Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

I'm sure it's been over a year now so.. I've always wondered what actually became of some of my PC's soldiers.

Whatever happened to Laskus? Did that little shit actually move to the grey?

Whatever happened to Kelari? I wanted to believe she died like she lived, throwing herself recklessly into dark chasms full of clawfeet.

Whatever happened to Second Laneer? My PC believed the tales they were told about attempted stabbings, but were they really true?
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

I'd love to know what happened to Laskus too, he really helped me with the game at that time. I thought Lan went south and died to Templars?

Oh, that snargling narrow-minded stump! Oh, the stories we had together...miss ole Laskus.
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

Quote from: Krombat on July 05, 2020, 11:06:45 AM
I'd love to know what happened to Laskus too, he really helped me with the game at that time. I thought Lan went south and died to Templars?

Supposedly Lan tried to shank a templar prior to dying. Never did find out for certain.

Quote from: ShaiHulud on July 06, 2020, 11:27:17 PM
Oh, that snargling narrow-minded stump! Oh, the stories we had together...miss ole Laskus.

That stump was the best. Wtf was his focus anyway I need to know.
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

I suspected for a while his focus was killing my character. >_>

I know Amon was what I would call a monkey of great importance, but if you could say what happened to him without it being a huge secret, could I be told how he died?
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Anyone know what happened to Kaga, from Tuluk?
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Actually, right now, I'm interested in knowing what happened to a very nice one called Albie.

Albie's player, if you're reading this ever, they made you an Arena event, you know. They announced that the matches were in your honor after you died. I don't remember more than that.

Quote from: only_plays_tribals on July 05, 2020, 07:05:02 AM
Whatever happened to Second Laneer? My PC believed the tales they were told about attempted stabbings, but were they really true?

Short Version:
Laneer tried to assassinate a Templar with a pretty good plan, but got unlucky and got crim coded by an NPC changing rooms at an inopportune time. This caused the plan to become instantly derailed and for Lan to be fighting for his life. He was mobbed by NPC soldiers and the Templar he attacked. He fled, but got hit in the arm by a half-giant on his way out. Because he was now wanted, he got engaged a couple more times by random NPC soldiers while he was making his escape. At some point in there, he got hit in the leg by another NPC half-giant during a flee attempt. Finally, he got away and escaped to the rooftops. Wounded down to like 35%, he hid and snuck away, waiting for about an hour and a half of RL time for things to die down. At that point, he'd basically got away, then he came down from the rooftops in an alleyway 2 rooms away from an apartment he had rented. He had master sneak/hide, full stealth gear, light encumbrance, and AI agility at the time. I typed Sneak. I typed Hide. I moved 1 room, and 4 half-giant NPCs a room away somehow saw him despite half-giants being so low wisdom, and came running in to immediately engage him. Mantis head.

As for why he did it...
Laneer was born in the Rinth, but never really belonged there. Growing up in the Rinth, his mother told him stories that his father was a Salaar family member, and not knowing any better, he let that information slip to other kids in the Rinth growing up. He never lived it down. No one believed him, of course, but he was bullied and made fun of for it his entire childhood, and it made him something of a pariah in the Rinth. Due to this, the only person he had any sort of emotional connection with was his mother. Unfortunately, after stealing some food to feed herself and Lan, his mother was killed by a Half-giant soldier when she "resisted" arrest. Ever since that happened, Lan grew bitter with the power structure of Allanak that kept the poor people poor. He became a seditionist. He desperately wanted to encourage the active rebellion of the commoners and slaves of Allanak to overthrow their oppressors, but he also knew he didn't have the personal skill or political clout to do so. So he left.

He lived off the land, hunting and scraping by in the more bountiful northern lands until one day, when he was hunting and a large group of riders came upon him in the grasslands. He was dismounted, and surrounded by what appeared to be competent warriors. But, as luck would have it, they didn't shake him down to rob him. They were mostly garrison soldiers that had slightly sidetracked from their road patrol to gather some supplies. Lan helped them gather up some supplies for their trip back, and one of them mentioned that Lan should try his hand with the Garrison, since they were looking for new recruits. Lan decided to follow them back and give it a shot.

Once he got to Luir's, the situation was very different from life in Allanak. It wasn't nearly as oppressive, and it inspired Laneer to make Luir's his home. During his time in the Garrison, Lan grew close to several other members of his unit, forming an almost familial bond that he had not really had as a child.

As he slowly moved up the ladder from Recruit to Trooper, to Second, to Captain, a common theme for Laneer was interference in Luir's/Garrison affairs by none other than Templar Malikith. It was difficult to separate rumor from truth, but the majority of major problems that the Garrison faced could somehow be traced back to this Templar. Once, while Lan was a trooper, the unit discussed these problems with the Marshall of the Garrison, explaining how Malikith seemed to be targetting Luir's for his machinations, and the Marshall rather casually responded that they should consider killing him. It wasn't clear whether this was serious, or said in jest. But from that point on, Laneer constantly considered how to best do this without endangering those in his unit that he now considered family. He had spies in Allanak feeding him information on the movements and whereabouts of this particular Templar constantly. This went on for a very long time, as Lan was fairly cautious, and looking for an opportunity that would put him and the Garrison in the least amount of danger.

Somewhere in all of this, Lan met a girl and fell in love. She got pregnant, and they were to have a child together. But, it didn't work out that way. Instead, she had a miscarriage and died due to complications. This severely altered Lan's mental state, making him a bit more reckless than he was typically known to be. Then, shortly thereafter, he was promoted to Captain when two of those in his unit left the Garrison. He considered leaving himself, but was convinced to stay so that the unit wouldn't be completely gutted.

Having been thrust into the role of Captain, he felt even more responsible for the lives and health of his unit. He decided that it would be best if he carried out the mission against this Templar himself, not telling anyone where he was going, or what he was doing. If he were to succeed, no one would ever know it was him. The action would carry with it no glory, and no recognition. It would be a fortuitous happenstance, that just so happened to benefit Luir's at the time. And so he meticulously planned the assassination in such a way that he could reasonably expect to get away with it, based on what he knew about his quarry. I'll spare the details here, but rest assured that it was possible, even likely to succeed if carried out according to plan.

Lan shed everything that identified him as a member of the Garrison, and left it in his locker. He stripped down and removed every keepsake and personal item that might identify him, or might be important to someone else if he died, and left it in his locker. He geared up in his best stealth gear, covering his identity from head to toe, and took only the necessities to complete the job. A few coins, lightweight food, an arsenal of tainted weapons, a pouch of war spices, and a few vials of concentrated poison.

He smuggled his poisons and spice into Allanak, then spent about 48 Zalanthan days(3 RL weeks) stalking around Allanak, never letting anyone see or speak to him for fear of revealing his identity. This entire time, the Templar who had previously been seen regularly in various places in the city was nowhere to be found. Once, about 30 Zalanthan days in, Lan saw him come out of the Dome, only to stand there for a moment, check in his bag, then turn around and go back into the dome, not to be seen again for another 18 Zalanthan days. It was this second appearance when Lan, who's patience had worn thin waiting for a good opportunity, decided to take a sub-par opportunity rather than waiting for a good one.

Basically, both ICly and OOCly, I was tired of waiting. I don't know if I just happened to choose to try to do this when the player of that PC went on a vacation or what, but it was mind-numbingly boring sneaking and hiding everywhere in the game for 12-14 RL hours a day for 3 RL weeks without interacting with other PCs in any way except through The Way. I didn't know if it'd be another 1-3 weeks before I'd see him again, and I was at my wit's end, so I took a bigger risk than I otherwise would have if the player would have been more active during those 3 weeks of playtime.

And what happened from that point forward is what I marked above as "short version".
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Quote from: rinthrat on April 11, 2020, 09:16:03 AM
Quote from: rohenne on April 10, 2020, 02:32:21 PM
Quote from: Cowboy on April 01, 2020, 08:37:30 AM
Ratseller's real name was Marr.  I think maybe one person ever heard his real name.  He was the seller of rats, rats parts and other things.  Had a long run with this guy.   I ended up storing the character because  the west side was having a hard time attracting regular players and I needed a changed.  He was stored in the end.  Nice to see someone remembered him.

of course I remembered, I was Aria.

Ratseller was like my best friend

Argh! Why did you want poor Timo/Detal dead?

To be fair Shai was selling timo to so many people someone was eventually going to kill him. :p

Quotejmordetsky: so I reckon, before 1750, people were fuckin retarded

QuoteNamino:
I'm not going to spawn 100,000,000 eggs like a black marlin just because Mekillots are a thing 

I'm pretty sure that it has been a year this time around. I played Shai, cities favorite witch.

She was a serial killer.

-all she ever did was talk to people
-worked for every house at some point and sold them against each other.
-seduced cris and gore so that she could have them kill people for her
-is a reason why you shouldn't look down on flavor chars.
Quotejmordetsky: so I reckon, before 1750, people were fuckin retarded

QuoteNamino:
I'm not going to spawn 100,000,000 eggs like a black marlin just because Mekillots are a thing 

Kaiajou (Kaj) the sun-darkened, clean-shaven man (?)

Imard the slim, copper-haired young man (?)

I was your brother that vanished--Seeing how <REDACTED> skewered me standing in the Hlum estate.

Basically everyone here:

Tuluki Camp, Between the Cliff and Chasm
    All around are the mountainous dunes of sand which comprise the Red
Desert, stretching as far as the eye can see.  The crests of the dunes
are lost in a cloud of gritty red dust, the eternal sandstorm which rages
across these sands.
   To the west a sheer cliff of sandstone rises from the desert floor.
To the north and south, the cliff stretches towards the horizon.  To the
east a deep chasm opens up, its face sheer and treacherous.  A giant hole is
lined with a slope of sand leading into darkness below. 
    A wall contructed of crude sandstone blocks has been erected to the
north, stretching the entire width of the canyon.  A large section of the
western cliffs appears to have been quarried out for stone.  A sturdy baobab
gate allows passage through the wall. 
A dusty bone-studded backpack is here near the pen.
A medium-sized wagon is here, topped by a large domed bahamet shell and pulled by a team of inix.
A small, desert-camouflaged tent is pitched here.
A simple wooden pen huddles against the cliff wall.
The Tuluki War bulletin board is here (OOC object).
The lanky, patchy-bearded young man is standing here.
The scruffy, dark-haired man is standing here.
The sharp-featured human soldier is standing here vigiliantly.
A unit of Tuluki half-giant soldiers stands in formation here.
The lurching, malformed half-giant soldier is standing here.
The pearl-haired, azure-eyed teen is standing here, looking a bit winded.
A mottled, purplish-brown kank is reclining here.
A kank, its shell a brilliant scarlet, looks around here.
A kank stands here, its yellow shell mottled with dust.
A yellow kank is reclining here.
The spiky-haired man is standing here.
The pale, sapphire-eyed man is standing here.
A large grey kank stands here, its menacing pincers waving about vigorously.
A saffron-colored kank is reclining here.
A grey kank is reclining here.
A large kank, its carapace mottled, waves its antennae nervously.
A kank stands here, its yellow shell mottled with dust.
The taut, sunken-eyed man is standing here.
A unit of Tuluki human soldiers stands here.
A half-giant Tuluki soldier looms here in staunch silence.
The thick-browed half-giant Tuluki soldier stands here watching the area.
A human Tuluki soldier stands here, lightly armored.
The lurching, malformed half-giant soldier is standing here.
The cloven-hoofed horse is reclining here.
The tawny, sun darkened lad is standing here.
The sun-bronzed, scar-faced templar is standing here, looking tired.
- he is carrying a thick baobab log.
A huge, four legged, shell-backed lizard is here, nosing about for forage.
The jet-braided half-giant is standing here.
A scarlet-shelled kank is reclining here.
A grey kank is reclining here.
An army of Tuluki troops numbering about two thousand is here in formation.
  A scarlet-shelled kank is reclining here.
A greenish-brown kank is reclining here.
The prodigious, purple-skinned half-giant soldier looms on duty here.

Soooo many Kanks!  and I forgot about that horse.  I was on the other side of the vines that day though, pretty sure it was that jet braided half-giant that smoked me for throwing a crappy knife at em lol
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Hahah! Some interesting memories from that time! I was on both sides during this, but it is funny to see my character again! I was playing that jet-braided half-giant and I do remember someone throwing a knife at him, but it has been soooo long!
A staff member sends:
     "The mind you have reached is currently unavailable.  Please try again later."

Whatever happened to a Byn breed named Liran?
Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

September 24, 2020, 01:07:18 PM #1117 Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 01:12:32 PM by Drone
Little bit of thread necromancy, since I binged the thread and saw someone mention it a few times but didn't tell the story: how'd Lucith Borsail get killed?

The last character I played back in 2014 was also the first (and only) one to get into playing an aide, however briefly. I ended up having to drop the game like a week or two after getting hired by Lucith because of real-life reasons, and always kinda wondered what became of him whenever I would randomly think of Armageddon.

Whatever happened to Gentleman Gog?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on September 28, 2020, 08:12:27 PM
Whatever happened to Gentleman Gog?

Hahahahahahahah I remember him! I don't think its been a full year yet though.
Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

I think it's a year (and a month).
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Lizzie on August 15, 2016, 07:56:48 PM
Quote from: Raptor_Dan on August 15, 2016, 07:36:02 PM
:( No one misses my chars.

Seriously though, the comments made about chars who were loved or reviled have given me a lot to think about in terms of how to improve my rp and plottiness.

Were you "Dan" on a previous GDB account? If so, I remember one of your stumps in particular, back when I played Irminia Kadius. He was one of the best on her crew, and he had a focus of finding the people who killed his parents I think. I don't remember his name though.

Nil: the dusky, mottled-black dwarf

Feb 2009-

Nil sought the wearer of a black, broken crown tattoo. The only clue as to the identity of the one who killed his parents. This was his focus, to find them and kill them.

Drill Instructor Natar of House Kurac stated that he had found the killer, and a dwarf named Bane (AKA: Boss Stump in Under Tuluk) gave him the name Vo. However Nil had already known Vo for about a year, and the facts did not add up. Vo didn't do it, and all the time spent trying to find out more information along this line of reasoning was wasted. Nil's investigation resulted in finding out that Natar just wanted Nil to kill Vo because he was in love with Agent Irminia of Kadius. Once all of the information was collected and substantiating evidence compiled, Nil confronted Vo directly and spoke with Irminia, who in turn spoke to Natar.  This situation was resolved without any unnecessary bloodshed. The search then had to continue from the beginning, but I think how Nil went about everything intrigued Irminia Kadius.

Nil started to work for House Kadius, under the Agent Irminia Kadius. He was even granted special permission to enter tunnels beneath Tuluk on his search, but only after removing all Kadian attire. The tunnels being a good place to find those willing to take risks for coin, a bit of spice or whatever else might motivate them to help pry up old information.  Nil knew the risks involved in this, calculated them, and kept going. Irminia did say that Nil should never enter Allanak's Labyrinth, but he decided he would instantly disobey this order if he thought there was information to be had there. Eventually he would. Over time Nil met another dwarf named Redfoot and began a relationship, becoming a mate for a time. She eventually became pregnant, for Nil imagined a young helper tagging along on his search as the child grew. All of this came crashing down when Redfoot went into gith territory with Sitecah and Conover, a couple acquaintances.  All three were found dead with a Red Fang hovering above the bodies, as what was at least reported by Flint Sky, a tribal elf. Nil was very sad he wasted so much time on her, the prospect of a child and the other two acquaintances, because it meant his search was set back just that much further.  Nil wallowed in regret over the time and effort that had been put to waste, for nothing.  He took on the mantra of 'continue the search' and re-doubled his efforts.

Nil continued to search while Irminia's lover Vo helped him, or so he said. There was never any real information gained, but Nil did receive some lockpicks from him to practice with. Nil contracted a Rinthi named Rees to look around the 'Rinth and provide information, who eventually disappeared so. Nil then went to a Guild Boss higher up the ladder and agreed upon a monthly recurring payment for information. Nil paid a man named Taur, or Baron a lot of coin, some flash powder and spice to search for him as well in the Gol Krathu area. Taur immediately dropped the name of someone who could potentially help, but it involved magicks.

Around this time Nil was somehow promoted to Second Hunter of House Kadius, and his first reaction was that it would not inhibit his search so he was okay with that. Some residents of Under-Tuluk also began to refer to him as Boss-Stump, taking the title from a previous denizen of the tunnels named Bane, who disappeared not long after providing Vo's name to Natar.  Much of what comes after still cannot be written here, but he did eventually deal with a Sorcerer named Purloiner and make more headway on his search.

Eventually his search ended. Nil died some meaningless death somewhere far away from home, but it was fun... he was a master assassin who could and did enter a lot of places he should not have been. He paid thousands of coins out regularly to people who promised to bring him information, and just never found the person with the broken, black crown tattoo.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Was Nil the dwarf who exploded azure dragon trying to kill that long ass lived Oashi Noble? I remember hiring a good assassin dwarf as Akai Sjir Elf. 

Quote from: Dar on November 06, 2020, 10:45:36 PM
Was Nil the dwarf who exploded azure dragon trying to kill that long ass lived Oashi Noble? I remember hiring a good assassin dwarf as Akai Sjir Elf.

Yes, I think so. I did blow someone up in the Azure Dragon back rooms... I think it wound up being that Noble's bodyguard though.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I totally enjoyed figuring out your dwarf's goal and manipulating you. And instead of metagaming, you've followed your dwarf's mindsets and reacted your character would've reacted. My compliments and adoration for this.