Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Drazen was pretty awesome.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Reiloth on August 02, 2016, 04:11:35 PM
Quote from: Dakota on August 02, 2016, 07:42:03 AM
My Elf had Flaire pinned for a rat the moment he met him.

And
Quote from: Reiloth on July 28, 2016, 05:58:40 PM
If Flaire was a spymaster, then Hederai Negean was an elf.

And Hederai Negean and the other Templars from that time were so badass they might have been elves.

Quote from: Reiloth on July 28, 2016, 06:53:48 PM
jk I liked Flaire. It's sad because the iteration of Tuluk before it closed I thought was going pretty swell. Lots of different factions vying with and against each other. Good Leaders, Great Minions.

It was the best time I've had in Arm and I had a lot of good times.

Tuluk rocked then b/c Staff had shaken things up w. the how Tuluk worked.

Tuluk rocked b/c it had such a crap reputation for RP, so the players there put on their A-game and shit was blowing up.

And i'd submit logs. but they're not taking them atm.

One day I'll post Drazen's logs.

You shouldn't have stored, turd.

City Elf 4 lyfe

Hederai Negean enjoyed Drazen, because he was an actual elf, instead of an Akai Sjirr elf, which let's face it, weren't real elves.
If you were Hederai, I was Fortuna / Julisen Kassigarh :)

We had some cool times.

Quote from: Case on August 02, 2016, 05:22:26 PM
My Elf had Flaire pinned for a rat the moment he met him.

And
Quote from: Reiloth on July 28, 2016, 05:58:40 PM
If Flaire was a spymaster, then Hederai Negean was an elf.

And Hederai Negean and the other Templars from that time were so badass they might have been elves.

Quote from: Reiloth on July 28, 2016, 06:53:48 PM
jk I liked Flaire. It's sad because the iteration of Tuluk before it closed I thought was going pretty swell. Lots of different factions vying with and against each other. Good Leaders, Great Minions.

It was the best time I've had in Arm and I had a lot of good times.

Tuluk rocked then b/c Staff had shaken things up w. the how Tuluk worked.

Tuluk rocked b/c it had such a crap reputation for RP, so the players there put on their A-game and shit was blowing up.

And i'd submit logs. but they're not taking them atm.

City Elf 4 lyfe

Hederai Negean enjoyed Drazen, because he was an actual elf, instead of an Akai Sjirr elf, which let's face it, weren't real elves.
If you were Hederai, I was Fortuna / Julisen Kassigarh :)

We had some cool times.

It was an interesting time in the Tuluki Templarate, and I think the trio of Yasir Arafat Lyksae, Hederai Negean, and Fortuna Kassigarh was an interesting dynamic, probably one never seen before in the game.

Yasir Lyksae was (if I remember correctly) pre-transition, but pro-transition sort of Die Hard Fanatic. He had a luxurious beard and liked hats.

Fortuna Kassigarh was pre-transition, and anti-transition. She held on to her beliefs before the merging of Negean, believing that the 'New Order' was weaker than the previous incarnation, but struggled with her emotions and beliefs in this regard.

Here are a couple of his numerous biography entries, which may give insight into the "New Order of the Templarate", and the insight of one Negean turned from a fat bookworm into a chiseled kung-fu dick, in the final days of Tuluk as we know it. If it appears to be too much information, let me know. I've redacted information that I believe is still 'secret', despite Tuluk being closed. It was well known (via the History page updates Nyr did) that Templars had limited psionic powers mixed with physical powers, akin to Southern Templars having sorcery and physical powers, etc.

Hederai's initial background:

Hederai Negean was born into a life of privilege, fortune, and above
all, knowledge.  Twenty-odd years of tutelage from the Konviwedu and
Driamusek Circle Masters, along with instruction by rote in the Library of
Negean, left Hederai a socially awkward boy and man, one given to long
nights of study rather than camaraderie or plot.  He learned how to read and
write easily, and voraciously devoured books -- He was often called Hederai
the Blind behind his back, because he would walk while reading and bump into
people or stationary objects, so absorbed was he in the contents.     It is
this absorption in the world of knowledge and histories that Hederai could
barely realize what was happening to House Negean before the hammer-blow
fell.  His mother and father protested loudly, even publicly, against the
Templarate takeover, and were not seen leaving the Heart after their private
conversation with a certain Lirathan.  Confused, stricken, and concerned,
Hederai barely knew how to respond to the knock at his private apartment
door around midnight one night -- The last night he would spend in the
Negean Estate.     The next few years were a blur -- After being
indoctrinated into the New Order of the Templarate, Hederai found his past
with Negean began to blur into a meld -- The knowledge he gained from his
youth remained, but his feelings about his parents and his other family
began to recede and fade, like a dream after waking.

QuoteHederai's Personality / Quirks : Mar 30, 2015

It was late afternoon on Barani, the 131st day of the Low Sun
In the Year of Drov's Vengeance, year 24 of the 22nd Age
Hederai's personality is one of a cold bookworm, combined with the feigned haughtiness of a once-fat man now turned into a chiseled statue.

He is incredibly dismissive of 'non realistic plots' or 'speculation', being rooted himself in facts and primary sources. He labels works of literature without an author as AUTU, Author Unknown, Text Unreliable. He does not entertain conversations revolving around 'I think' or 'It could be', believing that it creates problems out of thin air that did not exist before, and are made reality by discussing them.

Hederai is a man of action -- Being born into a House of such in-action, and sloth, and personal knowledge gain, his transformation into a Faithful Lord has brought out a much more industrious side of his being. Whether this is by design of the <redacted>, or a motivational pull from Hederai's own essence, is unknown to him.

Hederai enjoys libations, perhaps overly so. He is a fan of spiced brandy, and smokes a little too much spice, especially after long patrols or a hard day with his Faithful Brethren. Like the works of fiction he reads, it is a means to 'escape'.

Hederai is a decent violinist, having learned in his youth from Olide Driamusek, and taking lessons once again with the ancient man. He is working on a system of music notation (OOC: Not classical, but probably something more Japanese or eastern.) using Cavilish Cipher.

Hederai is incredibly paranoid, and power-hungry. He believes that he was 'chosen' for a reason by Muk Utep, that he might live life as a Surif for so long, and be plucked from their ranks to serve as a Faithful, only serves to enhance his ego in this belief.

Path of <redacted>: Training Continues : Apr 07, 2015

It was late afternoon on Waleuk, the 28th day of the Ascending Sun
In the Year of Drov's Vengeance, year 24 of the 22nd Age
Hederai's training in the <redacted> has differed quite drastically from the <redacted>. Where the <redacted> turned the mind's eye inwards, to expand pathways and links between the psionic mind and fleshy, useless body, the <redacted> turns the mind's eye outwards -- To the minds of others. Like a probe, Hederai has found he can investigate other's minds, picking away information they would not readily provide, or simply soak up their thoughts like a sponge for later use against them.

As the <redacted> required hours of meditation, visualization (of Muk Utep and the lineage tree spread away from him), and communication (repeated mantra), Hederai spent many collected hours and weeks in isolation within the Tower of Lirathu. With the <redacted>, Hederai has taken a more hands on approach.

He has had Nori, his Aide, collect vagrants and derelicts, mutants and those without family, alcoholics and spice-addicts. Hederai has invited them for 'a few drinks' in the Heart, having them imbibe copious amounts of alcohol, and then (perhaps cruelly) using them for experiments within the jail-cells before quietly executing them. He investigates their past, their present, their relationships and their desires. He begins as a stranger, and leaves their mind as a 'friend', familiar with their details and confident that they have nothing further to hide, before he slides a knife into a particular artery Hederai knows bleeds them out quickly, and painlessly, easing them out of the suffering of this life.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Yasir had a glorious beard put it was nothing to Rhodrans!!! I loved Yasir. He will be one of my favs for sure. I really enjoyed all my RP with Julien and Hederai as well. Julien and Rhodrans trip out to the Pymlithe grove was great, as well as the hunting trips with Yasir.

Flaire was a great aide. I couldn't have asked for anyone better, and his combination along with another pc i won't name was so much fun and made my life so much easier being an Aussie player. That time in Tuluk I think was the best for me, and Tuluk had been doing so much better, the closing was a big shock. I hope Flaire comes back. Theres a log of a certain secret mission to 'Nak I'd love to see.
Death is only the beginning...

August 02, 2016, 10:00:36 PM #54 Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:03:15 PM by Is Friday
Kitt Borsail/Tor had some interesting conversations via letter with Yasir. She also dealt with Flaire for a while before his inevitable disappearance (post playable Tuluk.) I'll eventually send in a request to ask permission to post some of it.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Evilone on August 02, 2016, 07:49:35 PM
Julien and Rhodrans trip out to the Pymlithe grove was great, as well as the hunting trips with Yasir.

The joys of the playing the guerilla sergeant leading a unit to guard/babysit two fancy-pants (rhodran and yasir) while they drank whiskey and went 'big game hunting' for gizhat. Very entertaining scene. Also, one of the rare times you get to see this:
A gizhat tumbles west
A templar tumbles west.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

City Elf 4 lyfe

I stored b/c I didn't have time to do what was needed and the game was won. Can't spend 20+ hours / week on arm anymore.

Hederai and YASIR made Tuluk not only bearable but possible.

Yasir aka 'Faithful Lord Hardass', was probably my favorite Tuluki Templar ever.  He was an inglorious son of a bitch.

Czar of City Elves.

Drazen's one of the best city elves I've ever encountered. I had an absolute blast playing with him. I totally owe you a kudo.
I ruin immershunz.

Quote from: Kankfly on August 03, 2016, 08:44:36 AM
Drazen's one of the best city elves I've ever encountered. I had an absolute blast playing with him. I totally owe you a kudo.

Damn straight, I also got the best ooc lol I think the game has even given me from a scene with Drazen involving the unearthing of a particular statue with sharp ears.

Templars are here
Dudes are here
the sole elf is here

one of the crowd says 'is that statue an elf?'

Templars are here.
Dudes are here.
*a strange shadow*
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Does anyone have any logs of the last heap of RPTs that happened in Tuluk? From wezertimes onward?

Quote from: Rathustra on August 03, 2016, 01:47:10 PM
Does anyone have any logs of the last heap of RPTs that happened in Tuluk? From wezertimes onward?

I have a log of the Bat RPT, from the POV of Hederai, I could clean up and submit.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

:c One day Tuluk will reopen.

I loved playing with basically everyone at the end of Tuluk, kudos to all you folks.

Also, Rath: I have logs from the Wezer RPT, the Scouring the Yen El Tun RPT, and a couple more from the PoV of Yasir (and a couple spooky other PoV's.)

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

August 03, 2016, 02:42:30 PM #62 Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:58:00 PM by BadSkeelz

I have the log of the Tek Serak assault (which was awesome) from the PoV of my Levy Cossack. I looked at editing it once and it's something like 300 pages in Word and I have a slightly-different prompt spam on every. Single. Line. So it might take some time to edit.

Quote from: Majikal on August 03, 2016, 03:54:35 AM
Quote from: Evilone on August 02, 2016, 07:49:35 PM
Julien and Rhodrans trip out to the Pymlithe grove was great, as well as the hunting trips with Yasir.

The joys of the playing the guerilla sergeant leading a unit to guard/babysit two fancy-pants (rhodran and yasir) while they drank whiskey and went 'big game hunting' for gizhat. Very entertaining scene. Also, one of the rare times you get to see this:
A gizhat tumbles west
A templar tumbles west.

Having only been able to find those things on my first try 30 minutes earlier, my relief at providing the Big Game was only tempered by my anxiety that I might have just gotten a sponsored role or two killed.

"BadSkeelz Fucks Up While Hunting" pretty much characterized all my time riding around in the northlands. I once had to spam-ride through a room of gortoks to instant-hitch Flaire's inix after we had taken so long talking in a room that respawning gortoks chased us off. Then there was that time Nori led me in to a pack of clubtails and all four aggroed on me. Protector Subguild best subguild 2015. Shit, even back on Torgun I had to spam-ride through the entire Sun Legion clan (including Yasir) when they finally tracked us down on our poaching mission.

Scrublord on the scrub.

I have glowdorf. You want glowdorf?

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Submit stuff and I will pick and choose stuff so people know how great Northlands and Team Evershine was.

August 03, 2016, 07:42:01 PM #66 Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:44:09 PM by Reiloth
Quote from: Rathustra on August 03, 2016, 07:14:16 PM
Submit stuff and I will pick and choose stuff so people know how great Northlands and Team Evershine was.

Dude, you're a Producer, it's within your power to bring it back :)

Quote from: Scott AdamsCreativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

~Jack Vance~

Create Twoluk ruled by a totally cool skeleton king with a beautiful battle body.

craft flour red.fruit into a spaghetti

Quote from: Yam on August 03, 2016, 07:44:41 PM
Create Twoluk ruled by a totally cool skeleton king with a beautiful battle body.

craft flour red.fruit into a spaghetti

+/- 1

~Jack Vance~

Sweet.

I'll submit the great escape

Quote from: Case on August 03, 2016, 08:42:20 PM
Sweet.

I'll submit the great escape
I've been waiting for this. Yes. YESSS!
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Hi guys.

I log everything.

Everything.
I ruin immershunz.

Anyone remember runner rat shit...?
xD
Who the hell was playing that absolutely awesome character?!

... you guys know exactly what I'm talkin' about.
I was the aide on the ride.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

OK, I'll bite. The ones I wonder about...

Angela Christine? Where did she evaporate to? I honestly have no idea who she ever played, but her board presence was amazing.

Moontug :(

What's Bhagharva been up to these past few years? Is he in a metal band? Where did he go?

Kholdarian and Koeishna Oash were the first two nobles I ever interacted with, and they were amazing to my little newbie brain at the time, and I wonder if they're still out there. They antagonized my PC ENDLESSLY in Trader's.

I know Dyrinis and Halaster retired, but to where? Could they ever be coerced to come back? I've had no luck with Tlaloc, sadly. Maybe now with the new magick changes...

Where did Naatok go? I remember his sorc that would walk around with floating heads and talk to them...

Pai'ta? I forget your board name. You were fun to play with!

People keep making families and things, you all need to stop.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

August 14, 2016, 11:47:40 AM #74 Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:00:21 PM by boog
Quote from: Chettaman on August 13, 2016, 04:04:47 PM
Anyone remember runner rat shit...?
xD
Who the hell was playing that absolutely awesome character?!

... you guys know exactly what I'm talkin' about.
I was the aide on the ride.

The Bynner! God. I loved Ratshet. My PC at the time was a Kadian merchant from Tuluk who had come south for some work. She and another merchant wore silk dresses in public (we were both complete newbs to the game, so excuse us our one time of indiscretion). He hemoted having a boner after looking at them. Ratshe/it was amazing.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.