Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: The Lonely Hunter on September 16, 2016, 09:24:04 PM
I played Koranth Tor, thanks for having a fond memory of him! I think he executed a few Nilazi so feel bad to admit that I'm not sure which you are speaking of. I know there was one that Koranth burned to death, that was a pretty neat scene.

I dont know who Koranth was. Probably happened on one of my breaks. But he sounds like an interesting person I would've loved to hate.

PS: Jingo, man ... damn. Too much Arm for you.

I played Koranth Tor, thanks for having a fond memory of him! I think he executed a few Nilazi so feel bad to admit that I'm not sure which you are speaking of. I know there was one that Koranth burned to death, that was a pretty neat scene.

I have a good memory of Koranth.  I played Hurlen-da Kurac, and you were my first interaction with a Templar.  Hurlen was driven to brew his own top coin whiskey, but all I had available to sell Koranth was Tarkons swill.  I remember thinking, as I handed over the cask, "Man, I'm gonna die over some swill."  When you threw the glass I laughed out loud.
Where it will go

Our fights ruled.

Quote from: Tuannon on September 16, 2016, 08:48:07 PM
Lord Mallor Tor died in a fire.

I believe the crematorium pyre was Mallor's idea, but I am not sure there was a designated cremation area, simply that it was done for particular Scorpions.

Personally my Tor dude was all down for getting cremated, but then he outlived Mallor and a few other people.

There was supposed to be a designated cremation area, that's what I'm saying. Mallor commissioned my character to make it. I designed it, and it was in the process of being build ICly (my Kadian Merchant PC brought in a bunch of onyx stones and I dropped them with ldescs to indicate slaves were building them into a thing). I had acquired the rubies necessary to do the inlay of crimson scorpions along the edges of the slab, I wrote up the mdesc, sdesc, approximate weight (flagged as immobile), value, everything. I submitted it as a mastercraft, and had received feedback. And then nothing for awhile, a few RL weeks later stuff happened and I stored. The item was never implemented even though virtually it was being worked on.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

September 17, 2016, 12:07:12 PM #504 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:09:22 PM by Feco
Quote from: Lizzie on September 17, 2016, 08:49:35 AM
Quote from: Tuannon on September 16, 2016, 08:48:07 PM
Lord Mallor Tor died in a fire.

I believe the crematorium pyre was Mallor's idea, but I am not sure there was a designated cremation area, simply that it was done for particular Scorpions.

Personally my Tor dude was all down for getting cremated, but then he outlived Mallor and a few other people.

There was supposed to be a designated cremation area, that's what I'm saying. Mallor commissioned my character to make it. I designed it, and it was in the process of being build ICly (my Kadian Merchant PC brought in a bunch of onyx stones and I dropped them with ldescs to indicate slaves were building them into a thing). I had acquired the rubies necessary to do the inlay of crimson scorpions along the edges of the slab, I wrote up the mdesc, sdesc, approximate weight (flagged as immobile), value, everything. I submitted it as a mastercraft, and had received feedback. And then nothing for awhile, a few RL weeks later stuff happened and I stored. The item was never implemented even though virtually it was being worked on.

So that was the dude with the metal weapon?  I mastercrafted that with some NPC help.  Was pretty neat.  I feel like it was made for a woman Tor, though... Eh.

Caved my PCs chest in with a hammer, while inside one of the jail cells, if that helps.  If you had been a little less careful, I might have escaped via a secret plan.  It made the scene very stressful, as I thought I had a chance the whole time.  Good times.

I operated that Nilazi almost exclusively in the city states.  I'm surprised it took as long as it did to get found.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

And this is why I'd love to see Nilazi back in game.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

September 17, 2016, 02:06:22 PM #506 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:34:07 PM by Feco
I mean, I miss Nilazi too, but that sort of stuff could have happened with just about any gicker.

What happened to "The Devourer?"
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Were you the nilazi who had the rukkian boyfriend?

That particular nilazi had a very spooky death scene.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on September 17, 2016, 04:53:32 PM
Were you the nilazi who had the rukkian boyfriend?

That particular nilazi had a very spooky death scene.

LOL

I definitely had a rukkian tagalong/lackey/co-rogue mage.  He wasn't my PC's boyfriend, but if that's what everyone thought, that'd be sort of hilarious.

The PC had every intention to start a cult, and had initially picked that Rukkian to head it.  But, he was getting paranoid that the rukkian couldn't be trusted, and was strongly considering killing him.  He had already "accidentally" gotten his friend killed.  It was while considering this that my PC got caught.  He suspected that Rukkian turned him in, until the end.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

It's certainly what my character thought, and has colored my dim view of magick RP ever since. Did he know you were a Nilazi?

Whatever the relationship, he reacted very angrily to news of your death so I killed him.

i bet he did know and he turned feco in. i bet.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Albie was boss. I wonder how he died.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Could be.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Feco on September 17, 2016, 02:06:22 PM
I mean, I miss Nilazi too, but that sort of stuff could have happened with just about any gicker.

Not sure. You mean the Nilazi elf? He was mentioned a few times when I played an Akei in '07-'08 but then I never heard about him again. Stare of Many Faces met with him a few times, but Stare's player doesn't play Arm anymore, afaik.

Quote from: Aruven on September 18, 2016, 08:05:52 AM
Quote from: Barsook on August 24, 2016, 11:39:45 AM
What about that old wizened Dasari lord back in 2012(?)?

Ryzekah?

Wrong House, guys. Ryzekah (the ashen, cerulean-eyed man) was Negean.

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Yeah, the rukkian knew.  At least, he knew my PC was something wierd.  Dunno if he had a strong idea of what Nilazi was.

If he was upset, I guess I/my PC did a better job being a potential cult leader than I or my PC thought.

Quote from: palomar on September 18, 2016, 09:28:48 AM
Quote from: Feco on September 17, 2016, 02:06:22 PM

Not sure. You mean the Nilazi elf? He was mentioned a few times when I played an Akei in '07-'08 but then I never heard about him again. Stare of Many Faces met with him a few times, but Stare's player doesn't play Arm anymore, afaik.

Nah, I was thinking of the Rinthi Mul.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Whatever happened to Hurlen Kurac? I played a PC who loved to hate him so good. Always wished we had more reasons to interact beyond the loathing but the loathing made that tough.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I stored him after a number of things I wanted to do fizzled out.  I told staff he was retiring to Red Storm, so I'd bet that's where he is.  He was enormously wealthy when I threw in the towel, so I can only imagine he'd either been mugged for his many ruby rings, or he just lived the last 25 years in luxury.
Where it will go

Quote from: Rathustra on August 03, 2016, 01:47:10 PM
Does anyone have any logs of the last heap of RPTs that happened in Tuluk? From wezertimes onward?

I've received 0 logs from these RPTs. It's been a year - hit me with the logs!

Last time I submitted a log (late last month) my request was declined because staff is not currently accepting Original Submissions.  Has that changed?  ???
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: Rathustra on September 19, 2016, 06:51:45 AM
Does anyone have any logs of the last heap of RPTs that happened in Tuluk? From wezertimes onward?

Hold onto your butt...
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: valeria on September 19, 2016, 08:29:28 AM
Last time I submitted a log (late last month) my request was declined because staff is not currently accepting Original Submissions.  Has that changed?  ???

Oops. It does seem to be the case that we currently don't have the means to properly handle original submissions. I'll make a point to look into where we are with it.

Quote from: Rathustra on September 19, 2016, 06:51:45 AM

If you don't mind an unedited version, I can send you the text of the bat RPT today.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

September 19, 2016, 11:01:30 AM #524 Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 12:19:47 PM by nauta
I have an incomplete log of the big battle at Tyn Dashra -- it starts from our entrance into the Tuluki War Camp up until an early-ish, if awesome, death during the actual battle itself.  It's clean, I can send it to whomever, whenever.  I'm sure someone who survived has a better log, however.

ETA: Ha!  Although my log explains via thinks and feels why a Faithful Lord whacks me on the back of the head in the prelude to the big battle.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago