Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: Malken on August 18, 2016, 10:24:04 AM
It's like all the best stories and LONGEST LIVED characters came from Tuluk.

Bring it baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack  :'(

FTFY. Sure there were some great Allanaki heroes, but Tulukis lived for absolutely ever. Team Evershine was always great at providing great RP opportunity, making it dangerous, but not party wiping just because "the world is dangerous out there".

Allanak, generally, is more of a potential party wipe because "LETS FITE"
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Yeah, Chaska, my Jul Tavan mostly played in Tuluk, was allowed to store-unstore a couple of times because he was so long-lived that I needed breaks once in a while (probably not something they would allow to do nowadays)

He was with the same mate for more than a RL year which was also strange because I didn't know the player at all but we would see each other almost daily.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on August 18, 2016, 10:45:19 AM
Yeah, Chaska, my Jul Tavan mostly played in Tuluk, was allowed to store-unstore a couple of times because he was so long-lived that I needed breaks once in a while (probably not something they would allow to do nowadays)

He was with the same mate for more than a RL year which was also strange because I didn't know the player at all but we would see each other almost daily.

Oh I remember Chaska but I'm trying with all of my might to remember HOW I remember them.

What was their sdesc?

The name immediately rings bells for me.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Riev on August 18, 2016, 10:31:27 AM

Bring it baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack  :'(

FTFY. Sure there were some great Allanaki heroes, but Tulukis lived for absolutely ever. Team Evershine was always great at providing great RP opportunity, making it dangerous, but not party wiping just because "the world is dangerous out there".

The higher rate of public deaths versus "lived so long won the game bored now store" fates also means there's less wondering about what happened to southern PCs.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on August 18, 2016, 01:57:14 PM
Quote from: Riev on August 18, 2016, 10:31:27 AM

Bring it baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack  :'(

The higher rate of public deaths versus "lived so long won the game bored now store" fates also means there's less wondering about what happened to southern PCs.

Allanak hella gritty.

A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Gawd that picture is terrifying.

I really hope desert spiders aren't that big.  (I honestly never stick around long enough to examine such things.  Cuz they're dangerous.)
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on August 18, 2016, 05:55:15 PM
I really hope desert spiders aren't that big.  (I honestly never stick around long enough to examine such things.  Cuz they're dangerous.)

Normal giant spiders in game are in the range of 6 to 8 feet tall and 500-ish pounds. So, not quite as big as pictured, but still plenty big enough to be freaky.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: Talia on August 18, 2016, 06:58:48 PM

Normal giant spiders in game are in the range of 6 to 8 feet tall and 500-ish pounds. So, not quite as big as pictured, but still plenty big enough to be freaky.

Be very careful about what you say about spiders on the GDB around Talia.  Saying something like "I really hope desert spiders aren't that big" is tantamount to asking Talia to make desert spiders that big.

Quote from: Malken on August 18, 2016, 10:45:19 AM

I prefered your kenku warrior, babez. ;)
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: Talia on August 18, 2016, 06:58:48 PM

Now when you say tall, is that from sand to top of their head?  Or their length?

I'd always been under the impression that was length, which was still downright frightening, but if it's the former, that's fucked up and I think we need flamethrowers in game.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on August 18, 2016, 08:06:24 PM
and I think we need flamethrowers in game.
We already have. :P
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: wizturbo on August 18, 2016, 07:22:56 PM
Be very careful about what you say about spiders on the GDB around Talia.  Saying something like "I really hope desert spiders aren't that big" is tantamount to asking Talia to make desert spiders that big.

:D

Quote from: Armaddict on August 18, 2016, 08:06:24 PM
Now when you say tall, is that from sand to top of their head?  Or their length?

I'd always been under the impression that was length, which was still downright frightening, but if it's the former, that's fucked up and I think we need flamethrowers in game.

Sorry, I misspoke about their size, they are actually more like 9 feet ("over 7 cords'). And that is "from leg-tip to leg-tip." There's no indication in the desc of how tall they are. If they're based on real life tarantulas, then presumably they are 3 to 4 feet tall when they are crouched down?
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Assess -v them and get a rough idea from there. I believe they're actually about 3-5 feet tall even at their tallest? But they're quite, you know, -large- otherwise. And deadly.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Considering once it reaches near the size of a quarter irl I run like a bitch. 3-4 ft tall I'd kill myself.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I always envisioned them the size of a full grown man + legs and stuff.

The different tarantulas are different sizes, and different levels of dangerous.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Whatever happened to those Kadians from way back, Brethel and Rokov?

Quote from: Tuannon on August 19, 2016, 04:09:01 AM
Whatever happened to those Kadians from way back, Brethel and Rokov?

Weren't both those guys Kuraci?
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

August 19, 2016, 07:14:32 AM #169 Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 11:05:32 AM by Nergal
Both Kurac.
Rokov became a Hlum noble and took his Tan Muark lover as his consort. Pretty sure he was stored not long after that.
I don't remember what happened to Brethel - I remember he was at one point wearing a slave collar by Allanak, and then he was involved in Kurac pulling completely out of Allanak for a long-ass time.  Can't remember if I ever knew what became of him in the end - if he was killed or if he stored.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I've always seriously wondered where Takharion's aide Shaze went.

Musadir, he was a cool dude up in Tuluk back in the day, seemed like he was seriously in some shit.  I think he was an assassin for the Faithful or something?  I hated how my militia corporal died on that guy and always wondered how he ended up getting on.

Tasim, he was I think a Tor something or other, my Kadian character Jan's lover.  I kind of wondered how his shit went after I stored (sorry dude).  And also Sergeant Syl (Borsail Wyverns, god I loved that character) and Xing (a hunter that I loved playing around back then).  This was all 2010ish.

Lady Jessenia Borsail?  I think that was her name?  Played with my Borsail noble Portenna and was a character I loved to subtly hate.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Musadir, as I recall, was the medic of the Faithful.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on August 19, 2016, 09:38:14 AM
Musadir, as I recall, was the medic of the Faithful.

He was one of the very few full PC employees of the Lirathan Order, first serving Isatep and then later Qoriya for more than 20, maybe even 30, IC years until retiring. He was a medic, among a lot of other things.

August 19, 2016, 05:04:02 PM #173 Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 05:09:07 PM by Chettaman
I remember as Regi, the soldier... - recruit for tuluk I ran into musadir quite a bit while he was working.
He was pretty cool. Way cooler than me at the time.

While we're on tuluk. Dammit, I literally just forgot his name.
I saw your character standing in the road one day and tried to interact only to realize you had become an NPC.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

August 19, 2016, 07:20:59 PM #174 Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 07:31:42 PM by Dar
Quote from: valeria on August 19, 2016, 09:06:11 AM
I've always seriously wondered where Takharion's aide Shaze went.

Musadir, he was a cool dude up in Tuluk back in the day, seemed like he was seriously in some shit.  I think he was an assassin for the Faithful or something?  I hated how my militia corporal died on that guy and always wondered how he ended up getting on.

Tasim, he was I think a Tor something or other, my Kadian character Jan's lover.  I kind of wondered how his shit went after I stored (sorry dude).  And also Sergeant Syl (Borsail Wyverns, god I loved that character) and Xing (a hunter that I loved playing around back then).  This was all 2010ish.

Lady Jessenia Borsail?  I think that was her name?  Played with my Borsail noble Portenna and was a character I loved to subtly hate.

I've played Shaze. Let's just say that his service got him so involved in things magickal, that bad things were simply bound to happen. One way, or other. Shaze was during a very rare period in my life where I actually had 'time' to play. It was my second Aide character in my entire gameplay. My first one was Sop the Borsail kid, but I stored him for some reason that I dont remember and went inactive from Arm for a year.  I thoroughly enjoyed playing with Takharion. So much, that I havent manifested as a Nilazi for many rl months, pretty much the entirety of his service to Takharion. Only when my IRL respite was ending and I knew I will become very very scarce and too rare to be an affective aide, I've actually allowed myself to manifest and well ... the rest I'll keep unknown.