Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: Barsook on November 22, 2016, 05:59:14 PM
We have logs of him and the play somewhere?

Speaking of which, what happened to that player/character who referenced that play in the last bardic contest in Tuluk before the city closed for play?

Alas, they are on a computer long dead. Cammul's fat presence must only live on in memory. But he predated Dragean by quite a few years, and somehow they happened to do the same things (ride around on Ratlons, eat copious amounts of food in public). Go figure (I always thought he was a copycat).

Cammul later resurfaced (unstored) and returned an emaciated zealot, but not for the Sun King, but Skellebaine. He tried dosing Nobles a few times, and I think was either killed for it by the Templarate or stored again.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

November 22, 2016, 06:17:48 PM #576 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:46:22 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

November 22, 2016, 06:37:26 PM #577 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:46:15 AM by Molten Heart

-James Brown

I remember Silif. I remember wondering how long it would be until he snapped and ditched her.

Leisera was pretty unhinged by then. Silif was right about her (though evidently I didn't portray it as well as I hoped; she was supposed to be paranoid AF, not a control freak - fine line, I guess). All her plotting and scheming over the last several years of gameplay had turned around to massively bite her in the ass and she was dealing with that.

November 22, 2016, 07:45:38 PM #579 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:46:07 AM by Molten Heart

-James Brown

Hahaha, yeah Midge assumed Silif was a spy when she hired him, but she always had the philosophy that she didn't care about spies on her crew as long as they were interesting and still did their jobs. At one point she had six hunters on staff and knew three of them had been sent into Salarr by other orgs but as long as they still did work she didn't really care. The only time she ever bothered punishing a spy was when one of them stole a crossbow from someone else on the team, and even then if he'd given it back she would have said hey, take a beating and we're even. But he didn't.

I felt really bad that that PC ended up with a reputation for killing a lot of people because apart from once, every time I PKed somebody with her it was either a legitimate accident or someone who refused to accept a minor punishment for doing dumb stuff.

SPEAKING OF whatever happened to... does anyone know what happened to Khrel-Kas Kurac? With a totally different PC years later, I ended up being the one who stumbled over his body and damn I wondered what could have actually killed that guy.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Khrel... A grisly death in a locked compound room, wasn't it? I remember trying to investigate at some point because Khrel was the last one in possession of an artifact I wanted oh so badly. It might have been a staff assisted death for all I know.

Did Jarls die of boredom in Storm after killing all those people?
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Whatever happened to the "dusty" something man who would troll Torgun on a semi-annual basis? I seem to recall the first meeting being over Dusty pickpocketing some gloves or something. He threw some pocket sand in to Torgun's face (giving me a "handful of colorful sand") and ran off in a fun chase around town.

Another time, at a Kadian party in the Red's, Dusty pick-pocketed Torgun's helm out of his lap and gave it to the beggar outside.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on November 23, 2016, 02:45:30 PM
Whatever happened to the "dusty" something man who would troll Torgun on a semi-annual basis? I seem to recall the first meeting being over Dusty pickpocketing some gloves or something. He threw some pocket sand in to Torgun's face (giving me a "handful of colorful sand") and ran off in a fun chase around town.

Another time, at a Kadian party in the Red's, Dusty pick-pocketed Torgun's helm out of his lap and gave it to the beggar outside.

Already this man deserves an award.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on November 23, 2016, 02:45:30 PM

He trolled Djabe too.  ;D Probably got stored when his pranks no longer amused the player. At least that's my guess.

November 23, 2016, 08:29:46 PM #586 Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 09:04:05 PM by tortall
Quote from: Barsook on August 16, 2016, 09:15:03 PM
What happened to Merchant Ita of Salarr?

Is it bad I went through here just to see if I was mentioned?

Basically I got a full time job and a boyfriend, who is now husband, and didn't play as much but since I wasn't a sponsored PC(I started her at 15 and worked my way up) they couldn't force store me, so she was demoted to Merchant Trainee after 15 years of service. I tried playing again after that for a bit but couldn't get back in to it. I'd taken her as far as I could without turning myself into a PC shop. :-D She was eventually force stored as when I did try and come back a year and a half to two years ago I suddenly didn't have a PC at all.

Sure had some great times though!!! Set up trade arrangements with the Runners(or maybe the Soh? Or both?) to get the needed furs for those popular kyrl armor. Are kyrl still a thing? She spoke fluent allundean and bendune, and was getting pretty good at mirukkium. No, she wasn't a linguist, she picked all those up IG. Master level at everything except like tent making or something. Those that didn't work with her should know she was OBSESSED about organization. You didn't mess with her crafters hall and move things.

Of all my PCs, she's my favorite. I think because I'd been previously known as a mudsexor, but IC things happened and she wasn't interested in that. It made for a lot of other fun though.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: Taven on August 17, 2016, 12:28:03 AM
She donated a massive amount of coins to Poet's Circle (she was an Apprentice bard, I want to say Irofel).

Basically half her fortune she gave to the circle. I have it in my notes but I think it was about 60,000.

And... I think it was Irofel? Is it bad I don't actually remember? Her lack of memory for faces and names was totally all me. The only reason my other PCs remembered people was because I kept a file with sdesc and names and little notes on them.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on November 23, 2016, 08:29:46 PM

This is All I've done, and in vain, I might add. Huge ego killer.
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

Quote from: Raptor_Dan on November 26, 2016, 02:04:53 PM
Quote from: tortall on November 23, 2016, 08:29:46 PM

This is All I've done, and in vain, I might add. Huge ego killer.

I'm sure most of us did.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

I played Mallor. The Pyre wasn't being built in the Academy. It was in the courtyard outside, in front of the large double gates.

I didn't exactly die in a fire - I was killed by a fire elemental during the events that occurred around the volcano rising outside of Allanak. I've lost all of my logs and every scrap of information I had on Mallor, unfortunately.

Also, I had no metal weapon. That was a copper spear commissioned by Khem Tor at some point in my lifetime. I don't know if she got it before I died, because I can't remember if I ever saw it or not.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on December 06, 2016, 04:43:29 AM
I played Mallor. The Pyre wasn't being built in the Academy. It was in the courtyard outside, in front of the large double gates.

I didn't exactly die in a fire - I was killed by a fire elemental during the events that occurred around the volcano rising outside of Allanak. I've lost all of my logs and every scrap of information I had on Mallor, unfortunately.

Also, I had no metal weapon. That was a copper spear commissioned by Khem Tor at some point in my lifetime. I don't know if she got it before I died, because I can't remember if I ever saw it or not.

I still have all the logs I saved of Irminia's conversations with Mallor. And yeah I knew it was within the gate to the Academy from the road, but forgot that the first "room" was an outdoor courtyard. I loved making that "crematory" and acquiring the rubies and setting "arrange" descriptions for the stones to show the progress, etc. But I'm pretty sure it never got implemented, even though it was approved and "virtually" complete, needing only the slaves to finish the work (coded implementation in the room) and Minnie (or her replacement) to sign off on its completion and declare it done. That thing was magnificent. Was so sad when I found out Mallor kicked the bucket. He was awesome.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

This is really random and I doubt he even lived that long but there was an elf called Vandal that died in the Folley one fateful night and I always wondered WHAT WAS UP WITH HIM. This was maybe 2-4 years ago?

Quote from: Jingo on December 16, 2016, 02:44:59 PM
onyx-sclera'd, whip-tailed buggaboo

AKA "the Drakken from Wildstar". What ever happened to her? I always thought they were a good sport whenever my drunken Byn Sergeant would try and sell them to Borsail as exotica  :)

December 16, 2016, 06:50:37 PM #595 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 06:52:12 PM by Fathi
OK, a couple people asked in this thread and I felt up to typing a bit of it out, so here's the super abridged story of Midge, former feral bush kid turned eventual Salarr Agent.

Jik-Tanil was a tribal kid who got separated from her family at a super young age and raised herself in the bush like Mowgli. She just ran around in a loincloth and a spear for the first while I played her because 1) I was playing my first ranger!!! and 2) I wanted to try Hard Mode. After a few IC months of this, she acquired enough basic gear to interact with people, and I decided to take her into Allanak for the first time.

Apparently she wandered into Allanak just as news had broken that some Muarki had been murdered, and the first thing that happens to her is that a templar shakes her raggedy ass down and more or less accuses her of murdering the gypsy. She doesn't speak great sirihish and is terrified and just kind of gives him all her money and runs away. The templar and a noble (I want to say it was a Borsail? This was ten years ago...) corner her in the Bard's Barrel and try to press-gang her into work. Again, she is a feral just-about-nonverbal bush child.

At that point, someone in the bar mentions that a guy called Khortoc Salarr is hiring hunters. She decides to lie because maybe if she Works For Someone, they'll leave her alone. It works. She tells them she works for Salarr. The templar and noble let her go. The noble makes her hilariously sit at his table and fidget a bunch while he drinks, though. Good on that guy.

A while later, she ran into Khortoc Salarr, and broken-englishly explained that he HAD to hire her because it was IMPORTANT.

... Fast forward thirty years...

Anyway, yeah, she was a fun PC. Since she eventually became literate, there's a whole bunch of her IC journals still floating around in game, or at least they were last time I encountered some. I've thought about posting them on the Logs section but they go into some stuff that's frankly still pretty IC so I dunno.

Someone asked how she died, and again, I think it's still a little too IC to get into here, but she left Salarr under pretty hilarious circumstances.

There was this guy, Rance Kurac, who was her stoner bro, and everybody thought they were a couple, so when she got knocked up actually-by-her-mindbender-boss, they decided to pretend the baby was the Kuraci's. He drove Kurac's most expensive wagon off a cliff and got in a lot of trouble sometime around then. They tried to murder-corrupt-betray themselves out of some shit they got into. Midge really cared about being able to have a human baby because at one point in her life she got impregnated by a bug NPC and had to have grubs dug out of her. Then someone threw the grubs down a steam vent in Allanak and she felt emotionally attached to them, so after that she decided she needed a kid to help her get over the loss of her grub-children.

During all this, the House Head of Salarr offered her I think 45,000 coins and a marriage into the family if she killed this other NPC, Raital Salarr. She hated Raital's guts but in the end she couldn't kill him because he helped Khortoc the mindbender escape from some shit, and she was pretty loyal in that way.

So instead she and Rance fucked off into the desert as outlaws for a while until ~~things happened~~ and she had a really cool death. Later on a future PC of mine found what I think was the SKELETON OBJECT OF HER BABY.

That was kind of disjointed but I have sadly forgotten a lot of the details and I don't have access to my logs right now! Ask away if anyone has any specific questions.

Quote from: Fathi on December 16, 2016, 06:50:37 PM
OK, a couple people asked in this thread and I felt up to typing a bit of it out, so here's the super abridged story of Midge, former feral bush kid turned eventual Salarr Agent.

Jik-Tanil was a tribal kid who got separated from her family at a super young age and raised herself in the bush like Mowgli. She just ran around in a loincloth and a spear for the first while I played her because 1) I was playing my first ranger!!! and 2) I wanted to try Hard Mode. After a few IC months of this, she acquired enough basic gear to interact with people, and I decided to take her into Allanak for the first time.

Apparently she wandered into Allanak just as news had broken that some Muarki had been murdered, and the first thing that happens to her is that a templar shakes her raggedy ass down and more or less accuses her of murdering the gypsy. She doesn't speak great sirihish and is terrified and just kind of gives him all her money and runs away. The templar and a noble (I want to say it was a Borsail? This was ten years ago...) corner her in the Bard's Barrel and try to press-gang her into work. Again, she is a feral just-about-nonverbal bush child.

At that point, someone in the bar mentions that a guy called Khortoc Salarr is hiring hunters. She decides to lie because maybe if she Works For Someone, they'll leave her alone. It works. She tells them she works for Salarr. The templar and noble let her go. The noble makes her hilariously sit at his table and fidget a bunch while he drinks, though. Good on that guy.

A while later, she ran into Khortoc Salarr, and broken-englishly explained that he HAD to hire her because it was IMPORTANT.

... Fast forward thirty years...

Anyway, yeah, she was a fun PC. Since she eventually became literate, there's a whole bunch of her IC journals still floating around in game, or at least they were last time I encountered some. I've thought about posting them on the Logs section but they go into some stuff that's frankly still pretty IC so I dunno.

Someone asked how she died, and again, I think it's still a little too IC to get into here, but she left Salarr under pretty hilarious circumstances.

There was this guy, Rance Kurac, who was her stoner bro, and everybody thought they were a couple, so when she got knocked up actually-by-her-mindbender-boss, they decided to pretend the baby was the Kuraci's. He drove Kurac's most expensive wagon off a cliff and got in a lot of trouble sometime around then. They tried to murder-corrupt-betray themselves out of some shit they got into. Midge really cared about being able to have a human baby because at one point in her life she got impregnated by a bug NPC and had to have grubs dug out of her. Then someone threw the grubs down a steam vent in Allanak and she felt emotionally attached to them, so after that she decided she needed a kid to help her get over the loss of her grub-children.

During all this, the House Head of Salarr offered her I think 45,000 coins and a marriage into the family if she killed this other NPC, Raital Salarr. She hated Raital's guts but in the end she couldn't kill him because he helped Khortoc the mindbender escape from some shit, and she was pretty loyal in that way.

So instead she and Rance fucked off into the desert as outlaws for a while until ~~things happened~~ and she had a really cool death. Later on a future PC of mine found what I think was the SKELETON OBJECT OF HER BABY.

That was kind of disjointed but I have sadly forgotten a lot of the details and I don't have access to my logs right now! Ask away if anyone has any specific questions.

Waha. I remember logging into the nakki jail cells with a templar and a feral girl. The templar then ordered her to beat the crap out my poor pickpocket.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

HAHAHAHA I think that may have been me. She definitely brained some people in the jail cells a few times. She was horrendously badass code-wise so I'd usually just do an emote-beating and then hit someone once and disengage and that was enough.

I miss the Good/Exceptional/Egood/Exceptional life.  :-[

I had the lavender-haired half-elf once. I forgot her name. Her eyes were somewhat shaped like an elf's, with a black-blue color, but the rest of her looked human.

She was a pickpocket/stonecrafter and spent 99% of her time conversing with people in a disjointed way that was totally disconnected from reality. Like Silteye's sister basically, I played her too. I remember one thing Pearl/Pasheen said, that (something something something) and the sky wouldn't stop bleeding.

The half-elf herself died up in Tuluk despite being a 'naki to using kick by accident in a tavern brawl in whatever the cheap tavern was called. Someone said ooc: I would suggest running. Good times.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Quote from: SuchDragonWow on August 22, 2016, 07:44:47 PM
Before this thread gets hijacked, I'll put it back on the rails.  Whatever happened to Danashj?  I was playing Hurlen-da Kurac at the time and it was very early on when I wasn't sure who he was, yet.  We talked quite a lot over the Way and I think it helped me get a sense of who he was and then she just kind of vanished.  If I recall she was Koranth's aide and that was a scary spot to be.

Quote from: BadSkeelzShe survived Koranth and stored a little while later. Maybe her player can shed more light; I hope they did well in Virtual land. I always enjoyed our scenes together when I wasn't scared shitless by her boss.

I suck for not seeing this WAY sooner.  :-[

Skeelz is pretty much correct for the most part. Danashj was kind of a bumpkin to start, so the whole Aide thing was really glamorous to her (occasional backhands not included!  ;) ). When Koranth got 'reassigned', it was a bit of a shock that she didn't know how to handle too well. She had the option of serving Lyvren Oash, but considering the history between she and Koranth, was very paranoid of the idea. She decided to strike out on her own and open a teensie clothing shop in the commons.

I then went on to play several sub-1 day rangers because holy crap am I bad at that class!  ;D