Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Fantastic.  Just awesome.  What a concern Rath is showing for the feelings of this player to take the time to give her some closure.  Many of my PCs have been parents and it's always heartbreaking to think of the children.

Quote from: Feco on September 15, 2016, 01:15:28 PM
I should play more memorable characters.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Yam on September 15, 2016, 05:04:47 PM
Rathustra is actually the top rated staffer over on the shadowboards.

Not that it's a competition, but some guys are just THE GM.  They're always that role and it fits them like a glove, and they tend to excel a head above the rest.  That person on Arm is Rathustra.  With his imagination, he should be writing books instead of wasting away on the Internet, but hey, I bet a lot of Armers fall into that mold.
Where it will go

Quote from: Seeker on September 15, 2016, 04:46:22 PM
That is quietly stellar.  *slow clap*
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

The thing is, for every badass leader type character that everyone loves, you need five or six people like Coira and others who get shit done so said great guy or girl can get to the nitty gritty of driving mad plotz.

I wish she had of stayed around for a bit longer. When I first had Rhodran it took a while for me to get into the flow of things, and then she would been a great compliment to my other aides. Tho Flaire did not let me down.
Death is only the beginning...

Quote from: Feco on September 15, 2016, 01:15:28 PM
I should play more memorable characters.

You have.
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: Tuannon on September 16, 2016, 04:07:01 AM
The thing is, for every badass leader type character that everyone loves, you need five or six people like Coira and others who get shit done so said great guy or girl can get to the nitty gritty of driving mad plotz.

I'd say two or three.  And those two or three should have two or three more people they turn to, etc etc etc.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on September 16, 2016, 08:27:42 AM
Quote from: Tuannon on September 16, 2016, 04:07:01 AM

I'd say two or three.  And those two or three should have two or three more people they turn to, etc etc etc.

This has been an issue for me in the past, because while my PC wants to get things done, I'm sometimes in clans where I don't have anyone capable or interested in helping out and so I end up being stuck. When someone IS both of those things, I can generate a bunch of work and fun and all sorts of things.

On the main topic: Does anyone remember Corporal Kelsin, in the Tuluki Legions, circa like 2004? Rapist, abuse of power, real close with Elithan (supposedly) so he always got what he wanted? He was my first "I fucking hate you" PC and he did it so well.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Kelsin killed someone in the Heart, without an order/permission to do so, and was swiftly disposed of.

September 16, 2016, 09:06:27 AM #485 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:49:11 AM by Large Hero
Quote from: Desertman on September 15, 2016, 01:30:23 PM
Quote from: Iiyola on September 15, 2016, 12:15:11 PM

My char had a child with her in her sling who would've suffered the same fate as her mother had he not sent me a log where the child survived, by hanging in the papoose on the edge of a rock. Where he emoted a grebber finding the child and taking her with him. I sometimes still hope seeing this NPC and VNPC in game as a PC :P

(Rath....like a Sir.)

Cool stuff, Rathustra.
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

I do remember Kelsin. I wish I could remember who I was playing at the time but I can't.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

There's this one guy that I want to mention SO bad, but I fear it's too early for me to.

There were a lot of characters I've had who've met some of the more famous ones mentioned here, and if it's appropriate, I'd like to mention on a half-giant named Albie and one of my characters in the Byn who met him.

Albie was awesome.  He was the heart and soul of the Byn in his time.

I remember a conversation with another sergeant, before a spider nest raid that we felt was very likely to kill us all. And we decided that if anyone survived, it had to be Albie, because he was the heart of the Byn and if he was there, whoever came after us as sergeants would be OK.

I remember playing this Tribal whose tribe have suffered a massive calamity specifically due to Allanak, it's forces, and it's sorcerer-king. By all accounts, that tribal hated "everything" Allanak, but had to infiltrate Allanaki society to provide his own tribe some heads up.

So I'm sitting in the tavern, hating on all Allanaki in my thinks and I watch this scene of Albie and some other HG braiding each other's hair.

And I was just ... I mean ... how the fuck do you maintain hatred when you see "that" scene? It was soooo beautiful.

For a time there was another HG with Albie named Gil, and they would feed off each other doing and saying HG things.  They were always cracking me up.

I had a HG who managed to talk to Albie named Argunbash, and those conversations were amazing. Sometimes what Armageddon needs is more fat and cuddly half-giants, just to put on a generally happy vibe to the game world.

Whatever happened to Koranth Tor?  He executed my Nilazi, and I never found out what happened to him.  That was a sweet scene, and I think we traded Kudos after it.

What ever happened to the Tor noble, from 2010, that we made that metal thing for?  I can't remember their name, unfortunately.

I think all of that is kosher to ask about, now...
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

My PC at the time fled from Allanak because of Koranth, and hadn't even met him yet. Haha.

(Followed Rythe out, who fled because of Koranth).
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Sorry guys, my PC accidentally saved him one time >.>
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Feco on September 16, 2016, 06:54:55 PM
Whatever happened to Koranth Tor?  He executed my Nilazi, and I never found out what happened to him.  That was a sweet scene, and I think we traded Kudos after it.

What ever happened to the Tor noble, from 2010, that we made that metal thing for?  I can't remember their name, unfortunately.

I think all of that is kosher to ask about, now...

Lord Mallor?

I designed a funereal slab for him with marble and rubies. Had VNPC slaves building it in the Tor Academy main hall on the first floor - it was intended to be a crematorium. I submitted it, it was a Master Craft. Shortly after that, my PC went insane and I stored. I don't think the staff ever actually implemented the slab, which is a real shame. Also not the first time I submitted master crafts that never got implemented because my character died/stored.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Lord Mallor Tor died in a fire.

I believe the crematorium pyre was Mallor's idea, but I am not sure there was a designated cremation area, simply that it was done for particular Scorpions.

Personally my Tor dude was all down for getting cremated, but then he outlived Mallor and a few other people.

I played Koranth Tor, thanks for having a fond memory of him! I think he executed a few Nilazi so feel bad to admit that I'm not sure which you are speaking of. I know there was one that Koranth burned to death, that was a pretty neat scene.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Quote from: SuchDragonWow on September 15, 2016, 08:53:23 PM
Quote from: Yam on September 15, 2016, 05:04:47 PM
Rathustra is actually the top rated staffer over on the shadowboards.

Not that it's a competition, but some guys are just THE GM.  They're always that role and it fits them like a glove, and they tend to excel a head above the rest.  That person on Arm is Rathustra.  With his imagination, he should be writing books instead of wasting away on the Internet, but hey, I bet a lot of Armers fall into that mold.

I think we all try to emulate HIS magnamity. HIS devotion. HIS dispassioned even-handidness.

But I fear we all fall short.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.