Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: Hicksville Hoochie on December 20, 2016, 07:38:23 PM
I then went on to play several sub-1 day rangers because holy crap am I bad at that class!  ;D

I also think you got to be the first AoD recruit I "interviewed" by threatening to throw off the City Wall somewhere in there.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on December 20, 2016, 10:44:00 PM
Quote from: Hicksville Hoochie on December 20, 2016, 07:38:23 PM
I then went on to play several sub-1 day rangers because holy crap am I bad at that class!  ;D

I also think you got to be the first AoD recruit I "interviewed" by threatening to throw off the City Wall somewhere in there.

;D And to think, she made it to like, 3 days before I did something unreasonably dumb!

I just figured you stored. What actually happened? Aram or something, wasn't she?

Akari, I think? (I'm bad at my own pc names!)

And she got bold about sneaking out of the city... Splat.

Quote from: Majikal on August 03, 2016, 01:14:05 PM
Quote from: Kankfly on August 03, 2016, 08:44:36 AM
Drazen's one of the best city elves I've ever encountered. I had an absolute blast playing with him. I totally owe you a kudo.

Damn straight, I also got the best ooc lol I think the game has even given me from a scene with Drazen involving the unearthing of a particular statue with sharp ears.

Templars are here
Dudes are here
the sole elf is here

one of the crowd says 'is that statue an elf?'

Templars are here.
Dudes are here.
*a strange shadow*

OMG Yes. This scene alone made the whole adventure awesome! (And it was totally awesome for so many reasons)
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

December 21, 2016, 04:17:43 AM #606 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 05:10:45 AM by Bushranger
Quote from: little chicken woman on September 10, 2016, 10:53:40 PM
I was his crazy little sister, Pearl. My real name was Pasheen. As usual, I never got into trouble or did anything of significance, but I was part of why he joined the Byn with me and thus led to his becoming sargaent and getting involved in fun things. I feel a little proud of myself for that. He also had a notion of vengeance after my death. I wonder how that turned out.

I played Sergeant Barzel 'Silteye' and he is still one of my favourite characters. Joining the T'zai Byn as a reasonably wealthy individual (even after several bricks of spice were confiscated from them) was a strange experience. I, and Barzel, absolutely adored Pasheen and as a character who was family-focused watching her die was truly terrible. He was the first to climb out of that cave/hole and ran all the way back to the skimmer without waiting for anyone else. As soon as everyone was back in Allanak he bought a keg of Oash spirits and holed up in their apartment and proceeded to drink the entire keg then passed out and spent the next two weeks moping around the apartment mourning instead of training. He then spent the next several years unsuccessfully trying to leave the T'zai Byn.

• First he convinced himself to graduate from Runner to honour Pasheen.
  • Then he had fallen in love with a fellow Trooper and stayed in for her. (She was stolen by a certain Kuraci)
  • Then he had been promoted to Sergeant and there were no reasonable prospects to replace him.

Barzel went through several failed relationships trying to replace his family. Finally he managed to leave the T'zai Byn so he could focus on avenging his sister's death when he met his death at the hands of a former Runner he had trained and kicked out of the T'zai Byn in the desert outside Red Storm. He had always thought of that particular person as something of a joke but the punch line turned out to be Barzel himself! It's a pity he couldn't contact Corra, the Whiran, when he tried as she had promised him a one time escape from certain death and he knew he needed it then.

Whatever happened to Grieves, the dastardly scoundrel who did Barzel in?
Whatever happened to Barzel's first lover (who he truly loved and wasn't trying to use to replace his lost family) Orphet/Ordo?

Also WTF happened to Trooper Salter? The willowy, slate-eyed man. The Unit went to Red Storm one time, partly training and partly so the runners/troopers could spend a days somewhere other than the Gaj, and the next morning Trooper Salter was no where to be found and no one knew (or admitted) what had happened. I always wondered about that.

Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I don't think Corra herself could have helped him at that point. She had been <redacted> by <redacted> and was completely powerless. But she did have a certain extremely powerful protector that could have, without him knowing the difference. Alas! We had plans for Silteye. What a shame.

Pasheen would play a game where she twirled repeatedly from ropes and I actually never met our eldest brother because playtimes. I find that hilarious.

I had such a cool death. How, when and where. I had wished up before having to leave about getting a cool death and was wanting to store anyway, because of that whole 'I have to store' thing I do. At least I went out well, instead of leaving my peeps to wonder what happened.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Me: A lonely rinthi breed with two tainted knives drawn, squatting on the rooftops over a headless statue of Hathor.
You: A Nilazi with a dead beetle (I think) and a few dead creatures following you into the Rinth.  You had such beautiful, long fingernails.  I shadowed you for a while, but I lost you in the bends.  Call me?  (Except I saw your body on the pile a week later.  But still: nilazi.  Call me?)

So I think this was almost exactly 2 years ago.  I was always curious about this plot/person.  (If it's still relevant, then don't call me.)
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: Bushranger on December 21, 2016, 04:17:43 AM
Whatever happened to Grieves, the dastardly scoundrel who did Barzel in?

I might be mistaken about it. But if I recall correctly, the Guild killed him for killing Silteye. I might be confusing things though. I was playing a character at the time and I caught hint that the leader of the guild liked silteye and he was recently dead. Long and behold, my character turned into an old friend of Silteye, his comrade in arms, his confidante, his best friend. Used a corpse's rep to get myself vouched in. Then I participated in the kill of the dude who did Silteye in, despite buying that guy a drink for overcoming a complicated challenge just a few rl days ago.

Pure irony of Zalanthas is I think Silteye died from terrain poisoning (from cleaning fluid) if memory serves.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Whatever happened to Holten Irofel? And Methyas Groot?
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on December 26, 2016, 02:13:13 AM
Pure irony of Zalanthas is I think Silteye died from terrain poisoning (from cleaning fluid) if memory serves.

Thinking back ... I might be confusing silteye for some Salarri Corporal warrior that got owned by shoot arrow/ride ranger. Whom the guild killed. It's been awhile ago. I forget things.

Quote from: Reiloth on December 26, 2016, 02:13:39 AM
Whatever happened to Holten Irofel? And Methyas Groot?

I vaguely remember hearing something about Holten perishing due to explosives. My PC at the time was in the Legions and I'm pretty sure it was Eunoli or a Jihaen telling me about it.

No idea about Methyas. Possibly storage as the death of Bards usually cause rumors/templarate documentation. Never saw his death mentioned anywhere. He was kind of outdoorsy IIRC, so maybe one day he didn't return from a hunt.

Methyas got summoned and pked by magickers. I believe they were pals of the Plainsman.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on December 27, 2016, 11:35:33 AM
Methyas got summoned and pked by magickers. I believe they were pals of the Plainsman.

Right, that's it. Memory's hazy (and I don't think it was documented in game either).

What happened to the indy hunter dwarf Rink(maybe eventually joined Kurac?)? I've been reading my character reports from Subagita and he's in there a LOT.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

I remember Rink. He did end up joining Kurac and becoming a pretty successful sergeant eventually. I believe he died. Nothing special, just a regular old oops while doing sergeanty things.

Whatever happened to SMuz? That guy used to post a mile a minute.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Whatever happened to Kris Kadius? Pretty sure he saved my PCs life at least twice by warning me of people that wanted me dead.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

whatever happened to a sorcerer named the Rogue Templar?

He constantly misspelled it Rouge Templar when he introduced himself, had a tattered blue templar's robe, and I think he had a black beard. He hung out with the Plainsman a lot.

Quote from: LauraMars on January 02, 2017, 02:39:32 PM

He constantly misspelled it Rouge Templar when he introduced himself, had a tattered blue templar's robe, and I think he had a black beard. He hung out with the Plainsman a lot.

Was that the Reborn Lord? I remember the Plainsman, the Reborn Lord, and Lord of Storms. Though the latter two might've been different names for the same guy? At one point though there were definitely three sorcs who all knew each other, and weren't actively trying to kill each other off.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: LauraMars on January 02, 2017, 02:39:32 PM

Oh man I remember this guy. He harassed a PC of mine who was out mining glass one day and I was a new enough player that I didn't really get how terrifying it should have been. I was sitting there like "what's with this dude" and then he started magicking and it kind of clicked "ohhh right this is bad."

There was a bony, brown-haired woman sorcerer around at the same time who IIRC was also part of Rouge Dude's entourage? If that helps? I don't remember any of their names and I didn't keep logs back then sadly.
And I am catching up, and I am seeing red
How about I prove I'm right and raise it overhead?

January 03, 2017, 07:26:59 PM #624 Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:39:56 PM by LauraMars
found a log. here's most of the folks I chilled with back then:

The bald, black-goateed man (Rouge/Rogue Templar)
The silver-haired, amber-eyed woman (Radia)
The lean, burn-scarred man (Plainsman/Donjolo)
The runty, one-eyed dwarf (Tawlin)
The pearl-haired female half-elf (Aliza)
The bald, vine-tattooed man (Enki)
The spruce, dark-fleeced man (Orpheo)

this was in April/May 2006

I think I know what became of all of them except Rouge Templar