Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 26, 2017, 11:27:45 PM
That's certainly fall under "Banging someone important." But I don't really consider her to be down during a war.

Depends on your definition of down...
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

;D ;D ;D

You guys are too much!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

That's what she said

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit: In all honestly what did happen to Sera? Last I remember was dropping them off in Morin's.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 27, 2017, 07:18:18 PM
That's what she said

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit: In all honestly what did happen to Sera? Last I remember was dropping them off in Morin's.

It can't have been a year for that yet, though, can it? I feel like I remember her on Sergeant Rush, and he hasn't been a year.

Maybe I have no sense of time?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

If we're thinking of the same Sera I'm quite sure it's been at least a year.
Could be wrong though.

Let's make sure it has been before saying anything.  I hate losing threads like these to careless IC info sharing. :)
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

I could be wrong, too. Or just a bad sense of time. I THINK I knew her on Rush, but Rush also survived quite a while so its entirely possible its been the year.

For that matter: What ever happened to that Crazy-fuck bowl-cut haired Templar's Aide? That guy was pretty awesome for an aide, and I've always been disappointed that I kept trying to pin shit on him that I knew wouldn't stick.

Alright, to whoever played that bowl-cut haired Templar: Well done, seriously well done. You played out the craziest, power hungriest Blue Robe Allanak has ever seen, and I loved your character to death. Serious kudos to that player.

Quote from: Riev on April 28, 2017, 01:08:42 PM
I could be wrong, too. Or just a bad sense of time. I THINK I knew her on Rush, but Rush also survived quite a while so its entirely possible its been the year.

You were a runner for my Sergeant, and he died over a year ago, so I wouldn't be surprised.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: deathkamon on April 28, 2017, 01:19:18 PM
Alright, to whoever played that bowl-cut haired Templar: Well done, seriously well done. You played out the craziest, power hungriest Blue Robe Allanak has ever seen, and I loved your character to death. Serious kudos to that player.

Thanks.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Wow.  You?!  Scariest craziest templar ever.

Quote from: Refugee on April 28, 2017, 04:00:10 PM
Wow.  You?!

Yep. Me.

Sorry about that...all the things. Especially that one thing. You know.

#notreally

8)

Good job.  I am impressed!   8)

I still think Koranth was more balls out crazier but Lord Templar Bowlcut definitely reminded me of him. Fortunately I didn't have to work for both of you.

Quote from: LauraMars on April 28, 2017, 02:11:59 PM
Quote from: deathkamon on April 28, 2017, 01:19:18 PM

Thanks.
If Bowl Cut hadn't been blackout drunk and murdery in regards to Samim that would have been the turning point for her to flip to the dark side. She was a devout and loyal descendant of a Tor officer who enlisted in AoD, then was asked to aide. But she was also a subguild sorcerer. There had been no IC reason for her to pursue learning spells, she never even tried or knew she could, and she'd never considered a Templar could ever be wrong.

I generally had a plan to wait for something that would cause her to waiver in her belief before she went down that route. She didn't run so she never had that chance.

I enjoyed playing around Bowl Cut as the aide for however long that lasted. He was a great character. I was generally left unsatisfied with Samim's ending because of how/why it happened. I'm not really all too surprised when it happened because of his temperament. Just feel like it could have been much more awesome as a revenge story. Oh well.

Not posting to blame or be bitter about it. Just making a #sadpost
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

For that matter: What ever happened to that Crazy-fuck bowl-cut haired Templar's Aide? That guy was pretty awesome for an aide, and I've always been disappointed that I kept trying to pin shit on him that I knew wouldn't stick.

I know who you're talking about! They're still hanging around here and they're one of my favorites! I wanna tell you, but I'll let them proceed.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

April 29, 2017, 04:34:41 PM #666 Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 04:36:41 PM by LauraMars
Balthazar was intense and a lunatic.  His aides (all three of them) were brave people to play around him to such an intimate degree. In some cases, they were also dead people.

Apologies for all the casualties.  The world is harsh and cruel and unfair.

If it makes you feel better Is Friday I haven't really played the game since I stored.

Quote from: LauraMars on April 29, 2017, 04:34:41 PM
If it makes you feel better Is Friday I haven't really played the game since I stored.
Heh, yeah, that experience kind of killed it for me for a bit. I took a break and haven't felt the magick since then. Had a string of unsatisfying deaths prior to that one. You know how it is.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 28, 2017, 04:59:52 PM
I still think Koranth was more balls out crazier but Lord Templar Bowlcut definitely reminded me of him. Fortunately I didn't have to work for both of you.

Thanks! Koranth was lots of fun to play.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Quote from: The Lonely Hunter on April 29, 2017, 11:03:00 PM
Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 28, 2017, 04:59:52 PM

Thanks! Koranth was lots of fun to play.

Koranth was a great PC. Kolo was terrified of him.

Hey it's now officially been more than a year since Kolo, I'll have to post something when I'm not on my phone.
And I am catching up, and I am seeing red
How about I prove I'm right and raise it overhead?

Balthazar was intense and a lunatic.  His aides (all three of them) were brave people to play around him to such an intimate degree. In some cases, they were also dead people.

I totally loved Balthazar. Even if I was beginning a plot of framing him for the assassination of a Fale Lord. I was doing research on this virtual fale that died for some whatever unrelated someone elses plot reasons in order to find stuff I could use to frame Balthazar with, but stuff happened and I had to skip town.

That fale's favorite food was a dish of erdlu wings :D.

Quote from: Dar on May 01, 2017, 01:07:40 AM

I totally loved Balthazar. Even if I was beginning a plot of framing him for the assassination of a Fale Lord. I was doing research on this virtual fale that died for some whatever unrelated someone elses plot reasons in order to find stuff I could use to frame Balthazar with, but stuff happened and I had to skip town.

That fale's favorite food was a dish of erdlu wings :D.

*explodes*

Quote from: Comfortably Dumb on April 30, 2017, 08:17:45 PM
Hey it's now officially been more than a year since Kolo, I'll have to post something when I'm not on my phone.

YES PLZ!

As the player of Alme (the short, pech-haired man), Balthazar's aide, getting to play closely with bowl-cut was a real privilege. I can give him (and Laura) the highest praise: he made me log in every day, and made me hate to have to log out.

People gave Balthazar a lot of shit, ICly and OOCly, for being "too crazy, too over the top," etc.

But LauraMars gave the character internal consistency and depth that not everyone got to see. As his aide, Alme got to see it. I don't think I've seen another character better at embodying opposite extremes. Balthazar was unhinged, but consistent and believable; there was a method to the madness. He was dangerous and unyielding, but at times also vulnerable and uncertain. He was funny, but also tragic. He was often foolish and had unrealistic ideas, but was also cunning. What made Balthazar so good is that he could shift between these different extremes while clearly remaining the same, consistent character. It never felt forced, and if you learned to look for the precursors and signs (as Alme eventually did, due to how much time he spent with Balthazar), the shifts in behavior could be predicted. What's more, Laura was confident and fair enough in her roleplaying as to allow Balthazar to be influenced. If a character knew how to press his buttons, Balthazar could be calmed or enraged, or led to believe or doubt something. It takes skill and guts to let your character be malleable like that, and I take my hat off to Laura for it. In short, Balthazar was a very "real" person to me.

Balthazar is my favorite Armageddon PC, and the experience showed me that LauraMars is one of the best (perhaps the best) roleplayers in the game, for my money. She absolutely nailed the character.

Some memorable scenes involving Balty:
* In the first job interview, Balthazar dangling Alme over the edge of the city wall, while interrogating him about his thoughts on eating erdlu meat
* working with Lady Alisima Oash (another great boss that Alme was spoiled with the privilege of getting to RP with) to convince Balthazar not to marry his erdlu in public, in order to protect him from the political backlash
* being forced by a Great Lord to give up Balthazar's prize erdlu; an intimate dinner with the Great Lord, Balthazar, a Borsail Lord, and another individual, to follow
* after a failure, Balthazar summoning Alme to a private room in the temple, and with rage and violence, very successfully convincing me both ICly and OOCly that Alme was about to die. Alme successfully pleaded for his life while hiding underneath a table (sometimes it's good to be short)
* a dangerous public confrontation between Balthazar, Alme, Mint, Alisima, the wonderful Valorisk, and another individual
* many others

Alme got a lot of shit for being Balthazar's aide, as Riev noted above. Which was funny, because Alme was my experiment in "taking a 'lawful good' character and involving them in Allanaki politics." Alme was the kindest and most altruistic character I've played. He tried to help everybody, and worked to save several characters from death, even when they treated him poorly. His motivations were a lot like Varys' in GoT, who seems to work for "the good of the realm." Toward the end of his career, Alme's sense of morality began to wear down, but he was still very "lawful good."

It's funny, because I think a lot of people hated Alme out of a suspicion that he was turning Balthazar against them. On the contrary, he (usually) counseled Balthazar to be more cautious and less violent.
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Well met, sandwich man!

Ratface definitely was in the mindset of "this aide is either too big for his britches, thinking he can control a Templar, or he really IS able to influence a Templar, which makes him dangerous".

I loved that he was one of the few people who understood "taking business into the alleys" and that it wasn't an outright death sentence to go in there. He was willing to "learn" and picked up on things very quickly.

Ratface just didn't want to give up his favorite toy (the assassin that managed to kill a noble) and unfortunately, that toy let slip some damning information. I HAD to play Ratface true to character, which was to try and protect his assets and pin it on someone else, despite the fact that NOBODY EVER believed Alme was behind any of it. And as I've mentioned to people before, he'd probably STILL be alive if I, as a player, kept to the idea that Guild Bosses should stay in the alleys. I was bored and wanted some RP sessions, so I went to meet with someone southside and got caught.

As a player, I never believed Alme would get blamed for the assassination, but Ratface thought if he made the story believable enough, there would be some doubt, and he wouldn't have to give up his toy.