Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

I always feel like those circumstances are exceptions. Also, the fact that it was faded was a key indicator there of your intent with the PC. The intent of someone who mudsexes a lot isn't in alignment with your intent.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: satine on November 15, 2017, 11:57:08 AM
I feel like I did a great job, Nile.
There is even a log on the site from Mouse, when a rouge mind worm taught her where babies come from.

It might be gone now.

What ever happened to the rest of the crew from that time?

I played Marin.  This was, what, 10 years ago?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Marin was pone of my favorites...

Also, hi mansa!
Quotejmordetsky: so I reckon, before 1750, people were fuckin retarded

QuoteNamino:
I'm not going to spawn 100,000,000 eggs like a black marlin just because Mekillots are a thing 

Man, Pip and Henn were awesome.  Great played characters and always a joy to be around.  What happened to the 3 Tor dwarves that were completely unstoppable?  I can't remember their names for the life of me, but they were pretty amazing.  I think it was around 2010 time frame.

A
Quote from: Lythaniel on November 29, 2017, 01:55:08 AM
What happened to the 3 Tor dwarves that were completely unstoppable?  I can't remember their names for the life of me, but they were pretty amazing.  I think it was around 2010 time frame.

If I remember correctly, Tor closed and they were conscripted into the militia. The last of them was declared a traitor and executed in the arena some time later. It was a strange time. I miss the Tor Academy, had some great RP there, and nothing says badass like being an Academy Graduate.
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

Meso was one of them.  He was sort of like my PC Kave's bodyguard while I was working on a metal weapon design.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

November 29, 2017, 03:32:35 PM #906 Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:34:56 PM by BadSkeelz
Quote from: Sakra on November 29, 2017, 07:56:49 AM
A
Quote from: Lythaniel on November 29, 2017, 01:55:08 AM
What happened to the 3 Tor dwarves that were completely unstoppable?  I can't remember their names for the life of me, but they were pretty amazing.  I think it was around 2010 time frame.

If I remember correctly, Tor closed and they were conscripted into the militia. The last of them was declared a traitor and executed in the arena some time later. It was a strange time. I miss the Tor Academy, had some great RP there, and nothing says badass like being an Academy Graduate.

Meso was the dwarf declared a traitor and executed, but he was not the last. There's actually a log submitted about that event: https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,47850.0.html

The actual  last of them, Shrinty, rose to the rank of corporal in the Arm of the Dragon. She was killed in action against tarantulas in Descending Sun, In the Year of Lirathu's Agitation, year 77 of the 21st Age.

Unless Shrinty isn't counted as the three. I remember her talking about three brothers who might be the "Real" three unstoppable Tor dwarves.

Nah, it was definitely Meso, Shrinty and the third one.  I had a lot of good RP with that group. 

Around the same time there was a Merchant / Agent in Salarr around the same time named Kalaski.  Whoever played him did an amazing job and I had a whole lot of fun doing odd jobs for him.  What ever happened to that PC?

Quote from: Lythaniel on November 29, 2017, 04:04:48 PM
Nah, it was definitely Meso, Shrinty and the third one.  I had a lot of good RP with that group. 

Around the same time there was a Merchant / Agent in Salarr around the same time named Kalaski.  Whoever played him did an amazing job and I had a whole lot of fun doing odd jobs for him.  What ever happened to that PC?

Kalaski was AWESOME! My PC at the time(Ita) thought of him as a father figure and after her died she named her beetle Kalaski. I'll let the player say what happened as the truth was kept hush hush IG, though that was back at the beginning of 2011, so I -think- we're good now. :-D
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

November 29, 2017, 05:02:43 PM #909 Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 05:14:56 PM by Aruven
I'm just here to re-write the name *Kilaski

Also, thanks for saying those things that was my first real stab at a leader PC.

I think the mystery would be way more gratifying than the reality.

That guy has a pinfo message about dying to poison, though, if that's tantalizing at all!

I played a character in The Aod at the time and trained with Meso, just before the conscription, What a great character named after soup....Red Meso.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Fun fact:

Another dwarf tried to join the scorpions at the time.  His name was Meat.

I turned him down on the basis I'd have to call him 'Red Meat', so he could come back when he had something else to be called.  He opted out, I think.  Heh.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Lythaniel on November 29, 2017, 04:04:48 PM

I seem to remember one being Red Lew.

Quote from: Is Friday on September 17, 2017, 01:16:22 AM
I feel immensely disappointed that I missed most of the Hasan saga.
xD
Me too.
I got the short, more magickal end of the stick, if you get my drift.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: James de Monet on January 24, 2018, 05:17:29 PM
Quote from: Lizzie on January 23, 2018, 10:22:22 PM
...Is XD back? Cause that'd be something to say "back when I played a decade ago" ten years from now.

Quote from: X-D on January 24, 2018, 10:42:26 PM
Wanna bet?

Oh, and halflings used to come into Tuluk to chat and trade.

STFU
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

February 26, 2018, 01:13:25 PM #915 Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 03:10:52 PM by gotdamnmiracle
So I played Jova, or Wandering Angk, Ranna of the Blood Feathers in the SLK. If anyone recalls that I'd be willing to share my perspective on some silliness that went down in the Pah at the time.

Also, to whoever played the Arabet Wind, loved RPing with you and telling stories. I remember the big plans we had.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

I remember Ranna!

And Wind!

Ha. I've finally been playing long enough that I remember people who have slipped into the talk-about past.

Haha sorry, pal. Ranna is a rank or title, not a name. You may be thinking of someone else.

Heh. Guess so. I remember meeting an elf who said their name was Ranna. :)

Hai!  I was Wind.  I remember that elf and your partner in crime, Dust Cloud or something. 

Were you along when my Arabeti teamed up with a pack of Soh to chase down what we thought was a witch on the Pah, but it turned out was just an afk mul in a cave?  I'd tracked it for a couple IG days to this cave, and we mustered a small army, me with my little Arabet and an entire warband of stinking Soh.  We wait outside waying each other since we couldn't actually talk to each other due to language barriers, then I finally opened up the cave, heart pounding, and we all charge in with a cacophonous roar of Kahs and Sweet Breezes!  ... We stared at the afk mul for a good 5 minutes, beeped it, looked at each other sheepishly, and went our separate ways.

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Lol holy shit I forgot about that! We were so stoked to scalp a sorcerer.

Yup. I was Dust lol. The best anticlimax.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

One of the few times we were all together and the big baddy didn't show.

March 05, 2018, 08:38:10 PM #923 Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:45:41 PM by Akaramu
This thread made me realize how I never played at the right times to experience any of the coolest stuff. My characters are never mentioned in threads like these. It makes me sadder than I like to admit.  :'(

Also, I really suck at finding ways to get involved in cool sekrit stuff(tm). And when I do, the key PC responsible dies or stores the next day. Or gets stored. I STILL MISS THAT PESKY WHIRAN GWOSHI DANGNABIT!

Oh, and guess what, I had a rather interesting and competent character all the cool gypsies at the time want to roleplay with. Character dies. I make a character all the cool gypsies at the time want to kill. I store that character because my gypo app got approved. And guess what, the cool gypsies who are still playing hate my guts and my new PC gypo gets excluded from all the cool stuff.

Story of my life. At least I got to enjoy a few days of trying to track down my previous PC  :P

Play now.  Is cool stuff.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC