Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Back in 2003 I played with a character named Shekinah, really cool PC. I always wondered what happened to her!
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

I love this thread.

Quote from: Delirium on July 29, 2016, 10:54:52 AM
I am pretty sure characters are still around from those days.

That's the thing about talking about pc deaths.

I don't think the 1 year softcap is long enough personally.

A pc being around from those days is kind of irrelevant, unless THEY are the ones who killed the person, or knowing about the death of Flaire somehow ruins something for them. I think people are way too touchy about this sort of thing. Look to the clan forum rumor posts around peoples deaths and you get an idea of just how little this sort of thing tends to matter.

Quote from: The Lonely Hunter on July 30, 2016, 01:29:53 AM
Back in 2003 I played with a character named Shekinah, really cool PC. I always wondered what happened to her!

Wasn't Shekinah one of the really high-society prostitutes?  A courtesan?
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Yam on July 30, 2016, 12:26:20 AM
Quote from: Desertman on July 29, 2016, 11:13:04 AM
...I played Markus, the Face of the Guild for a while in Allanak. I died to a insta-gib whiran back before whirans got changed and just sort of left you there. (I thik Shaleah might have played this character?

Oh hey - I had Markus killed and regret it. I played Bashir, a Byn Sergeant who was also a secret whiran. He thought Markus was getting close to knowing his secret and had some other whiran whack him.

I'm glad summon is gone.

I think the comment about who ShaLeah (maybe) played was meaning Sis, not the Whiran.  Snipping quotes sometimes makes the meaning of things fuzzy.  Not that big a deal, was just an observation though.

I've never been insta-whooshed away and dropped by a Whiran.  Sounds pretty shitty.

There are a handful of people I wonder about, maybe I'll look back in my notes and come up with a list.
*sigh, nostalgia*

She was an aide to my Tor and pretty awesome assassin. Really neatly developed character. She headed up a group of three sneaky-murder-types. After my noble died, she stayed with the house but I'm not sure what fate she eventually met.

Quote from: Armaddict on July 30, 2016, 10:33:51 AM
Quote from: The Lonely Hunter on July 30, 2016, 01:29:53 AM

Wasn't Shekinah one of the really high-society prostitutes?  A courtesan?

"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Quote from: manipura on July 30, 2016, 10:36:16 AM
...I played Markus, the Face of the Guild for a while in Allanak. I died to a insta-gib whiran back before whirans got changed and just sort of left you there. (I thik Shaleah might have played this character?

Oh hey - I had Markus killed and regret it. I played Bashir, a Byn Sergeant who was also a secret whiran. He thought Markus was getting close to knowing his secret and had some other whiran whack him.

I'm glad summon is gone.

I think the comment about who ShaLeah (maybe) played was meaning Sis, not the Whiran.  Snipping quotes sometimes makes the meaning of things fuzzy.  Not that big a deal, was just an observation though.

I've never been insta-whooshed away and dropped by a Whiran.  Sounds pretty shitty.

There are a handful of people I wonder about, maybe I'll look back in my notes and come up with a list.
*sigh, nostalgia*

I've been "insta-whooshed" and dropped by a Whiran, and it was AWESOME. To date, my Kurac Sergeant Tola's death has been the most impressive I've had. From what I heard, it was also one of (if not the singular) most depraved, disgusting, and deplorable "afterdeath entertainments" for the randy bunch of murderers that created Tola's unhappy ending.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I'm glad summon is gone.

No worries. I like to think Markus' death was part of the reason the summon spell was removed.

If it was....worth it 50X over.  :)

I remember Bashir and liked him. Had no idea he was a secret Whiran heh.

I was fairly certain The Byn had something to do with his death though since he had just extorted them for 3,000 coins.

Thanks for sharing the info.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Ysania.

A few of my earlier characters worked for her when she was a Kadian merchant. Then she lead a rebellion uprising and make Tuluk happen?!? She got a street named after her, but then what?

Is her player still around?

-----

There was a particular Borsail noble that, for me, was the absolute iconic noble for Armageddon. He hired my character as a 'secret' employee. Created a fake organization called Brekkin Outfitters. Ended up working with Pearl to design new uniforms, and I think after my PC died the whole 'Brekkin Outfitters' organization was absorbed into the Wyverns as a new unit or something. I can't for the life of me remember the character's name, but damn, he was awesome. Stole Pearl away from Tor. Always plotting. Made things happen. Crazy emotes the likes of which I'll never live up to.

WHO WAS IT???

Vedatis?
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Kankman on July 30, 2016, 05:45:31 PM
Ysania.

A few of my earlier characters worked for her when she was a Kadian merchant. Then she lead a rebellion uprising and make Tuluk happen?!? She got a street named after her, but then what?

-----

There was a particular Borsail noble that, for me, was the absolute iconic noble for Armageddon. He hired my character as a 'secret' employee. Created a fake organization called Brekkin Outfitters. Ended up working with Pearl to design new uniforms, and I think after my PC died the whole 'Brekkin Outfitters' organization was absorbed into the Wyverns as a new unit or something. I can't for the life of me remember the character's name, but damn, he was awesome. Stole Pearl away from Tor. Always plotting. Made things happen. Crazy emotes the likes of which I'll never live up to.

WHO WAS IT???

Vadelorin Borsail (I might've spelled it wrong). Played by Clegane. Same period as Marie Tor (remember the one who hung out mostly in Trader's, usually at the same table every time, usually unresponsive but every once in awhile she'd come to life and emote hunching over the table, unresponsive, before she went back to being unresponsive :) )
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on July 30, 2016, 05:56:55 PM
Quote from: Kankman on July 30, 2016, 05:45:31 PM
Ysania.

-----

WHO WAS IT???

Vadelorin Borsail (I might've spelled it wrong). Played by Clegane. Same period as Marie Tor (remember the one who hung out mostly in Trader's, usually at the same table every time, usually unresponsive but every once in awhile she'd come to life and emote hunching over the table, unresponsive, before she went back to being unresponsive :) )

Yes.

Glory to the old days.

I always wondered what happened to Torihan.  I never got to kill you and bury you next to your daddy like I promised I would.
Where it will go

July 31, 2016, 01:01:40 AM #37 Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:23:50 AM by Chettaman
Axe man. Bro. Where you at? It's Bal, the desert wandering elf that was literally always smoking even when climbing mountains?
I know you're out there, Axe man. We had some good times, huh...? Remember that time you lead me into some place we clearly weren't supposed to be and we got attacked and I accidentally near-killed all the NPCs? Ah... Good times.

And sheesh. I love this thread too.
I forget the crazy breed's name that hung out with Drov (if anyone remembers him). Man, did I love RPing with that crazy half-elf girl. Literal insanity. xD ah. Good times.
I'll take this time to apologize and brag. Sorry to the rukkian that tried mugging Drov. He warned you. He was drov. Guess you didn't think you were actually dealing with Death himself.
- and to the dood that inspired Drov. His name was Krinkle and he was not only a throw away character, but a drunken one. He would go to the bar and drink and drink and drink. ... until one day you came down and inspired the hell out of him. You gave him the idea to name himself after Death, darkness, and a world unknown. You inspired him to fight and become something incredible. Kudos to you.
And Drov's scrawny mate. We were badasses together sort of. Miss you. What happened!?!

Genki's sort of mate who was stolen by he who shall not be named. That woman inspired a great story, but ultimately destroyed it with her very betrayal. But it was perfect. ... what happened!!?

Tiz. Well. Nevermind. *tear
But it was me, Tiz. Lin the lantern lady. Lin the wild.
That's right! It was me who sold you lanterns from the side of Caravan's road!
It was I that amused you as a crazy woman who befriended animals and did some other pretty cool things. REALLY cool things.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

W0W.

I'm actually getting positive feedback.

That's nice. I'm usually just used to staff scolding me. ;D
Quote from: nauta on February 23, 2015, 04:50:18 PM
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.

If life gives you lemons, open a lemonade stand untill you make millions, invest into weapons and go to war.

Quote from: Chettaman on July 31, 2016, 01:01:40 AM

Genki's sort of mate who was stolen by he who shall not be named. That woman inspired a great story, but ultimately destroyed it with her very betrayal. But it was perfect. ... what happened!!?

...I had a breed girl who knew a Genki.

July 31, 2016, 07:57:34 AM #40 Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 08:21:20 AM by Chettaman
Quote from: manipura on July 31, 2016, 05:22:20 AM

Then I shall reveal to you the epic tale of Genki that was cut short because of love who shant be named at this time.

He was an ordinary man, like most of my characters. Half elf, half human, but unknown to him. Born to tuluki parents and raised in the warrens where he learned to be one tough bastard. He had planned on becoming a world class mercenary! And he was well on his way... he spoke to faithful lords, ladies and the like... and at first they all said no and had no use for him, but he never gave up on that idea of becoming number one and he practiced. And he was good and managed to get better.
Then he got kicked out of his living space in tuluk since he was actually just squatting in some hut. And because he was always a surly sort he was exiled from the city of tuluk with the words that "you should seek the light." So he moved to Luir's outpost where he made a home squatting in another hut. He started a family here, though. In hopes he could learn the lesson the faithful lord had forced him to search for.
During his time he met this breed woman who softened his heart that was hard as stone. He learned to love her with everything he had and... it seemed like no matter what he did he couldn't make her happy no matter how happy they seemed to be.
He also met a man that would become something of his father figure. They seemed to depend o him as the hunter and gatherer of the group so he went out to do just that very often.
Once he got into a game of three cut with desert elves. ... or something like it. He won the game, but it turned into something more, the bastards. (shout out to my desert tribes, what-what!!)

He was contacted, during this time of peace he had found in luir's by the same faithful lord that had made him an outcast. He told Genki to join a group of mercenaries run by a man named Hawk. Genki was down for this! ... but. His family. He couldn't just leave them. So he told the faithful lord that he would, of course join this group, but never did. Over and over again he came into contact with the faithful who not only admitted surprise of his being alive still, and casually so, but tried to make sure if he had been at least trying to join up with Hawk ... soon it was apparent that Genki wasn't going to join and templars don't like being lied to or made fools of. So to prove the point of being unamused, the faithful lord invited Genki for a sit because there were things that needed to be talked about.
Genki saw the trap from leagues away. He planned on just how to deal with this templar. He was going to ask his breed woman to cover him with a bow while he took out the templar himself and then the guard - who would meet him on the road outside of the city. He was well prepared to become an outlaw for his family.
He returned to luir's and was ready to tell her the plan when she said, before he could ask for help, "I'm in love with another man and I'm leaving you." It was like a blow he'd never felt before. Unlike the weapons of elves, the claws of beasts, the sting of bugs and the bite of monster, His stone heart that had softened crumbled away in an instant. He only had one plan then and that was to die. ... What would he become an outlaw for now? Suicide, no. Maybe. ... maybe the faithful was really giving him another chance. It was a last hope. Obviously he wasn't in his right mind. So he met with the faithful and was killed inside the city.
His last thought was - dang it. Didn't bio his last event.
Most likely as he was dying by the hands of like nine half-giant soldiers he thought of that woman. Just her smile and the old man he learned to respect. His last thought was most likely about the happiness that he thought he found. He didn't have time enough to remember his woman leaving him.
Live like God.
Love like God.

July 31, 2016, 01:07:57 PM #41 Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 01:55:51 PM by manipura
Quote from: Chettaman on July 31, 2016, 07:57:34 AM
Quote from: manipura on July 31, 2016, 05:22:20 AM

The tale of Genki

*sigh*
Ugh.  I was so mad that he was still going to meet this templar even though it was so clearly a trap.  There was this moment when she was thinking something along the lines of "Well fine, if you had any doubts about what you chose, this here is proof that it's the right thing.  If Genki will be stupid enough to go to this death-meeting obviously he doesn't care as much as he has said he does."  The thing is, she was never really certain about that choice, even afterward.  It was just an ongoing source of drama and uncertainty for her, right up to the day she died.
I loved the hut we all turned in to a makeshift home, that was actually -really decent- for a makeshift home, if you think about it. :)
When I come across kanjel flowers in game, or when I would be in a particular room along a particular ravine, I always have a nostalgic moment.  There were a number of unforeseen twists in her story, that particular experience that eventually led to flowers in the ravine was one of those twists.

Even being nearly certain that it was a death-meeting, Genki felt the only thing worth being an outlaw for was out of his grasp, so he went anyway.  Kudos to you for walking him into that situation despite, I'm sure, knowing you were unlikely to walk him out of it.

Edit: Her death is my most memorable PC death to date.  Because of stuff and things though (mostly he who shall not be named) it can't be shared openly on the GDB, not yet at least.  Maybe some day. *le sigh*

What happened to SailorMoon? She played Akasha the dwarf like ten years ago. I loved her.

SandFerret? FrostFerret or something like that as well? I had a blast with her, too. She played one of the best half-elves I ever had the pleasure of being around.

Cyberpatrol? Guy was kind of a dick in the real world but was a hell of a player. We had some very good times.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

My Elf had Flaire pinned for a rat the moment he met him.

And
Quote from: Reiloth on July 28, 2016, 05:58:40 PM
If Flaire was a spymaster, then Hederai Negean was an elf.

And Hederai Negean and the other Templars from that time were so badass they might have been elves.

Quote from: Reiloth on July 28, 2016, 06:53:48 PM
jk I liked Flaire. It's sad because the iteration of Tuluk before it closed I thought was going pretty swell. Lots of different factions vying with and against each other. Good Leaders, Great Minions.

It was the best time I've had in Arm and I had a lot of good times.

Tuluk rocked then b/c Staff had shaken things up w. the how Tuluk worked.

Tuluk rocked b/c it had such a crap reputation for RP, so the players there put on their A-game and shit was blowing up.

And i'd submit logs. but they're not taking them atm.

One day I'll post Drazen's logs.
Czar of City Elves.

My Tennishi Advisor, Durik, is like one his first best friends.  In fact, I was the one who helped him to learn the ropes a bit.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on August 02, 2016, 10:36:35 AM
My Tennishi Advisor, Durik, is like one his first best friends.  In fact, I was the one who helped him to learn the ropes a bit.

em tips ~hat to ~durik.

My hat!

Kiris stole Durik's hat with Flaire and there was an epic chase across Tuluk.  We were going to get Kadius to make 100 of them, pass them out to friends, and all hat tip Durik at once.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

That was so fun!  And yeah, the hat tipping was a leftover thing from a past character that I was somewhat addicted too in the end.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

August 02, 2016, 12:58:12 PM #47 Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:01:54 PM by Chettaman
Also, same character, whatever happened to the little girl that Markus had adopted, I think I called her Pearl but she called herself Killa, much to Markus' dismay? Markus made a special Templar's Heart soap just for her in an attempt to get her to at least try and stay clean. I don't think she ever did. She did however draw a lot of dicks on my walls.

The russet-haired girl or something.
Hahahaha! I taught her to draw dicks on things as Drov.
We drew dicks on so many things.

... or maybe she taught me. xD
Live like God.
Love like God.

Quote from: Chettaman on August 02, 2016, 12:58:12 PM
Also, same character, whatever happened to the little girl that Markus had adopted, I think I called her Pearl but she called herself Killa, much to Markus' dismay? Markus made a special Templar's Heart soap just for her in an attempt to get her to at least try and stay clean. I don't think she ever did. She did however draw a lot of dicks on my walls.

The russet-haired girl or something.
Hahahaha! I taught her to draw dicks on things as Drov.
We drew dicks on so many things.

... or maybe she taught me. xD

Yup that was her.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Dakota on August 02, 2016, 07:42:03 AM
My Elf had Flaire pinned for a rat the moment he met him.

And
Quote from: Reiloth on July 28, 2016, 05:58:40 PM
If Flaire was a spymaster, then Hederai Negean was an elf.

And Hederai Negean and the other Templars from that time were so badass they might have been elves.

Quote from: Reiloth on July 28, 2016, 06:53:48 PM
jk I liked Flaire. It's sad because the iteration of Tuluk before it closed I thought was going pretty swell. Lots of different factions vying with and against each other. Good Leaders, Great Minions.

It was the best time I've had in Arm and I had a lot of good times.

Tuluk rocked then b/c Staff had shaken things up w. the how Tuluk worked.

Tuluk rocked b/c it had such a crap reputation for RP, so the players there put on their A-game and shit was blowing up.

And i'd submit logs. but they're not taking them atm.

One day I'll post Drazen's logs.

You shouldn't have stored, turd.

City Elf 4 lyfe

Hederai Negean enjoyed Drazen, because he was an actual elf, instead of an Akai Sjirr elf, which let's face it, weren't real elves.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~