Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

April 01, 2018, 09:34:36 AM #950 Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 10:39:54 AM by The Archbishop
Quote from: palomar on October 24, 2016, 07:17:12 AM
Quote from: Case on October 24, 2016, 05:05:36 AM
Quote from: palomar on October 23, 2016, 03:17:01 PM
Additionally, he badmouthed the Order of Lirathu to Lyvren the Blue, and associated with magickers in his capacity as a Kuraci. Not a healthy thing to do when you're a Tuluki.
Lyvren and Qoriya's minor friendship was the best thing ever.

Also the time I held your stolen hammer namesake to ransom. I really hope that tea was poisoned ;)

It certainly was the best thing ever. It was disappointing neither of us got to Luir's that time, to meet up.

Haha, yes, the hammer. "Tulukgasm".  ;D

Stealing that hammer was the Mona Lisa of elf art for me.  What an intense hold breath moment that was.
Who would you kill for a klondike bar?

Quote from: Lythaniel on November 29, 2017, 01:55:08 AM
Man, Pip and Henn were awesome.  Great played characters and always a joy to be around.  What happened to the 3 Tor dwarves that were completely unstoppable?  I can't remember their names for the life of me, but they were pretty amazing.  I think it was around 2010 time frame.
Three shortstops without a period between them. Meso was one, I remember his auto-firing emote parry trigger. Loved that guy.

Quote from: nauta on March 02, 2018, 09:42:55 AM
Hai!  I was Wind.  I remember that elf and your partner in crime, Dust Cloud or something. 

Were you along when my Arabeti teamed up with a pack of Soh to chase down what we thought was a witch on the Pah, but it turned out was just an afk mul in a cave?  I'd tracked it for a couple IG days to this cave, and we mustered a small army, me with my little Arabet and an entire warband of stinking Soh.  We wait outside waying each other since we couldn't actually talk to each other due to language barriers, then I finally opened up the cave, heart pounding, and we all charge in with a cacophonous roar of Kahs and Sweet Breezes!  ... We stared at the afk mul for a good 5 minutes, beeped it, looked at each other sheepishly, and went our separate ways.

There is a sorcerer spell called 'Disguise'. It makes you appear as a different species entirely, but at the cost of making you afk for 30 minutes. That defiler fooled all of you!

April 24, 2018, 09:14:15 PM #953 Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:16:32 PM by bardbard#4
Quote from: Reiloth on December 26, 2016, 02:13:39 AM
Whatever happened to Holten Irofel? And Methyas Groot?

Holten opened a very, very, very trapped bag and blew himself up.

LauraMars is correct - Methyas was indeed summoned by a magicker while out on a hunt and slowly killed. It’s been 13 years and I’m still dying to know who was responsible.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

Quote from: nauta on March 02, 2018, 09:42:55 AM
Hai!  I was Wind.  I remember that elf and your partner in crime, Dust Cloud or something. 

Were you along when my Arabeti teamed up with a pack of Soh to chase down what we thought was a witch on the Pah, but it turned out was just an afk mul in a cave?  I'd tracked it for a couple IG days to this cave, and we mustered a small army, me with my little Arabet and an entire warband of stinking Soh.  We wait outside waying each other since we couldn't actually talk to each other due to language barriers, then I finally opened up the cave, heart pounding, and we all charge in with a cacophonous roar of Kahs and Sweet Breezes!  ... We stared at the afk mul for a good 5 minutes, beeped it, looked at each other sheepishly, and went our separate ways.

I think I was there for that with my Seik.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

What happened to Val (short for Valerosa, I believe) from way back in 1995? She was the grey-eyed swordswoman, I believe, of House Kurac but she left after a dispute with the gypsies. I always wished I could play a character as well as her player did with that one.

I still want to know who my Sweet Roll homies were back in the day.

Idji, Sham, Lyvren (who I loathed but later realized it was really cool she didn't spam kill us all and let the story line marinate.)

Quote from: Bebop on May 28, 2018, 12:52:13 PM

Idji, Sham, Lyvren (who I loathed but later realized it was really cool she didn't spam kill us all and let the story line marinate.)

I was Dorion, the Tor who used to eat your food.   At least I think that was Dorion.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on May 28, 2018, 09:12:22 PM
Quote from: Bebop on May 28, 2018, 12:52:13 PM

I was Dorion, the Tor who used to eat your food.   At least I think that was Dorion.

Fun times!

Post fun stories like LauraMars' amazing stuff earlier on this thread <3 http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,35826.new.html#new (no spoilers about secret things obviously this probably cuts out a lot of people but then again there's lots of moments without too?)
"And in her long nights, in her long house of smoke and miller's stones, she baked the bread we eat in dreams, strangest loaves, her pies full of anguish and days long dead, her fairy-haunted gingerbread, her cakes wet with tears."

Speaking of Balthazar and Alme...

When we went down on that sewer mission and Cona died. Balls Hazard, inflicted with loosetongue, shouted: It is that I wish this one is dead instead of Cona!

In front of Alme.

Good times.
I ruin immershunz.

You send a telepathic message to the scarred, dark-haired man:
     "You're Baal'hazred, yes? Balls. You know me. You wanted me to die, on the trip to the sewers. If you don't remember. No hard feelings, though! I'm Alme. How can I help?"

At your seat, you say in sirihish:
     "Cona had a good mind on her. Bright and winsome. She was kind to me. Quen, also. We weren't close friends - I have no friends, you see - but I wish they weren't gone."
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Whatever happened to the elf named Falk? I played Ashier/Ash (that nickname was a nightmare, in terms of people accidentally waying me), and she was one of the first two characters I ever met on arma.

I was such a cute newbie, making friends with all the elves and half-elves like speciesm wasn't even a thing. <:

Quote from: WithSprinkles on June 18, 2017, 11:18:52 AM
(smiles) Thanks, JDM. That means a lot from you. I was nervous talking to your character at first, but mine ended up being very fond of yours. I'm glad I got to make stuff for you!

Errr.. well, Barsook. If you remember from working with him, when Mari ran events, sometimes I liked to try and come up with random silly games. They didn't always work out how I imagined they would (lord knows), but people seemed to have fun? In all my craftings, I only saw one wooden ball object and thought that it would be cool if a ball were introduced to the game that was more versatile. I just never personally got around to it due to workload. It was my hope that a ball could be made that people could look at and think of more uses for, you know?

When one of my crafters was looking to make something in leather, the idea of a ball came up as we were speaking and we pitched ideas for the design. Chirys delivered in that aspect and while we were talking about the specifics, she, Zhaka and I brainstormed about a game to go with it.

As we were talking, I started to remember an Aztec game. It had a hard ball that had to be shot through hoops at either end of the field. I knew that a popular Zalanthan game should be properly brutal and bloody and that to get it off the ground, it might be a good idea to get it into the arena. Just the idea of having teams, sponsors and involving lots of people was very attractive and exciting. Something kinda dark made me think it would be fun to tie prisoners up and have them get pummeled to death for points as the goal. It was a rough outline, and as I laid out the notion, Zhaka, who was very good at coming up with names for things, dubbed it "Bloodball".

The House would have to profit to go along with the idea, so we thought of selling team tattoos, uniforms, masks, gear and all kinds of stuff provided by House Kadius to launch the sport and we proposed it to the houses. They loved it and wanted to make teams immediately.

It ended up being a little difficult to execute in practice, but thank you everyone who ran with it and tweaked the rules when it was obvious I knew NOTHING about coded combat (first character - Merchant). I'm happy it kept going a while! It was awesome seeing people enjoy the game and throw themselves into the frenzy of what ended up being.. I dunno? Zalanthan rugby? What would you even call that?

It is my hope that over time it will continue to get love and be everything we hoped for. Even if that game doesn't last though, that crafter made a great object. Be creative and come up with something else for it, folks!

Maristen was my character Sander-da Kuracs best friend :)
"Bring out the gorgensplat!"

June 12, 2018, 08:48:04 PM #964 Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:00:30 PM by Grapes
Quote from: KittenLicks on June 11, 2018, 06:45:08 AM
Whatever happened to the elf named Falk? I played Ashier/Ash (that nickname was a nightmare, in terms of people accidentally waying me), and she was one of the first two characters I ever met on arma.

I was such a cute newbie, making friends with all the elves and half-elves like speciesm wasn't even a thing. <:

Oh dear, I remember an overly friendly PC, might have been an Ash, iirc (she seemed to turn up EVERYWHERE for a while, even the rinth). Did you ever convince a crazed, murderous, star-handed elf in Luir's to try haggling down the price of a skirt a Tan Muark was trying to sell? If so, doing that pissed off the Muarki, who then bribed the Fist to murder my elf, my elf then stalled them in the cell long enough for a Lady Templar to way the Sergeant "HANDS OFF THE ELF!!!", which, had him so confused he settled for just kicking my elf out of the outpost for a year. That was wild.

EDIT: It's complicated by the fact that I've run into like, a dozen Ash PCs, so, the chances are kind of slim.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Quote from: Grapes on June 12, 2018, 08:48:04 PM
Oh dear, I remember an overly friendly PC, might have been an Ash, iirc (she seemed to turn up EVERYWHERE for a while, even the rinth). Did you ever convince a crazed, murderous, star-handed elf in Luir's to try haggling down the price of a skirt a Tan Muark was trying to sell? If so, doing that pissed off the Muarki, who then bribed the Fist to murder my elf, my elf then stalled them in the cell long enough for a Lady Templar to way the Sergeant "HANDS OFF THE ELF!!!", which, had him so confused he settled for just kicking my elf out of the outpost for a year. That was wild.

EDIT: It's complicated by the fact that I've run into like, a dozen Ash PCs, so, the chances are kind of slim.

Nope, sorry! Though I kind of wish that was me, that all sounds crazy. :D

It's amusing that that name choice is haunting me an entire year later.

Some extra info, seeing as there are so many damn Ash's: my Ashier was a Byn Runner. He died on a patrol when someone said "Wow there are like a million spiders down there, whatever you do, don't go south." and I managed to typo "l s" to "; s" and instantly die. He met Falk when she tried to pick his pocket and failed, then Wayed him about how she was trying to put a toy soldier into his pocket, which he actually believed, because of course he did. Later there was some stuff about Falk helping him to pay the sergeant back for a beetle he lost (because I didn't know how to rent it) by stealing a mount ticket for him.

Ashier was my first character and I think I made every single newbie mistake possible. :p It was a cringey time.

Quote from: Desertman on August 02, 2016, 04:10:59 PM
Quote from: Chettaman on August 02, 2016, 12:58:12 PM
Quote from: Desertman on July 29, 2016, 11:13:04 AM
Also, same character, whatever happened to the little girl that Markus had adopted, I think I called her Pearl but she called herself Killa, much to Markus' dismay? Markus made a special Templar's Heart soap just for her in an attempt to get her to at least try and stay clean. I don't think she ever did. She did however draw a lot of dicks on my walls.

The russet-haired girl or something.
Hahahaha! I taught her to draw dicks on things as Drov.
We drew dicks on so many things.

... or maybe she taught me. xD

Yup that was her.

A little late, but that was me. Markus called her Jade, but she much preferred Killa because it was a terribly fierce name in her mind. She was my first and last breed, but one of my most fondly-recalled characters of all time, primarily because of how weirdly fun it was to play an angsty bundle of hate and the dynamics between her, Drov, Markus, and the TUFF HIDES group they were all a part of.

She ended up dying on a pretty unfortunate hunting accident trip with Markus, if I recall correctly, but Drov was definitely the one who taught her to draw dicks on everything. Man, that was such a fun time and really hooked me to this game. I love you guys! I've always wondered what happened to those characters as well.

Quote from: Eyeball on May 07, 2018, 12:52:23 PM
What happened to Val (short for Valerosa, I believe) from way back in 1995? She was the grey-eyed swordswoman, I believe, of House Kurac but she left after a dispute with the gypsies. I always wished I could play a character as well as her player did with that one.

I think that was Valeric (GDB handle) She played very well thought out characters but left some years back to pursue another mud. Not sure if she ever came back?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: Large Hero on May 29, 2018, 12:24:01 PM
You send a telepathic message to the scarred, dark-haired man:
     "You're Baal'hazred, yes? Balls. You know me. You wanted me to die, on the trip to the sewers. If you don't remember. No hard feelings, though! I'm Alme. How can I help?"

At your seat, you say in sirihish:
     "Cona had a good mind on her. Bright and winsome. She was kind to me. Quen, also. We weren't close friends - I have no friends, you see - but I wish they weren't gone."

oh my god

<3
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I was wondering the other day, whatever happened to that sneakier-than-your-average sneaky elf, Still?

Oh they're around! Unless it's just you who's whispering in my characters ear from time to time.. then it's just you.  ???
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Still was pretty cool. He was stealthy, AND you could talk to him at the bar. A lot of roguish types end up sort of just vanishing in between jobs, or pretending to be something they're not.

I remember being an elf or two and he would be there, a reliable oasis of elf rp in a vast as shit desert of humanity. The first time it wasn't so bad 'cause there were like three other elves besides us, who moved between Allanak and Storm and Luir's, to where the money was at. I think the authorities left us alone because we were either paying them off or not strictly bothering anyone they cared about--- I wasn't around at peaktime enough to learn which it was. I made one of the girls a special tho fruitcake which is still creatable by unclanned people, although I'd have to look in my documents to see how to make it. I think they were hunters and grebbers for hire, although they showed the signs of knowing more unsavory ways to make money, like any good elves would.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Who played that Oash Bastard I did experiments on that resulted in a cool custom scar?

I know....  ;)
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: MeTekillot on August 27, 2018, 07:19:14 PM
Who played that Oash Bastard I did experiments on that resulted in a cool custom scar?

One day I'll return the favor. ;)

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"