Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: Riev on September 12, 2016, 10:59:16 AM
Quote from: Refugee on September 12, 2016, 09:52:40 AM
The templars got him good later.  Lord Templar Kitrix burned a cross into his forehead over some fabricated charge in a terrific scene.  I got a lot of RP over that for the rest of Niall's life.

I remember this happening and getting so roiled about it. It always made me feel like Niall had become sullen and dis-ingenuous afterwards. Though, that might have been my PC projecting!

Probably he was projecting -my- growing frustration with the role as the Byn seniors grew more and more onerous.  I'm sorry about that.

Quote from: Olafson on August 29, 2016, 12:04:13 PM
2) Russ - Was great to hear the story on Stump, Large Hero.  He was a character that Russ wanted to trust, but never really did.  Russ was as dedicated to the Byn as I think I've ever had a character.  I still remember chasing Hawk...we had him but Stump seemed hesitant to jump in and Albie just didn't react fast enough.  Russ was being pressured to capture Hawk for Borsail.  He first tried to trick him but when the gig was up on that, that's when we chased him.  And looking back, Russ kind of figured that the other guy was Nilazi.  And yes, Russ was plucked out just outside of Allanka returning from some Byn thing, left way above the sinkhole to fall to his near death at the foot of some crazy hooded figure who was laughing.  Then Hawk finished him off, poor Russ couldn't even move and plead for his life.  He was a great character.  You're all bastards!

3) Dealer - There were a number of dealers but I did play one with the Guild at the time of Broker, was the one who found him, I think.  Dead from a Drovian.  This Dealer would sit in the Gaj and read future for people.  He was pretty good at it.  He was also a spy master and a Psionicist.  He was quite strong by the end and then I (the player) messed him up and accidentally wayed a Arm Soldier while his mind was cloaked...classic screw up.  This was also at the time the Beast or whatever was killing in the rinth and the Guild was having problems with it.  So Dealer made it look like the Beast had killed him and cloaked with his mind and walked right out of Allanak, knowing his time there was over.  But he vowed to keep tabs on the Guild and help where he could.   One of the imms was even helping him out with that, having one of the Guild Leaders think out her thoughts for him, was great.  Then he walked into a raptor and died.  Crap...if he could have set himself up somewhere, it would have been classic.  Stupid little typing errors can make such a big problem.

Olafson

Russ not catching Hawk eventually led to my Lady Arianna's demise. That disgusting half breed Hawk even called her the C word. It was awesome.

Lovvvvved Dealer when I played Shy.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: Large Hero on August 26, 2016, 10:26:08 AM
Quote from: SuchDragonWow on August 25, 2016, 10:09:27 PM
Quote from: Yam on August 25, 2016, 09:30:05 PM
What happened to Rythe, Stump, and Milo from the 2011ish Byn days?

Good times. Some of the best I've had in the Byn. Kudos to everyone from that era.

I'll always cherish those moments in the sparring halls running King of the Hall championship matches with 15+ PCs alll trying to knock each other out.  ;D

Were you playing Stump? I was sooo close in figuring out you were a double agent. Even had other Byn Sargeants preparing to float false info your way and all that stuff. I dont know if that caused a move up in schedule, or I just wasnt speedy enough. But damn it. Shaze was sleuthing Stump out, but Stump made a move, killed the sarge, and escaped Allanak before I got enough to be certain.

What happened to Takharion anyway? I enjoying playing with this  dude so much as his aide, I didnt manifest for months.

Quote from: Dar on September 12, 2016, 07:55:34 PM
What happened to Takharion anyway? I enjoying playing with this  dude so much as his aide, I didnt manifest for months.

Quote from: seidhr on December 17, 2015, 06:15:02 PM

The End: No Redemption

It was dawn on Detal, the 121st day of the Descending Sun
In the Year of Jihae's Defiance, year 12 of the 22nd Age

Figuring that putting Hasan down was the only way to redeem himself for his
botched assassination attempt on Kitrix Borsail, Takharion spent the good-
will capital that he had been accumulating with Hasan through Corra to lure
him in close enough to strike.  Takharion hoped that neither was aware of his
failed attempt on Kitrix.  It was clear that Corra did not--she believed that
the meeting was being arranged to discuss Takharion acquiring assistance for
causing Hasan's demise.

As crazy as Ariannah's death had been driving him, Takharion was no
sorcerer's tool, and never would have used an upstart to bring about the
death of another templar.  At least, he wasn't that far gone yet...

Unfortunately, Takharion's strike went directly into the sorcerer's
bodyguard, and Takharion's life was snuffed out shortly thereafter.  His last
emotion was irritation, which was fitting.

man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

September 12, 2016, 10:36:53 PM #431 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:42:51 PM by Large Hero
Quote from: Dar on September 12, 2016, 07:54:35 PM
Were you playing Stump? I was sooo close in figuring out you were a double agent. Even had other Byn Sargeants preparing to float false info your way and all that stuff. I dont know if that caused a move up in schedule, or I just wasnt speedy enough. But damn it. Shaze was sleuthing Stump out, but Stump made a move, killed the sarge, and escaped Allanak before I got enough to be certain.

I played Stump. It's pretty hard to believe you knew that Stump was a double agent, given the insane, OCD methods he used to avoid detection.

If supernatural means were used to discover he'd occasionally travel alone to weird places in the middle of the desert, that'd be fine. But you'd know, then; it wouldn't be a suspicion.

Everyone knew Shaze was not a normal human, though. It was obvious from the way he acted.
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Shaze was totally normal. He had no supernatural skills. He was an unmanifested Nilazi the entire time. Never casted a spell while being an aide.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on September 11, 2016, 11:27:10 PM
They were dujaats. Another glorious excursion under the command of "Lord Templar Forgets-He-Can-See-In-The-Dark" (Torgun's proposed yajah name/theory behind a certain pattern of mishaps).

I do remember having a badass fight with Niall against a silt horror on the way back from that RPT; he got wrapped up there too.

We tried to save Pasheen even though she was a coked-out crazy Stormer, but were stymied by the "only one body can fit in here" code. Couldn't throw her to safety without also blocking off the tunnel.

Thanks for that, I had to log off for a thing once we actually arrived and came back to being knocked out and you guys emoting trying to save me. I got part of the story later on and thought it was pretty cool.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Oooooh god, I remember that fucking silt horror... pounding on tentacles with a skimmer pole, cracked mast, had to push the damn through the silt with poles.
Quote from: Synthesis on August 23, 2016, 07:10:09 PM
I'm asking for evidence, not telling you all to fuck off.

No, I'm telling you to fuck off, now, because you're being a little bitch.

Quote from: Large Hero on September 12, 2016, 10:36:53 PM
Everyone knew Shaze was not a normal human, though. It was obvious from the way he acted.

Takharion didn't ;D  But then, he was pretty oblivious to things that didn't fit his view of how the world SHOULD work.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on September 13, 2016, 08:43:10 AM

Takharion didn't ;D  But then, he was pretty oblivious to things that didn't fit his view of how the world SHOULD work.
I loved Takh.
I love you.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

You know I loved Takh. Loved to hate him. Loved to be abused by him and to manipulate the shit out of him in pure unadulterated revengelove.

I'm still sad he got one over on us in the very end... by dying. DAMN YOU, TAKHARION!

signed,
that "loyal" gemmed

Quote from: valeria on September 13, 2016, 08:43:10 AM

Seriously. Swear to god. Shaze was completely mundane. I think Shaze dissapeared from Takharion's service two rl days after his complete manifestation. Everything else before that was done by mundane means. And great vast reason for me taking so damn long to manifest, was Takharion. I enjoyed playing with him so much, that I postponed manifestation for as long as possible. Only true reason I did manifest as Shaze, was because I had a RL project coming up that took me from the game for probably over a rl year. So I would've been gone, one way, or other.  That whole "we all knew Shaze wasnt mundane" kind of shows where assumptions get people.

Quote from: Beethoven on September 13, 2016, 09:37:39 AM
What was Takharion's sdesc?

the gaunt, bronzed manplar

Quote from: Delirium on September 13, 2016, 09:57:23 AM
You know I loved Takh. Loved to hate him. Loved to be abused by him and to manipulate the shit out of him in pure unadulterated revengelove.

I'm still sad he got one over on us in the very end... by dying. DAMN YOU, TAKHARION!

signed,
that "loyal" gemmed

One of the best aspects of playing him was how much he vehemently hated magic and the gemmed, but ended up the "gemmed templar" anyway (as you can see in the posted bios). The interactions with  Corse/Corra/Moraz were some of my favorites. He thought of the gemmed as dangerous weapons, not people, and never really thought they would have their own thoughts and feelings.

I specifically remember when Corra did or said something overly familiar, contradicted him or something, and he looked across the table at her and said that if she ever did it again, he would kill her. And meant it. I loved oppressing the shit out of you guys and you all seemed to eat it up. How... Armageddon.

Oh man, what good times.  ;D
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I wish I could data crunch how many times I typed >feel terrified when Takharion was around <3

I remembering being told to execute Corra by Lyvren (I think before we even got the Gem on her) and then having it immediately countermanded. I think that was Corra, anyway. Was she the whiran who poisoned herself and then collapsed outside the Merchant Gate?

Torgun only ever bothered to talk to the Whirans when he needed someone brought to him quickly, which sadly never worked out.

September 13, 2016, 02:46:30 PM #443 Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 03:29:09 PM by Delirium
That was most likely Corse. He was a drovian. I remember a story about him collapsing outside the merchant's gates after fighting off an enemy.

Which reminds me... did Corse really just accidentally fall into the pit or was it FOUL PLAY? Curious minds have wanted to know ever since!

Edit: there was no "pre gem" for Corra. She manifested when she was 8 years old and started play at 13. She was mentally unstable in a lot of ways from manifesting so young, sheltered and naive in some ways and jaded and broken in others. She adjusted more as she got older, but she always remained unhinged in subtle ways.

I think she was nearing 30 when she died. Though the "real" Corra could be argued to have died years prior.

Was it Tuu, then? I know it was a female Whiran who may or may not have been Gemmed. Always been Corra in my mind.

I always assumed Corse's death was accidental (especially in retrospect, given how lethal that particular hole proved to be). Believing that certainly kept Torgun feeling guilty, since it was his idea for Corse to scout around there in the first place.

Whatever happened to the krathi Kaya? I remember her manifesting as a Trooper and taking custody of her from the Sarges, and then spending like 30 minutes trying to find a damn NPC Templar to Gem her. I didn't interact with her much but thought she was badass.

Kaya was fantastic. Having Corse, Moraz, and Kaya around to interact with was kind of a golden age of being a gemmed.

I remember Moraz!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: BadSkeelz on September 13, 2016, 03:43:11 PM

Whatever happened to the krathi Kaya? I remember her manifesting as a Trooper and taking custody of her from the Sarges, and then spending like 30 minutes trying to find a damn NPC Templar to Gem her. I didn't interact with her much but thought she was badass.

Uhhh.... it was cool trust me.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

September 13, 2016, 11:40:10 PM #448 Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:45:13 PM by a french mans shirt
I was Kaga, an unmanifested ruk working for House Dasari, and Siko, an unmanifested ruk working for House Kadius in Tuluk. Never manifested, well, Kaga did, but she ran away immediately. Does anyone remember that?

I remember Corra! Sweet times.

I was Dayna, a byn runner who manisted on a spider-killing contract. We were looking for the three spider holes and killing any we found. She was a viv/weaponscrafter. A dwarven woman befriended her mother when she was pregnant, stole the baby when it was born, and killed the mother. She then raised the child, Dayna, to assist her in the killing of 1000 undesirables. She was halfway through when she was caught and Dayna slipped by. Then there was a cool bit I can't say anything about, and then she manifested. About a month went by, and she told a single friend about her history. The number of times I got wayed then was hilarious. Stored out of boredom. Was back when I didn't -quite- know how to play a witch (was casual friends with a normal) but I got kudos twice for her anyway.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Quote from: Ender on September 13, 2016, 11:22:20 PM
Quote from: BadSkeelz on September 13, 2016, 03:43:11 PM

Uhhh.... it was cool trust me.