did, yep.

Notable accomplishments besides murdering a bunch of people included:

Scoring permanently wanted in Allanak, Tuluk, and probably Luir's
Keeping a skeleton from a victim in his house to talk to because he was lonely
Sneaking into Nak anyway because Storm was boring
Working for the blue-robes while also being ostensibly wanted to be served a death sentence
Living through the deaths of like ten lovers and probably all of his enemies

etc.

Kolo was awesome! All the people I played with I really had fun with - thanks you guys. I hope nobody's salty that they didn't get to kill him. That character expected assassins coming until the day he stored.

You: A half-giant called Boots
Me: A half-giant who loved the color purple

We met, you bought me purple things, we shared the most awkward kiss in the history of Armageddon.

We could have been unstoppable.

And then you died. Possibly to a Mek.

Signed,
A girl who couldn't keep her boots

Quote from: tiptoe on May 07, 2017, 12:29:16 AM

We met, you bought me purple things, we shared the most awkward kiss in the history of Armageddon.

Signed,

...that was beautiful.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Signed,

..Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
No shade and zero profit.

Signed,

I remember her - Debbie wasn't it? And the pet gurths they had that kept sneaking out into the hallway. And Boots was my hands-down favorite HG.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Boots and Albie are possibly the best half-giants I ever played with. Whatever happened to Albie?
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Fathi on May 10, 2017, 05:43:01 PM
Whatever happened to Albie?

My thoughts the same. God, I missed RPing with that big cuddly half-giant. He moved to so many different places in his lifetime.

I thought he just eventually stored.  Not sure though.

Speaking of Half-giants.  What happened to Henn after Pip died?
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

I always imagine Albie riding off into the sunset going "Mmm pies. Pies pies pies!"
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Henn died in Tuluk at the hands of a Jihaen Templar.

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on May 10, 2017, 08:26:52 PM
Speaking of Half-giants.  What happened to Henn after Pip died?

And what happened to Pip, if it's that one dwarf that I'm thinking of?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Albie was a TON of fun to play with. Seek Locke and Albie were the Biggest Best Bearded Buddies in the known! Those two together were hilarious.
A staff member sends:
     "The mind you have reached is currently unavailable.  Please try again later."