Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 02, 2016, 04:46:04 AM
Quote from: bardlyone on September 02, 2016, 02:14:09 AM
Quote from: Large Hero on September 02, 2016, 01:11:00 AM
Whatever happened to predictability? The milkman, the paperboy, evenin' TV?

I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose mind went straight to the full house opening.

Literally every time I read the title.

I can't unsee this now. Asses.  >:(
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

What happened to Bru and Dabe?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Yam on August 25, 2016, 09:30:05 PM
What happened to Rythe, Stump, and Milo from the 2011ish Byn days?

And what happened to Kolo? And Torgun?

Kolo is still too recent, my friend! She got old as dirt.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 02, 2016, 04:46:04 AM
Quote from: bardlyone on September 02, 2016, 02:14:09 AM
Quote from: Large Hero on September 02, 2016, 01:11:00 AM
Whatever happened to predictability? The milkman, the paperboy, evenin' TV?

I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose mind went straight to the full house opening.

Literally every time I read the title.

This is funny. I told my wife this last week and we even went and looked up the song on Youtube then so we could remember exactly how it went.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Whatever happened to calling it the Bard's Barrel?

I need to correct myself almost every time.

And what's the deal with the dome where the Trader's Inn should be?

Quote from: Kankman on September 10, 2016, 02:28:34 PM
Whatever happened to calling it the Bard's Barrel?

The Bard's Barrel was destroyed in the gith invasion of Allanak in 2007. Everyone inside was killed (including the bard) and the interior was totally wrecked. Afterward, the tavern was rebuilt with the patronage of a Red Robed templar, Great Lord Samos Rennik, and renamed Red's Retreat. Thus, it's not the Bard's Barrel anymore due to IC outcomes that were player-driven; the players had a choice to defend the Barrel or other areas of the city, the Barrel was deemed of lesser importance and so it suffered the consequences.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: Kankman on September 10, 2016, 02:30:04 PM

Trader's Inn was burned down due to player-initiated mob action. A single PC started a riot/mob/arson of the tavern, and the other PCs who were present didn't do enough to prevent the blaze from spreading, so it burned down. Later, staff built the dome there in order to provide a more central base of operations for PC templars.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

My Arm of Dragon (Ambar) recruit died in those riots, but not the Traders.  I remember he and another recruit running buckets of sand from outside the walls to Traders to put out the fire.
Fredd-

When my PC Templar Lyvren oversaw part of the attempt to save the Trader's Inn, a shadow she called over the area, from the Highlord, morphed into a dragon shape briefly and stayed there forever. I think it's currently mentioned in the desc for the Temple exterior as the obsidian sucking away all the heat.

Anyone remember Silteye? Of course you do. His real name was something different, and he got more out of life than you'll ever know.

Ooooo, pick me, pick me!!!  I DO!
Fredd-

I was his crazy little sister, Pearl. My real name was Pasheen. As usual, I never got into trouble or did anything of significance, but I was part of why he joined the Byn with me and thus led to his becoming sargaent and getting involved in fun things. I feel a little proud of myself for that. He also had a notion of vengeance after my death. I wonder how that turned out.

Poorly.
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

Quote from: little chicken woman on September 10, 2016, 10:53:40 PM
I was his crazy little sister, Pearl. My real name was Pasheen. As usual, I never got into trouble or did anything of significance, but I was part of why he joined the Byn with me and thus led to his becoming sargaent and getting involved in fun things. I feel a little proud of myself for that. He also had a notion of vengeance after my death. I wonder how that turned out.

I seem to recall you two getting busted for smuggling an "absurd" amount of spice in to Allanak.

Oh, yeah. Pearl got real scared. She actually blurted out a few real sentences with coherent thoughts too, instead of insisting that the sky was bleeding or something.

I totally >drop bag on the Templar and the soldiers when we were apprehended and said "Oh, shit," or something like that. Its a thrill.

I was Sergeant Niall.  I remember both of you.  I recommended Silteye for promotion to sergeant even though he was fairly junior.  Niall didn't live to see it though, I don't think.  I met him with future PCs, seemed like he was doing a great job.

Quote from: Talia on September 10, 2016, 02:50:33 PM

Trader's Inn was burned down due to player-initiated mob action. A single PC started a riot/mob/arson of the tavern, and the other PCs who were present didn't do enough to prevent the blaze from spreading, so it burned down. Later, staff built the dome there in order to provide a more central base of operations for PC templars.

I tried!  My militia sergeant stood alone against the entire mob.  I saw every single Trader's Inn NPC die.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on September 11, 2016, 08:49:06 PM
Quote from: Talia on September 10, 2016, 02:50:33 PM

I tried!  My militia sergeant stood alone against the entire mob.  I saw every single Trader's Inn NPC die.

So you're the one to blame! If you'd just done a better job, I'd still be able to go somewhere public without any elves.

Sarge Huss was actually doing pretty good until the mob took weapons from the fallen NPC bodyguards.  Then they almost killed him, but he escaped.  Right at the same time, the rest of the unit arrived, but the Inn was already hopelessly ablaze.

Funny thing is people were outside watching it burn down but thought Huss was still trapped inside!  He'd crawled away on a busted leg and started getting way messages like "Jump out the window!" and "Sarge, nooooo!!!"

I remember Sarge Niall was a tuluki, and the southern Templars had to save him from a pair of silt worms or silt horrors with a couple of fireballs.

Well, save -us-. But they were intent on eating him first.

They also did not let the opportunity to rub it in go to waste, although they didn't milk it for all it was worth.

They were dujaats. Another glorious excursion under the command of "Lord Templar Forgets-He-Can-See-In-The-Dark" (Torgun's proposed yajah name/theory behind a certain pattern of mishaps).

I do remember having a badass fight with Niall against a silt horror on the way back from that RPT; he got wrapped up there too.

We tried to save Pasheen even though she was a coked-out crazy Stormer, but were stymied by the "only one body can fit in here" code. Couldn't throw her to safety without also blocking off the tunnel.

That was a very fun RPT.  And yeah, that tunnel  :'(
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Those two dujaats...Niall was so new, I suddenly forgot his name in the shock of something unseen draining his HP at an astonishing rate.  All I could remember was my last PC's name, I drew a complete blank....so I was just yelling "Help me" in the dark and hoping someone recognized his accent lol.  Like you could notice that in the scroll of combat in a large party.  He was only saved because one of the dujaats missed a charge and it echoed his ldesc to the room.  Someone rescued him then...one of the half-giants.

I remember the silt horror but I don't remember getting hosed up by it.  Probably did.  Sponsored roles...he sucked at fighting for awhile.  That was an exciting RPT!  I was sorry that Pearl got killed. 

The templars got him good later.  Lord Templar Kitrix burned a cross into his forehead over some fabricated charge in a terrific scene.  I got a lot of RP over that for the rest of Niall's life.

Quote from: Refugee on September 12, 2016, 09:52:40 AM
The templars got him good later.  Lord Templar Kitrix burned a cross into his forehead over some fabricated charge in a terrific scene.  I got a lot of RP over that for the rest of Niall's life.

I remember this happening and getting so roiled about it. It always made me feel like Niall had become sullen and dis-ingenuous afterwards. Though, that might have been my PC projecting!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.